5.0 out of 5 stars Portable, Practical & Perfect
After doing my usual exhaustive research i settled on the CowboyStudio Table Top Photo Studio Light Tent Kit.
It's got everything you need, lights, walls, backdrop, all in one convenient and very low profile carry case.
It folds up for easy storage, takes up very little space. The kit is light weight and even has a carry handle.
The most important factor...
Published on June 2, 2010 by L. Friedman

2.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Studio Smoking
The product came in a nice neat package, easy to carry with most the things you need in small picture box package. The lights and camera stand seemed well designed, but after doing a test setup, I found the built-in 3 legged light stand to be very flimsy and not able to support the lights very well, it was easy for them to fall over from the weight of only the electric...
Published on December 2, 2010 by Stephen M. Rowe

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars This was made wrong!, October 26, 2010
Suzanne Benson "Sue" (Anchorage, AK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CowboyStudio Table Top Photo Studio Light Tent Kit in a Box - 1 Tent, 2 Light Set, 1 Stand, 1 Case (Electronics)
I'm so sorry I didn't read all the reviews before buying this junk. No directions, so followed example of photo, but it is apparently sewn together wrong, making it impossible to set up right. The lights are way under-powered. The only thing nice about this get-up is the case. But who needs a case for a piece of worthless junk. I feel really ripped off!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Light Tent Kit, October 4, 2011
First the good: The self contained fold out light box is very well designed and nicely made. Its build like a soft attache case with pockets for lights and stand which unfolds into a three panel light tent. I suggest using the black case as bottom not top, as seen in photo.

Its a shame that this nice tent is sold with lights that at best are a decoration. They are clever and nicely made, but inadequate.
For those who understand photography settings, I set the ASA at 800 and still needed to use F2.8 and 30 of second. This is way to slow for miniature or most photography.

Buy the tent and get stronger lights lights. You can than lower the ASA to 100, close the f stop for more depth and use higher speed to prevent shake and be able to hand hold the camera to get the angles needed.

I did the math and you need about 800W of illumination to shoot at good settings. This is 8 times what the kit lights provide.Otherwise you will need to shoot at 1/2 second or so with 100ASA. Not good for me. Its a light box not night photography.:-))

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality and Arrived Broken, February 18, 2011
I was very excited to receive my light studio after reading such positive reviews. But when it arrived, I was very disappointed. Firstly, it arrived without any instructions. I am sure to some people it would be easy to figure out, but I had to twist it around in a hundred different ways before I finally figured out how to stand it (from a picture I found online). Then it kept sliding around on the table and falling over. Also, they say it's a "table top" studio, but you'd better put something underneath those lights, because the retratable "claw" stands on them scratched the heck out of my table. Finally, one of the lights arrived broken and I couldn't figure out how to change the bulb or even what kind of bulb it was because, again, it arrived with NO INSTRUCTONS. Finally, the Cowboy Studio box it arrived it was tattered. I'm thinking I got someone else's return sent to me. Anyway, I'm returning it for a refund. I will give Cowboy Studio one more chance, as they do get a lot of positive reviews here, but this time I'll upgrade to a more expensive model... let's hope it comes with instructions this time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Studio, December 28, 2010
I think this is an EXCELLENT product, way nicer than I even thought it would be and bigger. It's fantastic and I would surely recommend this to anyone who wants to get a portable studio.

They didn't include instructions, and I was a hair confused about how the lights stand up, but all you do is loosen the knob on the bottom and pull the little legs out and voila! : ) This is a wonderful product and WELL worth the money : )

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea - Not so great execution, June 27, 2012
Overall it's a decent product. I'll point out the pros & cons:

PROS
- Price is very reasonable.
- The tent itself is high quality and easy/quick to set up.

CONS
- Camera stand is flimsy and difficult to set. The ball joint likes to flop, even when the tension screw is fully engaged. I honestly felt like my D90 was going to fall over and finally just took handheld photos.
- The lights are cheap and fragile. They don't telescope at all. It is nigh impossible to change the bulbs because the housings don't allow for any kind of grip on the bulb. One of the lights fell over on carpet, and from just that minor impact it stopped working. I thought I was going to slice my fingers open trying to remove the bulb from its housing and finally gave up.

The price you pay is worth it just for the tent. That's why I give this 4 stars. But do yourself a favor and pick up a couple quality light housings and a small tripod for the camera. Kind of messes up the idea of having a quick grab-&-go case when the pieces that fit in the pockets are poorly designed rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Photo Studio, September 11, 2010
This is an amazing portable photo studio~! What a GREAT VALUE! Very easy to set up ... although it would have helped to have a little instruction and warning regarding the light set. Love the idea of the lighting set ... even though you need to take extra care in adjusting the lamps as the plastic heats up REALLY quick and the lamps are a little tough to adjust. But what do you expect for such a fair price?

Just love the variety of backgrounds and slick carrying case.

5 STARS! LOVE IT! PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY STUDIO!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Price...Cheap Quality!, November 18, 2011
When I buy things I normally know you can't get all 3 variables--Price, Quality and Service. This kit clearly shows why. Upon opening the box and unpacking the lights I noticed parts missing (they had fallen off). The kit is a good idea but this one is quite cheap, the tripod is useless and will not support a DSLR - I tried and no luck as it would not lock. The components were undersized and cheaply made. The fabric is good, not great but good -- the box is difficult to keep square with the small velcro tabs. The lamps over heat in minutes and take quite a long time to cool down. Your better off looking elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with DSLR, January 24, 2011
ZigAFug (Ithaca, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I'm enjoying using this product and give it a positive rating, but you should be aware that the camera holder won't support a DSLR. I have a Nikon D70 and can't angle it down much without having it continue to droop. I didn't expect much for the price but it would be nice if there were another kit having a beefed-up camera holder at a higher price without adding to the cost by upgrading any of the other components.

The lights are not very powerful but that's why you use the camera holder - to get a clear picture with a long exposure. It has worked fine for me since I borrowed a compact camera to use with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory Seller with Poor Product, January 16, 2011
Brian A. Vo (Orange, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Seller has a great price, quick processing, and speedy shipping.

Unfortunately, the product is of super-poor quality. The camera stand broke from bad welding. It's held together now with trash bag twisty-ties as a hinge. One of the two light bulbs burst immediately upon plugging it in. They are underpowered, so by using an underpowered 1 of 2 lamps, I believe it provides about 25-30% of what was advertised. (Light bulbs are about $15-20 for two. I'd rather let this last one burn out and use the $20 on better lights.) Additionally, all backdrops needed extensive steaming before being even minimally usable. I personally needed to wash, hang dry then iron them all, because I wasn't confident they could take a delicate tumble dry and steam iron without fraying or shrinking.

Luckily, the light box only needed to be sewed correctly and not torn up. It was. The case only needed to hold stuff and have the Velcro line up. It did.

I feel like I paid for a box and a carrying case. If you're ok with that, then buy on. Honestly, I'm ok with it. I've already put in the work fixing the camera stand and washing and ironing the backdrops. I have sufficient light, so that's not a problem for me taking photos. I've put all the work and frustration and broken parts and busted light bulbs all behind me. I've put it all behind me.

Really. really...

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., February 10, 2011
This was the first time I've ever used a light box/light tent. I have to agree that the lights that come with it get extremely hot. I had to use an oven mitt to adjust the lights. My order did not come with instructions either. However, it seemed pretty straight forward. Considering how much the kit was it works really well. Everything is still in one piece. Easy to put away as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

$47.99 $31.76
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.