Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on April 28, 2012
I needed 2 of these and needed them quick so I ignored the reviews and decided to get this product.
Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap... build quality. If you're lucky, it will last you 2 months.
2 of the leg mounts came off right out of the box, on BOTH of my orders, so this will definitely happen to you, like it has happened to all the reviewers.
Second, the paper coating is almost impossible to get off without the help of another product...
Such a waste of money, if I hadn't been on a rush, I wouldn't have ordered these.
on April 14, 2012
I also received a table with one of the mounts for the egs completely popped off. I did a quick fix by spraying a little acrylic clear coat on the spot where it was supposed to be and I dare say that leg mount is now better attached than the rest.

I ran into a LOT of trouble trying to remove the protective paper, but then on the second one, I just warmed it up a little bit with a blowdryer and it all came off in one nice easy piece. IMPORTANT: make sure not to over heat as the glue can melt to the acrylic and then you're stuck (pun intended)
 I am a newbie in product photography, I dont even have nice set of lights yet, all I have is a dslr and this. It would be good enough for me but would be better if its bigger and hopefully made more of a high quality product that whats it made of. My video will at least show how I got it. The legs seems to be ok to might. I just hate that its hard to remove the sticker kinda peeling it has. The edges can be a bit sharp too, so dont be surprised if you got cut.

For its price, and on a newbies point of view, I think its ok.

If you have problems playing the video here.. check it here. https://youtu.be/MlNNb-ztvbg
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 27, 2012
We all know the effect - reflections on the bottom of an object is something that I have been doing digitally for a while now. It's a highly desirable effect, especially for product photography. I opened an eBay store a little while back and wanted my product photography to really stand out. After using it for a few products, I can say that I am thoroughly satisfied with it!

PROS
- Good height when using my Slik Mini-Pro V Tripod with 2-Way Pan/Tilt Head
- Easy set-up
- Black and White surfaces

CONS
- Not the best materials (but definitely passable)

A NOTE:
I personally found the black to be too reflective for my tastes, so I sprayed it with some semi-matte clear-coat to tone things down. This was absolutely personal preference, and was an easy process if you find yourself in the same situation. I didn't take any marks off for this.

Up until this point I had used some acrylic on a tabletop, but it didn't offer the depth that this table does! I have added a customer image of a camera I shot with this set-up that sold very quickly - I'm not saying it was because of this table, but I love the effect!
review image
on November 27, 2013
Crap.
First of all, the paper stuck to either sides of the base is impossible to remove. I work with plexiglass, so I'm used to removing protective film. It all came off in little 1" pieces, taking a loooooong time and making a huge mess.

The legs are held in by little neodymium magnets. Unfortunately, the magnets used are too small so the slightest bump knocks the table over. Also, one of the magnets immediately came out of the top rendering the whole leg system useless, leaving me with just a flax piece of plexi.

Returned.
on December 18, 2012
This is not what it appears as it is rather flimsy and scratches very easily. Not to mention it is rather small and thin and can only set small items on it...really small items.
on May 21, 2013
I haven't removed the paper yet from these two pieces of acrylic, but the legs are a big problem. There are supposed to be 4 small magnets that fit into the bottom of the black acrylic table and 4 legs that have an embedded piece of metal to attract the magnet on the underside of the table. One of the magnets came missing, and one of the legs is missing its metal insert as well. Neither was included in the shipment or loose in the box. A second magnet on the underside of the black acrylic table is turned cattywumpus in such a way that I can't get it out or push it into place so a leg won't fit there either. I will have to find some kind of gentle tool to force the magnet out of its slot without breaking or scratching anything.

The legs are worthless. I'm glad I'm not in a hurry, but this product is terrible before it is even set up. It took a long time to get here, at least a couple of weeks. One of the problems with stuff like this is that by the time you go through the hassle of complaining, returning it and waiting for a replacement or a refund, you have wasted a lot of time, and it isn't worth the money to go through this.

Believe the bad ratings here folks, because this doesn't come usable. You will have to work on it a good while and figure out how in the world you will ever attach the legs to make it work. The legs don't fit the white acrylic piece at all, by design. it is just a rounded square of white material with no place to attach any legs.

You would do much better to go to a hobby store and buy a black acrylic dish or something. Who makes these things and what were they thinking? How about some screw in legs next time?
on June 7, 2013
First, I'd like to say I've purchased things from Cowboy Studio, and have never had a bad experience until now.

Like many others, I've had problems right from the start. The legs do not stay in place well. Any slight bump will cause them to fail. When you're working with something containing liquids, that can be extremely messy, and potentially ruin the tables.

The protective paper was an absolute nightmare to take off. It took all of my patience just to get the first corner started and by the time I had my 3rd strip torn off, I was ready to just box the tables back up and return them.

I then grabbed the white "table" and found there were no magnets on the bottom to hold the legs in place. I guess they expect you to set the white on top of the black, and hope the added weight/stress doesn't cause the flimsy legs to buckle, and hope one piece of acrylic doesn't scratch the other. When I finally managed to peel a corner of the protective paper back on the white acrylic, I found stains already on the acrylic. I tried a couple sprays of LED screen cleaner, and then some alcohol to clean the stains, with no success. I guess I'm just lucky it's only on one side, but when one side gets scratched, I won't have the option of flipping it over to use the unscratched side.

For $25, they should be a LOT better than they are. I'll probably still order from CBS, but I'll definitely read the reviews a little more closely, and I'll certainly be less likely to dismiss the negative reviews.
on January 29, 2013
This is just what I needed --- I've used it and like it. I like the magnetic legs so that I can use it with or without that height. I do wish the legs would stay on better (stronger magnets?). I had no trouble getting the backing off, as others have mentioned. If you gently pull at a corner of the backing, you will be able to remove a decent size strip of the backing --- you will need to do this a few times in order to get all the backing off. Note the shiny surface is easily scratched so, for example, don't drag objects across it, and be careful in how you clean it. The scratching issue is a function of the material and not product quality. It would have been helpful if cleaning instructions were included.
on March 31, 2015
I'm reading a bunch of negatives about this thing, but it could not be simpler. It's 2 pieces of acrylic, with one of them having legs. The base is black, and a 2nd piece, which lays on top, is white. I've had this little table for about a year or two, and it has shown no problems.

I'm uploading 2 photos. One with the black piece (which needs cleaning), and one with the white piece laying on top of the bottom base. I threw an old point-n-shot camera on it as sort of a subject. (Quite literally almost. I simply laid it there however it happened to face.)

The advertisement is slightly misleading. There are no magnets on mine. But I think it is referring to the magnetic effect which happens between to objects that come together and have a very smooth surface between each other. It's a natural physics effect.

It is acrylic and the legs appear to be glued on. If you play football with it, then it's going to get scratched and break.

Trust me, it would cost more to make this little table from parts at a hardware store.
review image review image