Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 20, 2012
I purchased this for a Lumix waterproof camera. I am very happy with it. It provides plenty of flotation and the sunny yellow is easy to spot. It's also much less bulky than some of the floats my friends have for their cameras. I've free-dived 15+ feeet with the camera and strap dangling from my arm and it didn't interfere with my movements at all. A feature that I didn't expect (I guess I didn't read the description very carefully) is that the strap has a quick-release snap mechanism, so if you want to put your camera in your purse or pocket without the float, you don't have to undo the loop. Just squeeze the sides of the snap and it will release the strap. The tip of the snap will still be attached to your camera, but it's small (you can see it in the photo) and doesn't get in the way. However, the design is still very secure - I highly doubt it could pop apart on its own. It also dries pretty quickly so I don't have to mess with a soggy lump in the car. Good little product, especially for the price!
on August 16, 2013
I recently purchased this float and it isn't buoyant enough for my 140 gram camera, so I decided to test with various weights so you don't go through the same problem.

< 75 grams - Floats
75 - 90 Grey zone
> 100 grams - Sinks like a rock with zero flotation

While it technically does what it is designed to do, I'm don't think there are many cameras on the market that are under 75 grams, hence the low mark.
on May 14, 2013
I threw the waterproof camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25) into a pool with the strap and it worked like a charm. I'm a happy customer, I hope it last for a while though, the materials are not the strongest, but for the price though is fair enough.
on December 4, 2010
I have an Olympus SW1030, although it is capable of withstanding depths of 33ft underwater I did not expect it to do so with this not so handy foam float camera strap! As soon as I attached my camera strap I tested it in the deep end of my pool. Although it seemed to slow its decent the strap DID NOT keep the camera from sinking to the bottom! Luckily I didn't try to test this while at the beach or fishing because I would have surely lost my camera. I only paid a dollar plus the shipping so I'm not enraged but do yourself a favor and continue you search elsewhere for something that will actually get the job done!
on March 9, 2014
I connected this camera strap to my Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 and let it go in the pool to confirm it would float. The experiment failed. Unfortunately, it seems the Olympus camera is too heavy for the strap. I does however increase the buoyancy so I would have a chance to catching it before it gets too deep, but I will definitely need to purchase another strap to ensure my camera actually floats.
on September 24, 2013
I have a waterproof lumix camera and just love it. I've gone snorkeling with it while on vacation in Hawaii and always kept the strap tight on my wrist as I was petrified to lose it. I bought this to help ease my mind that I wouldn't lose my camera. It works great and was really comfortable! I have very tiny wrists yet the adjustable strap went small enough for them, my husband is 6'5 and has much bigger wrists and it also fit him perfectly. I love this strap and have recommended it to friends who also have waterproof cameras. Also great for pools if you don't want to keep the camera attached to you, it can just float freely for anyone to grab when someone wants to take a picture.
on August 18, 2011
let's say that with this product my camera survived a trip trip to Bahamas, scuba diving, swimming, kayaking, snorkeling. and my wrists are very tiny, although it felt like the strap was big for my wrist my camera never slipped.
on March 6, 2014
Holding up much better than expected. I use this 2 to 3 times a week, and it has been about 9 months now. The only part that is not fully functioning is the spring in the little black button on the sliding thingy. It has rusted.
on May 9, 2014
It arrived on time & was easy to open. I got a chance to use it this past week snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico. This Cowboy Yellow Foam Floater clips onto your waterproof camera easily (& clips off when you're on land), the wrist strap can be adjusted for tightness & fit, certainly the price is right...and most importantly, I tossed my camera into the water a few feet away, & the highly visible yellow float bobs along the surface with the camera just inches below. Perfect! If you have a smaller waterproof camera that is not too big & heavy...I highly recommend it.
I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 which we take out to the pool and snorkeling and so wanted something to keep it from sinking if I dropped it. My concern was would this keep it afloat, while still allowing me to swim underwater without it interfering or pulling upward. For this size camera (about the same as the cool pic cameras) this works well. It floats with no issues and light enough not to obstruct when underwater. The design allows you to loop it on your wrist so the camera can be 'free' when you are swimming. Others have said they had issues with the string, but mine was fine and about the same as other straps you may use. If I had to put in a 'con', it would be the width. But not a deal breaker. Bottom line a good floatation device for this size camera or other items at about the same weight (12-15oz)