Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on July 22, 2012
I needed to mount a Zoom H4n and a light. It worked well. Make sure to order 2 Shoe-To-Tripod Screw Adapters so you can use the 2 brackets; it does not come with any.
on April 24, 2013
The Cowboy Studio Dual Mount Bracket dutifully fulfills my goal of mounting my Rode Videomic and Neewer CN-160 Dimmable LED Video Light to my Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera.

After searching for other dual mount brackets, the Cowboy Studio Dual Mount Bracket revealed to be the most favorable of its kind, despite the lower number of reviews and ratings. I concluded that the other brands were more popular due to the lower price tag, but for the most part I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for."

I am glad I shilled out a few extra dollars and received a great product. Under the heavy load of my microphone and LED lights, I am able to face my camera parallel to the floor without the worry of the mount twisting or wobbling. There is not a single problem that I can think of.

Overall, this product is very solid and will meet the demands of the smaller-budget DSLR filmmaker and photographer who needs to attach lights, microphones, and even audio recorders such as the Zoom H4n to their camera. I definitely recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2013
A very useful bracket for mounting an external microphone together with a video light. However, I would not recommend mounting this bracket on the camera's hot shoe because of the weight factor. Mounting the microphone on the camera (DSLR with video capabilities) can also result in the microphone picking up noise from the camera's VR motor and the autofocus motor. I used mine off-camera; mounted on a light stand.
on August 2, 2013
I shoot video with a Canon 60D and was running out of places to put my accessories, which coincidently, are the exact same accessories as shown in the picture. It works perfectly. There are actually three places to put fit shoe-mounted add-ons. An added feature is the that they are spread out enough for the weight to not become overwhelming if you are shooting while holding the camera. Easy on and off, easy storage, well made, secures tightly to the camera shoe mount. I wouldn't change one part of this product. A real must have for the videographer/photographer
on June 9, 2011
Dual Mount Bracket for Video Lights & Microphones on Cameras and Camcorders.
This item is one cool accessory. As I do photography and video it's the perfect mount for extra peripherals no matter the task. It's made of quite sturdy metal (although it sits a little higher than I'd like) and is perfect for mounting whatever additional gear needed on my photo/video equipment eliminating the need for additional tripods and adapters. I've seen similar brackets go for much more money just for the brand name value.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
I bought this Dual Mount Bracket to do just exactly what is shown in the picture. It works just fine, I was a bit surprised by how small it actually is but it works perfectly for my needs of holding a microphone and Video Light. I am sure there are bigger stronger and stiffer dual mounts on the market but for my needs this one is perfectly suited for the job.
on June 20, 2015
I returned the first one due to what I considered to be a defect, but the second one had the EXACT same issue, so I just decided to fix it myself. The issue is that the lips that hold the hot shoe in place (the ones that rest ON TOP of the plate when you insert your mic/light) were not even. They weren't even close to being even. One stuck up at a 45 degree angle while the other was flat (how it should be) at 90 degrees. That was the case on BOTH mounts, BOTH times I ordered one! Clearly it's just a flaw in craftsmanship. When I tightened the hot shoe as much as possible I could still slide the mic/light out with no effort. Would have fallen out by itself if I tilted it too much. Luckily all I needed was a set of pliers and was able to bend the skewed lip down to 90 degrees, making it work properly. The second issue is that the arm for the light (the shorter one) is not level at the top. Again, it wasn't pressed properly, leaving my light sitting at an awkward angle. Had to lock it down on a tool bench and use brute force for that fix. After some effort it is now in fine working order. Just don't buy this expecting to use it out of the box. Oh and you may need a small Phillips screwdriver... on the first one I ordered the tiny screws holding the actual bracket onto the arm were loose, making it further useless to attach anything to it. Luckily the second one didn't have that issue.

With all that said, the bracket itself is quite nice, once it's working. If it didn't have those issues I would have absolutely rated it 5 stars. And maybe I just really am that unlucky.

It is a little heavy, but it's all metal, so that's to be expected. I use the Rode VideoMic Pro and the NEEWER CN-160 LED video light. The spacing of the arms is great so that they are not too close together and I don't get any shadow of the mic on my subject.

IMPORTANT: If you have the VideoMic Pro, be aware that the cable to plug into the DSLR is JUST long enough. I really mean JUST. An extra centimeter and it wouldn't reach. It's so close that when I store it I unplug the mic, because it just feels like there is a lot of tension on the port where the cord meets the mic, and I'm afraid that over time it may start to affect the wiring. Just a hint to keep in mind.

All in all I would recommend this over some of the other plastic cheapies out there, but there may very well be a better option for the same pricepoint that I was not aware of.
on February 19, 2014
It does exactly what it says it does. It is sturdy, light weight and does the job. I have used it on my Canon T5I and it works well.
on May 2, 2014
received first Bracket and soon as i attached my new Neewer CN160 i had received with it the hot shoe that is mounted with 3 tiny screw just came out due to poor threading. I had my tascam mic attached on it and when i went to take it off it also just came off.

I requested replacement as i needed it for a event. Not in 5 minutes my first attempt to mount my cn160 it doesnt even mount. i thought the thread on cn160 was bad but it isn't, it mounts securely to my canon 6d. Tried mounting to both hot shoe on the bracket and neither worked brand new out the box. seem gauge of the hotshoe metal is thinner and not as square, not sure if thats the problem.

Extremely disappointed as i ordered this for a even i had last night and didn't have it. I think on returns they should ship next day if part is bad. I had ordered for next day delivery to use for event. when replacement was shipped, they shipped it regular ground delivery. took 6 days to get here.
on September 10, 2013
This dual mount bracket works perfectly for anyone who needs a few more places to mount lights, microphones, etc. on their camera. It's really easy to attach and tighten and is really sturdy, so it can handle some heavier peripherals. It looks a bit awkward on a smaller camera, but that can be easily overlooked for its functionality. I feel like this is a good product for anyone that does novice to more advanced filming.