Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 6, 2012
It took almost a month to finally get it, but I'm very impressed with the quality and size. I work at a camera store, and the same product would cost more than a hundred dollars at our cost. This is the same quality, and I'm so happy to have found it at such a great value. The only part they may have cut corners on is the fabric case it is stored in. The material is pretty thin, and seems like it could tear if not handled carefully. Not a huge deal. I'm just glad that they focused on making the reflector itself high quality. I love it!
on November 17, 2011
I've not used this for an actual shoot yet (needed on Sunday though) but initial thoughts were this:

One. Bag should come with warning against personal injury. I pulled the reflector out of the bag without much thought and realized just how nice the spring is in the reflector. And by nice, I mean strong. The reflector opened with a fair amount of force, striking me in the nose. Hard enough to give a nose bleed. Lesson learned.

Two. The reflective elements seem to be of decent quality. At this point I do not understand the need to pay 3-10# as much as I did for this particular model for them more expensive options. Seems to be well made with decent seams and as mentioned above, a strong spring. The carrying bag is cheap though, I see it failing in the future.

Three. Closing the reflector is not easy. With the combination of its size and the strength of the spring, it makes for a difficult task. I spent a few minutes trying to figure it out, and lamented the need to look on youtube. Yes there are even instructions for this on Youtube. Within a matter of seconds I had the the reflector folded down. Just practice with this at home before you go into the field (or in front of customer) and look like a dummy.

Good value product for amateur or aspiring pro photographer.
on August 9, 2012
Mine arrived in a ridiculously huge oversize box. Took only a few weeks. Price was hard to beat, though it is now 3x more. Appeared good at first, then I noticed a few compromises. The zipper on the outer cover is cheap and takes time to open so not to misalign or skip. I have to tug the zipper back and forth about every 8 inches which is annoying when you have a person waiting for you. The cloth material itself looks good, although not as durable as professional brands. However, the worst part was finding it filled with black sand inside. I have since determined it is corrosion of the metal hoop inside. It clings all over the translucent cloth panel, lots of it falling everywhere like sand on a beach. Glad I didn't open it anywhere near my lenses. I vacuumed the entire surface, inside and outside, but two years later its still coming off. Imagine if you received a new product in this condition from a reputable manufacturer? Lastly, the white panel has staining from the hoop and rust along the edges. It's only around the perimeter so won't effect function, but again, what other company would sell a new product like this? For $10 more than I paid, I would buy another brand next time. At the current price, I would definitely buy a different brand. I want to have professional gear and the compromises with this item, despite favorable reviews, make this one unprofessional.
on April 13, 2013
A couple years ago I bought a 43" round reflector from another vendor (purchased also through Amazon) and couldn't of been happier with it. There are just some things in your gear that you think you have to have and end up not using nearly as much, then something cheap and simple like a reflector you think sure why not let's try one, and amazed it turns out being something you can't live without.
I accidentally left my reflector on a family portrait session at the clients home 100 miles away, and until I could figure out a convenient time to go get it, it seemed like a perfect excuse to buy another one. I'd heard how a longer reflector is great for portrait, capturing a full body length of light, and I agree it does a better job than the round one for that purpose. I have used it several times already, build quality seems as good as others I've used.
If you don't know how these work, they come wrapped up in a strange way that they fit into a 24" round but flat bag. This is the greatest downside to using, having to figure out how to put it back in the bag. I highly recommend practicing several times, the other day it still got the better of me and I resolved to leave at the end of the shoot with it still open. That is the only reason for not giving this product 5 stars, as many others have mentioned, some kind of instruction to remind us how to fold it up would be really awesome yet none remain. My wife figures it out easier but wasn't on that shoot so I brought it home and she put it away for me, ha, but she swears it is a matter of folding it over hotdog bun style, and causing the ends to appear like Mickey Mouse ears, then pulling each of the ends circularly in toward the center so it collapses on itself. Sorry for silly description but it actually made sense when she explained it to me so I hope that helps someone else.
The outer sleeve around the translucent reflector has black on one side, silver on the other. The sleeve covering can be reversed to reveal gold and white. There are so many wonderful applications for this one device it is amazing. We've used it to shade a model from direct sunlight, use the white to bounce in subtle light source, used the silver to reflect in stronger light and the gold for the boldest strongest warm light source. We've set it opposite strobe light when dealing with a tight location and couldn't set up a 2 light system, bouncing light to the model from the key light. One of my favorite uses is indoor tight location shooting with no room for strobes, we have set up a speedlite sitting on a bookshelf or somewhere odd like that, then used the translucent to shoot light through creating a softbox affect able to light up a set with a family of four easily.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a smaller, round one first, very glad I have it still, but otherwise I highly recommend this purchase and think you will be very happy with it.
Shane Rhoades Photography
on February 12, 2013
Got this for a single project, used it once, then it went into storage. I just used this for a photo project I'm working on right now. I forgot how HUGE this thing is - I used the black side for a photo backdrop, then used the diffuser for a video project, then I used the silver side as a bounce for another video project... nice when you have these kinds of tools. You can get better quality, but not by much. This is worth the funds. I just wish they had a green screen instead of the gold reflector. I say that and then I'll suddenly need the gold reflector... ;)
on January 30, 2014
I am a freelance window dresser and I find it difficult to take photos of my work due to the reflections in the windows' glass. By holding the oval strategically, with the black side facing the glass, as I snap a picture of my work, I can finally get a decent photograph of the display without also showing all the traffic on the street and the store fronts on the opposite side of the street.

The reflector was a bit difficult to twist back into the shape needed to fit inside the provided pouch. I looked online at a YouTube video uploaded by Cowboy Studio to get an idea of the technique to employ. After looking at the video, I still had problems at first. Now, I've finally mastered it.

I'm quite pleased with the small size and light weight of the reflector. I can't speak to its durability, since I've only had it for a few months and used it only a handful of time. If it falls apart any time soon, I'll be sure to amend this review.
on January 6, 2013
These reflectors were a lifesaver in an outdoor wedding I shot in October. Great durability and quality. A must-have for the outdoor photographer. You won't find a better bargain for a large reflector than this set.
on June 15, 2015
This is a very high quality & affordable price for a 24" x 36" 5-In-1 photo reflector. It does the job & does it very well. I'm sure this reflector will last me for years. I recommend this product.
on May 2, 2014
these are work great for what they are - and mine have held up quite well. for the price, they can't really be beat.

if you want things that can clamp to c-stands, get the more expensive lasolite ones, because these require more to hold flat.

also, you probably won't find too many uses for reflectors this small in actual practice, but they occasionally come out of my bag and can be life-savers.

i'm giving them 4-stars because i reserve 5 for mind-blowing products. however, they are as advertised and a great deal.
on July 22, 2014
This is my first Amazon Warehouse deal, and I am very pleased. I was afraid that this size oval would be too small but it works great for outdoor portraits. It's easy to fold and store with other photo equipment because it really doesn't take up much space.