5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and functional float
Published on July 20, 2012 by Summer

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it is supposed to do
Published on December 4, 2010 by Justin

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and functional float, July 20, 2012
I purchased this for a Lumix waterproof camera. I am very happy with it. It provides plenty of flotation and the sunny yellow is easy to spot. It's also much less bulky than some of the floats my friends have for their cameras. I've free-dived 15+ feeet with the camera and strap dangling from my arm and it didn't interfere with my movements at all. A feature that I didn't expect (I guess I didn't read the description very carefully) is that the strap has a quick-release snap mechanism, so if you want to put your camera in your purse or pocket without the float, you don't have to undo the loop. Just squeeze the sides of the snap and it will release the strap. The tip of the snap will still be attached to your camera, but it's small (you can see it in the photo) and doesn't get in the way. However, the design is still very secure - I highly doubt it could pop apart on its own. It also dries pretty quickly so I don't have to mess with a soggy lump in the car. Good little product, especially for the price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it is supposed to do, December 4, 2010
I have an Olympus SW1030, although it is capable of withstanding depths of 33ft underwater I did not expect it to do so with this not so handy foam float camera strap! As soon as I attached my camera strap I tested it in the deep end of my pool. Although it seemed to slow its decent the strap DID NOT keep the camera from sinking to the bottom! Luckily I didn't try to test this while at the beach or fishing because I would have surely lost my camera. I only paid a dollar plus the shipping so I'm not enraged but do yourself a favor and continue you search elsewhere for something that will actually get the job done!

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, May 14, 2013
This review is from: CowboyStudio Blue Foam Floating Camera Wrist Strap for UnderWater/WaterProof Cameras - Blue (Electronics)
I threw the waterproof camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25) into a pool with the strap and it worked like a charm. I'm a happy customer, I hope it last for a while though, the materials are not the strongest, but for the price though is fair enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, August 18, 2011
let's say that with this product my camera survived a trip trip to Bahamas, scuba diving, swimming, kayaking, snorkeling. and my wrists are very tiny, although it felt like the strap was big for my wrist my camera never slipped.

2.0 out of 5 stars Weigh your camera before you buy a float!, August 16, 2013
I recently purchased this float and it isn't buoyant enough for my 140 gram camera, so I decided to test with various weights so you don't go through the same problem.

< 75 grams - Floats
75 - 90 Grey zone
> 100 grams - Sinks like a rock with zero flotation

While it technically does what it is designed to do, I'm don't think there are many cameras on the market that are under 75 grams, hence the low mark.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working for Olympus Stylus Tough 8010, March 9, 2014
I connected this camera strap to my Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 and let it go in the pool to confirm it would float. The experiment failed. Unfortunately, it seems the Olympus camera is too heavy for the strap. I does however increase the buoyancy so I would have a chance to catching it before it gets too deep, but I will definitely need to purchase another strap to ensure my camera actually floats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it all the time., March 6, 2014
Holding up much better than expected. I use this 2 to 3 times a week, and it has been about 9 months now. The only part that is not fully functioning is the spring in the little black button on the sliding thingy. It has rusted.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware when using in rough waters!, November 21, 2013
I used this strap for my Pentax WG-2 and it worked well.... That is, until a particularly rough wave came through. My husband was taking pictures of me surfing, when a big set came though (Gulf of Mexico, so "big" for the area, not Hawaiian sized by any means). The quick-release released while the barrel was rolling by, and so thanks to that, my nice brand new camera was lost in the less-than-clear water for good. So though this was way cheaper than any other floating straps, in the long run, because of it, I had to spend another 200$ on a new camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for any vacation near water!, September 24, 2013
I have a waterproof lumix camera and just love it. I've gone snorkeling with it while on vacation in Hawaii and always kept the strap tight on my wrist as I was petrified to lose it. I bought this to help ease my mind that I wouldn't lose my camera. It works great and was really comfortable! I have very tiny wrists yet the adjustable strap went small enough for them, my husband is 6'5 and has much bigger wrists and it also fit him perfectly. I love this strap and have recommended it to friends who also have waterproof cameras. Also great for pools if you don't want to keep the camera attached to you, it can just float freely for anyone to grab when someone wants to take a picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, September 15, 2013
I bought it for my Nikon COOLPIX S31 10.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 720p HD Video and its working fine..
I tested couple of times in Caribbean sea ,,its doing what it suppose to do,,its floating and pulling the camera to surface.

Rate and Discover Movies