4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable option
I've not used this for an actual shoot yet (needed on Sunday though) but initial thoughts were this:

Published on November 17, 2011 by Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap with compromises
Published on August 9, 2012 by AJK

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable option, November 17, 2011
This review is from: CowboyStudio 40 x 60 Inches Oval 5 in 1 Collapsible Multi Photography Disc Studio Reflector, translucent/gold/silver/white/black (Electronics)

One. Bag should come with warning against personal injury. I pulled the reflector out of the bag without much thought and realized just how nice the spring is in the reflector. And by nice, I mean strong. The reflector opened with a fair amount of force, striking me in the nose. Hard enough to give a nose bleed. Lesson learned.

Two. The reflective elements seem to be of decent quality. At this point I do not understand the need to pay 3-10# as much as I did for this particular model for them more expensive options. Seems to be well made with decent seams and as mentioned above, a strong spring. The carrying bag is cheap though, I see it failing in the future.

Three. Closing the reflector is not easy. With the combination of its size and the strength of the spring, it makes for a difficult task. I spent a few minutes trying to figure it out, and lamented the need to look on youtube. Yes there are even instructions for this on Youtube. Within a matter of seconds I had the the reflector folded down. Just practice with this at home before you go into the field (or in front of customer) and look like a dummy.

Good value product for amateur or aspiring pro photographer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product if you can wait :), April 6, 2012
It took almost a month to finally get it, but I'm very impressed with the quality and size. I work at a camera store, and the same product would cost more than a hundred dollars at our cost. This is the same quality, and I'm so happy to have found it at such a great value. The only part they may have cut corners on is the fabric case it is stored in. The material is pretty thin, and seems like it could tear if not handled carefully. Not a huge deal. I'm just glad that they focused on making the reflector itself high quality. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!!!, February 18, 2013
LOVEEEEEEE!!!!! I can't say it enough, I love my cowboy studio reflector. Thank you so much for the wonderful product!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap with compromises, August 9, 2012
Mine arrived in a ridiculously huge oversize box. Took only a few weeks. Price was hard to beat, though it is now 3x more. Appeared good at first, then I noticed a few compromises. The zipper on the outer cover is cheap and takes time to open so not to misalign or skip. I have to tug the zipper back and forth about every 8 inches which is annoying when you have a person waiting for you. The cloth material itself looks good, although not as durable as professional brands. However, the worst part was finding it filled with black sand inside. I have since determined it is corrosion of the metal hoop inside. It clings all over the translucent cloth panel, lots of it falling everywhere like sand on a beach. Glad I didn't open it anywhere near my lenses. I vacuumed the entire surface, inside and outside, but two years later its still coming off. Imagine if you received a new product in this condition from a reputable manufacturer? Lastly, the white panel has staining from the hoop and rust along the edges. It's only around the perimeter so won't effect function, but again, what other company would sell a new product like this? For $10 more than I paid, I would buy another brand next time. At the current price, I would definitely buy a different brand. I want to have professional gear and the compromises with this item, despite favorable reviews, make this one unprofessional.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for small reflectors, May 2, 2014
these are work great for what they are - and mine have held up quite well. for the price, they can't really be beat.

if you want things that can clamp to c-stands, get the more expensive lasolite ones, because these require more to hold flat.

also, you probably won't find too many uses for reflectors this small in actual practice, but they occasionally come out of my bag and can be life-savers.

i'm giving them 4-stars because i reserve 5 for mind-blowing products. however, they are as advertised and a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice. BIG!!!!, February 12, 2014
Cowboy studio generally makes very nice products. Affordable, adequate build, and does what you expect. I would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Versatile and The Price is Right, February 12, 2013
Jonathan Ziegler "Voon" (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Got this for a single project, used it once, then it went into storage. I just used this for a photo project I'm working on right now. I forgot how HUGE this thing is - I used the black side for a photo backdrop, then used the diffuser for a video project, then I used the silver side as a bounce for another video project... nice when you have these kinds of tools. You can get better quality, but not by much. This is worth the funds. I just wish they had a green screen instead of the gold reflector. I say that and then I'll suddenly need the gold reflector... ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars REALLY BIG!, January 14, 2013
J. Cho (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Keep in mind the dimensions of this reflector!

It's so big that it's been difficult to hold, especially outdoors when there's a breeze.
Also it's very difficult to fold back up!

But in any case, the quality is outstanding and is extremely sturdy.
If you're looking for a huge reflector on a budget, this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious bargain and serious quality, January 6, 2013
These reflectors were a lifesaver in an outdoor wedding I shot in October. Great durability and quality. A must-have for the outdoor photographer. You won't find a better bargain for a large reflector than this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reflector, December 27, 2012
This is a great product. When you consider the price, it's even better. The material is made of good quality and although there is mixed reviews on the zipper for this reflector, i have yet to have any issues with this reflector with fairly heavy usage. I find this to be taken out of my bag on nearly every shoot that i do. This is a great reflector and i would definitely recommend this product to anyone in the market for a reflector or any photographer who enjoys taking outdoor or indoor for that matter photos. This is a must have

Rate and Discover Movies