4.0 out of 5 stars Good light-weight take/use anywhere background
Published on March 16, 2010 by Steven Bushong

3.0 out of 5 stars It has notable greenish/olive color cast, it's not gray !
Published on June 1, 2011 by Rocket Scientist

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light-weight take/use anywhere background, March 16, 2010
I ordered this for use on a company portrait shoot and was very happy with the value, and particularly, the weight of the product. Relatively inexpensive, this light-weight background seems relatively wrinkle resistant. Very easy to keep with me and to use. Attention, there is not a loop sewn into the top so you'll need clamps to attach to background stands -- gaffer's tape will also work. Will probably buy a few other colors to complement this.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice size, adds texture to your shot, March 12, 2010
This is a pretty good background once you iron it. The fabric holds a wrinkle well. I suggest rolling it up when you store it.

I only had one subject comment that it "looked weird" as a background, so I guess by law of averages you will have good luck with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Value, September 10, 2010
The shipping was fast. It arrived ahead of time. The background itself is a lighter fabric, and as another buyer said, you will need to use clamps to hold this in place. Overall, it's a good value for the price. Additionally, if you're looking for a larger product like the one in the photo, this is not for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain, August 2, 2011
This is a very nice product for the price. It is thinner than some of the heavy backgrounds and so you would not hang it with a window or other light source in the background - the light will bleed through. The advantage of it's lighter weight is that it is relatively compact. I very much like the pattern in the material and the image on the Amazon site doesn't do it justice. I did have a response to some of the other reviews. Backgrounds don't need to be ironed. The trick is to stuff them into a bag for storage without folding them. The wrinkles will be in a random pattern and actually become part of the pattern of the background. What you don't want are straight lines that come from folding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a portable portrait studio (also a great value if you're staying in one place), October 14, 2010
I bought this to be part of a portable portrait studio. My goal is to pack two light stands with clamps, two umbrellas, a backdrop and everything else besides my camera into a tripod bag. This muslin fits the bill perfectly. It has a nice pattern, is very light weight, and doesn't show wrinkles. It's light enough to hang either using a little bit of gaffer's tape or hung from a couple 3.75" Muslin Clamps, Bag of 6 attached (or two Boston Bulldog Clips, Steel, 0.875-Inch Capacity, 2.625 Inches Width, Nickel-Plated, 12 per Box (2003) if you don't want to get fancy) to 3M Command 17001-VP-6PK Medium Hooks Value Pack.

The goal is to be able to attache the backdrop to a wall at the client location and remove it without causing any damage. The muslin being so light make this relativly easy since you don't have to use much of anything to keep it on the wall.

3.0 out of 5 stars It has notable greenish/olive color cast, it's not gray !, June 1, 2011
As other reviewers say, this is relatively lightweight, handy backdrop. However, I've discovered a flaw, which was not noticed by other reviewers, or maybe just my unit is defective. The problem is, that color tint is not solid grey, it has some greenish/olive cast, so, if you'll decide to set white balance according to this background, you'll get wrong colors (This will happen when you use AWB mode), so, switch to manual mode and set white balance according to light source you're using.

A notice about wrinkles, my item arrived in a condition, like that Pair of elephants had their 1st night on it, so I have to iron it with medium temperatured iron slightly. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, good price., December 14, 2010
Spend more get more, in this case, but this is still a nice lightweight backdrop that gets the job done. Reacts a lot more than I thought it would to gels - if you want to do a color wash with flash it works quite well. Experimenting, I lit it from the back with a shoe-mount flash and a blur gel and got interesting results...worth a try.

One word of caution: I tied it loosely around my neck and jumped off the roof with it, spraining an ankle when I landed. It has ABSOLUTELY NO ability to transform you into a superhero. I wish I'd known that. I'd have put a mattress or something in the driveway. Maybe they need to relabel it and say "This product will not make you fly like Superman." My ankle really, really hurts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backdrop at a Sweet Price!, November 30, 2010
This backdrop is great for my smaller photoshoots, especially portraits and head shots. It's an awesome deal, and a very very nice backdrop. I was surprised at the quality for something so inexpensive. Amazon got it to me in the nick of time for a deadline! While it is not heavy weight, it's exactly the weight you'd expect for a muslin backdrop and great when all you need is a minimalist setup. Also great for product photography.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value background, September 27, 2011
This is a good quality background for portrait work. I'm giving it four stars because it is not grey, but has a slight greenish hue to it as others have noticed. I'm not too concerned with that as I'll white balance separately and likely adjust the background to a neutral grey hue in post. It's got a good mottled stain pattern that will work well as an out of focus portrait backdrop.

4.0 out of 5 stars So-So, September 15, 2011
Product arrived on time, but is darker than shown.
Also the size is more 5x8 than 9x6. Not a big deal,
but smaller size limits my options.