5.0 out of 5 stars CowboyStrudio Shoulder Camera Strap
Published 8 months ago by Gene E. Balch

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after short amount of use
This broke after less than four short low stress non-extreme (just walking!) outings. Just walking around with a small DSLR camera (Nikon D3200) and a medium lens. My son was wearing it and luckily caught the camera before it hit the ground. Looks like the stitching that attaches the strap to the pad gave way.

Before it broke - it was great.
Published 8 months ago by Brent_223_

5.0 out of 5 stars CowboyStrudio Shoulder Camera Strap, November 4, 2013
This review is from: CowboyStudio Quick Neck Shoulder Camera Sling Belt Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras (Electronics)
If you lug you heavy DSLR around all day with the neck strap you will probably have a sore neck, like me. I was skeptical about the Shoulder Sling strap, but decided to give it a try. In short, it is great. It attaches to your camera screw mount with a small plate and is adjustible to let the camera hang at about any desired placement. The sling slides on the strap to let you move the camera into eye level, or LCD view level to quickly take your photos. I already removed my neck strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for the money, December 30, 2013
Length:: 1:08 Mins

All I can say is this does the job good build quality
does not slide much off shoulder and its about
$60 cheaper than those other brands like Black Rapid

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after short amount of use, November 18, 2013

Before it broke - it was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strap! Makes shooting a breeze., September 5, 2013
This strap is so much better than the over the neck straps that come with dslr's. Shooting is a breeze, and the camera is not bouncing off of your body when you walk with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good quality, October 29, 2013
For the price, I wasn't expecting too much. But this thing is really well built, and it's just what I wanted for being able to pick up the camera and shoot quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly stitched, won't last more then a few weeks, March 29, 2014
I wish I can give this more stars as I liked using it but its so poorly made I can't recommend it.

Essentially, the manufacturer didn't bother to tie the ends of the threads in the stitches so product will unravel easily after use. Imagine using it for a few days, you see a loose thread, a few more days the thread gets longer and if you pull on it and the whole thing starts to unravel.

The first one I received was already coming apart out of the box, figured I got a defective one and exchanged it. The replacement was a bit better, but was still poorly stitched. I really needed it for a trip so I decided to take a needle and thread and reinforced the stitching myself in two areas of the strap that looked questionable. Left for a 3 week trip, used it daily for two weeks and noticed the stitching coming apart in another section of the strap that previously looked fine. Kept using it for another week as it unraveled more and more daily. By the end of the trip I was wondering how many more days before the strap comes apart and drops my DSLR to the ground!

It would be a good product if it weren't so poorly made. Fit my T4i just fine and was able to open the battery compartment with it on as well and it allows you to attach a tripod mount removing the strap mount. The shoulder pad does tend to ride up and move towards your back as you use it, a bit of a annoyance but it wasn't too big a deal

Bottom line: It works, but its so poorly made don't bother getting it unless you're can and are willing to restitched the thing yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Sling, August 10, 2013
I needed a sling just like this because most of my photo hobby is outdoors. This is much more pleasant to deal with and I received very quickly after I ordered it.

3.0 out of 5 stars + and -'s!, September 4, 2013
The mesh card holder was not stitched properly from the start.

The second problem is that I have a Sony camera. The "live screen" tilts, the way you connect the metal piece to the tripod screw makes the live screen almost stationary.

3.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for a response from CowboyStudio, March 3, 2014
I really really wanted this to work and I hope it still does. While I was revelling in how much lighter my heavy camera and heaviest lens felt on my body during a shoot the other day...bam!, my camera comes loose from the SCREWED on base attachment and hits the ground. Thank goodness I had my lens hood on because it absorbed the brunt of the force and is so much easier to replace (which I have had to do because it cracked) than the other components. Only a few minutes before the camera fell I had double checked it for security so all I can think is that the movement of my body somehow jostled the camera loose? Consequently, i'm scared to not have my hand on my camera at all times now which pretty much defeats the purpose of why I bought this sling. I emailed customer support on the CowboyStudio site yesterday but no word yet.
I head it through the grapevine that there is an alternative way to attach your camera to this particular strap, anyone know of it?
It will be a great product if I can ever feel safe using it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice design concept, I enjoy how easy i is to grab and take a shot!, November 10, 2013
Very cool strap design.
I like how it is quick to access and very confortable to wear when out and about.

Rate and Discover Movies