Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on November 4, 2013
If you lug you heavy DSLR around all day with the neck strap you will probably have a sore neck, like me. I was skeptical about the Shoulder Sling strap, but decided to give it a try. In short, it is great. It attaches to your camera screw mount with a small plate and is adjustible to let the camera hang at about any desired placement. The sling slides on the strap to let you move the camera into eye level, or LCD view level to quickly take your photos. I already removed my neck strap.
on November 18, 2013
This broke after less than four short low stress non-extreme (just walking!) outings. Just walking around with a small DSLR camera (Nikon D3200) and a medium lens. My son was wearing it and luckily caught the camera before it hit the ground. Looks like the stitching that attaches the strap to the pad gave way.

Before it broke - it was great.
on December 30, 2013
All I can say is this does the job good build quality
does not slide much off shoulder and its about
$60 cheaper than those other brands like Black Rapid
on March 29, 2014
I wish I can give this more stars as I liked using it but its so poorly made I can't recommend it.

Essentially, the manufacturer didn't bother to tie the ends of the threads in the stitches so product will unravel easily after use. Imagine using it for a few days, you see a loose thread, a few more days the thread gets longer and if you pull on it and the whole thing starts to unravel.

The first one I received was already coming apart out of the box, figured I got a defective one and exchanged it. The replacement was a bit better, but was still poorly stitched. I really needed it for a trip so I decided to take a needle and thread and reinforced the stitching myself in two areas of the strap that looked questionable. Left for a 3 week trip, used it daily for two weeks and noticed the stitching coming apart in another section of the strap that previously looked fine. Kept using it for another week as it unraveled more and more daily. By the end of the trip I was wondering how many more days before the strap comes apart and drops my DSLR to the ground!

It would be a good product if it weren't so poorly made. Fit my T4i just fine and was able to open the battery compartment with it on as well and it allows you to attach a tripod mount removing the strap mount. The shoulder pad does tend to ride up and move towards your back as you use it, a bit of a annoyance but it wasn't too big a deal

Bottom line: It works, but its so poorly made don't bother getting it unless you're can and are willing to restitched the thing yourself.
on September 5, 2013
This strap is so much better than the over the neck straps that come with dslr's. Shooting is a breeze, and the camera is not bouncing off of your body when you walk with it.
on September 4, 2013
The mesh card holder was not stitched properly from the start.

The second problem is that I have a Sony camera. The "live screen" tilts, the way you connect the metal piece to the tripod screw makes the live screen almost stationary.
on October 29, 2013
For the price, I wasn't expecting too much. But this thing is really well built, and it's just what I wanted for being able to pick up the camera and shoot quickly.
on August 10, 2013
I needed a sling just like this because most of my photo hobby is outdoors. This is much more pleasant to deal with and I received very quickly after I ordered it.
on March 3, 2014
I really really wanted this to work and I hope it still does. While I was revelling in how much lighter my heavy camera and heaviest lens felt on my body during a shoot the other day...bam!, my camera comes loose from the SCREWED on base attachment and hits the ground. Thank goodness I had my lens hood on because it absorbed the brunt of the force and is so much easier to replace (which I have had to do because it cracked) than the other components. Only a few minutes before the camera fell I had double checked it for security so all I can think is that the movement of my body somehow jostled the camera loose? Consequently, i'm scared to not have my hand on my camera at all times now which pretty much defeats the purpose of why I bought this sling. I emailed customer support on the CowboyStudio site yesterday but no word yet.
I head it through the grapevine that there is an alternative way to attach your camera to this particular strap, anyone know of it?
It will be a great product if I can ever feel safe using it again.
on February 16, 2016
I was a bit concerned before deciding to buy the product. I have read so many negative comments and complaint about broken latches, straps, carabina....
Maybe the company after reviewing all these complaints was able to solve issues because with the one that I got I haven't any problem.
Actually when carrying the camera it happened many times that I've been stopped by people asking me where they might be able to buy it.

Very useful and comfortable to use. This is a really nice and inexpensive way to carry your camera. Particularly, I enjoy using it because it keeps my hands free while the camera is always handy.
Also I get the weight off my neck! For me now, is much easier to carry my camera, especially when I'm using a 18-200mm lens.