Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on July 22, 2012
I needed to mount a Zoom H4n and a light. It worked well. Make sure to order 2 Shoe-To-Tripod Screw Adapters so you can use the 2 brackets; it does not come with any.
on August 10, 2012
This triple mount is perfect for my JVC camera. Allows me to connect my H4N, a Shotgun Mic, and a Light in one compact package. The hot shoe mount is a little tricky to get to and keep tight once my H4N is mounted in the middle, but it can me done. This is well built and I see it lasting for years. The center hotshot is even threaded all the way through, so if you want to mount it to a tripod you can do that as well. Nice piece of gear for any video or DSLR setup.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
The Cowboy Studio Dual Mount Bracket dutifully fulfills my goal of mounting my Rode Videomic and Neewer CN-160 Dimmable LED Video Light to my Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera.

After searching for other dual mount brackets, the Cowboy Studio Dual Mount Bracket revealed to be the most favorable of its kind, despite the lower number of reviews and ratings. I concluded that the other brands were more popular due to the lower price tag, but for the most part I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for."

I am glad I shilled out a few extra dollars and received a great product. Under the heavy load of my microphone and LED lights, I am able to face my camera parallel to the floor without the worry of the mount twisting or wobbling. There is not a single problem that I can think of.

Overall, this product is very solid and will meet the demands of the smaller-budget DSLR filmmaker and photographer who needs to attach lights, microphones, and even audio recorders such as the Zoom H4n to their camera. I definitely recommend this product.
on April 18, 2013
A very useful bracket for mounting an external microphone together with a video light. However, I would not recommend mounting this bracket on the camera's hot shoe because of the weight factor. Mounting the microphone on the camera (DSLR with video capabilities) can also result in the microphone picking up noise from the camera's VR motor and the autofocus motor. I used mine off-camera; mounted on a light stand.
on August 2, 2013
I shoot video with a Canon 60D and was running out of places to put my accessories, which coincidently, are the exact same accessories as shown in the picture. It works perfectly. There are actually three places to put fit shoe-mounted add-ons. An added feature is the that they are spread out enough for the weight to not become overwhelming if you are shooting while holding the camera. Easy on and off, easy storage, well made, secures tightly to the camera shoe mount. I wouldn't change one part of this product. A real must have for the videographer/photographer
on October 3, 2012
A very simple accessory that serves a real purpose. I use mine to hold two Neewer lights NEEWER® 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light, LED Light for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic,SONY, Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras. I've uploaded two pics, and although I'm not able to spread both lights horizontally, the bracket is still great for my needs here. It really does seem to be sturdy, and thus feels like it'll last quite a long time. Overall, very happy with this purchase.
review image review image
on June 9, 2011
Dual Mount Bracket for Video Lights & Microphones on Cameras and Camcorders.
This item is one cool accessory. As I do photography and video it's the perfect mount for extra peripherals no matter the task. It's made of quite sturdy metal (although it sits a little higher than I'd like) and is perfect for mounting whatever additional gear needed on my photo/video equipment eliminating the need for additional tripods and adapters. I've seen similar brackets go for much more money just for the brand name value.
on September 7, 2012
This little gizmo is so simple any yet provides you with extra "hands." You can put a sound mixer, mic and lights on this. It is very well made, light and very strong.

I guess the only "con" I can mention is that you have to align perfectly with the shoe mount. Its not like putting a flash unit on the shoe. Maybe this isn't as difficult on non Nikon brand cameras?

I'd give this "ten" stars if the center mount was a "hot" mount! I guess then one would have to buy one compatible with their specific brand camera but it would be awesome to have a working flash for stills, a mic and lights for video all on one accessory!
on July 25, 2012
With my Canon 5D Mark II, from top to bottom this holds firmly with no overlap:

1. Fotodiox Pro LED 312AS, (worked also with the Newer 160, but it was too flimsy and broke)

2. Tascam DR40 with EzFoto Metal Univeral Hotshoe 1/4-20 thread,

3. Rode SM3 Shock Mount with NT-2 and a Dead Cat does not show up on camera.

This setup is GREAT, a little heavy for run and gun, but it will be great for location and all in one studio!

[...]
on September 18, 2013
I bought this Dual Mount Bracket to do just exactly what is shown in the picture. It works just fine, I was a bit surprised by how small it actually is but it works perfectly for my needs of holding a microphone and Video Light. I am sure there are bigger stronger and stiffer dual mounts on the market but for my needs this one is perfectly suited for the job.