Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

91%

VINE VOICEon December 21, 2011
What can I say, I'm a huge fan of BRENDA MINTON. Every book I've read by her has been amazing, and THE COWBOY'S HOLIDAY BLESSING was no exception. I've read about the men from the Cooper family in previous books and hoped there'd be more. When I heard the next book was about Jackson Cooper, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

When a teenage girl shows up on Madeline Patton's doorstep by mistake, Madeline's compelled to help her. Only problem is, that means coming face to face with the handsome Jackson Cooper.

Jackson Cooper isn't too happy when his mousey neighbor shows up on his doorstep with a teenage girl claiming to be his daughter. As agitated as he is, he can't resist the temptation to make the school teacher blush.

Jackson Cooper may have changed his rebel ways, but marriage and kids aren't in the plan. Even if he allowed himself to want those things, they weren't possible.

Madeline Patton only wants to teach and go home to her quiet place...alone. After all she doesn't need a man in her life, much less wants one.

Jackson, Madeline and thirteen-year-old Jade, discover God's amazing grace and a family they never imagined possible.

I loved the whole bad boy meets shy, mousey girl. Brenda Minton did a fantastic job with all the characters. Jackson was your classic good looking, ladies man, yet sweet and kind. Madeline is reserved, hiding under her baggy clothes and dark rim glasses, yet focused and knows what she wants.

Jackson's situation with his daughter was unique and well played out. I loved the transformation of Madeline, and her story. In THE COWBOY'S HOLIDAY BLESSING, the characters will stay with you a long time as you wait anxiously for the next Cooper Creek story.
on December 3, 2011
Starting a new series is a risky venture for authors. Starting one near the location of the old series even more so. Will the readers' loyalty and emotions transition to a new cast of characters? Will previous secondary characters truly become the heroes and heroines we longed for them to become? Can the old characters appear and not steal the show from the new? With the first volume of the Cooper Creek series, The Cowboy's Holiday Blessing, Brenda Minton has proven it possible as she introduces a new series promising to be full of humor, beloved characters, serious issues, and community.

Writing a complex tale of a survivor and a scalawag who become involved in caring for a thirteen year old runaway, Minton provides a plot full of emotion and drama, growing maturity of characters, and lessons in forgiveness. Jackson Cooper and Madeline Patton make a fine hero and heroine, struggling with their own past hurts and current challenges. Jade, the runaway, is one of this readers' favorite teen characters of the year. The backdrop of the Christmas season is richly drawn and an integral part of the story. What a start! Can't wait until the next in the series.
on May 23, 2016
Love Christmas stories and redemption. I want more in the series but shame on Amazon or the publisher for charging more for each book the further the reader goes into the story on a kindle! Unacceptable.
on November 1, 2013
"The Cowboy's Holiday Blessing" is the first Brenda Minton novel that I've read and it certainly did not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed the story line, and I thought it was quite good. I loved Jackson and Madeline's characters, especially Jackson's humor. I also liked how TCHB was a Christian romance novel that taught how to face and conquer your fears, to trust in the Lord to lead you in the right direction and that everything happens for a reason, to open up your heart and mind to love and family, and to help others in need. I thought the ending was fantastic and I love when novels have epilogues. The only problem I had with this book was the author's writing style. I felt that some things could have been a little more detailed and descriptive, but otherwise I loved it. It was a perfect holiday novel, or for any day of the year. I'm excited to read more of the Cooper Creek Series. "The Cowboy's Holiday Blessing" is book 1 in this series.
on May 17, 2014
Jackson Cooper was a bachelor who loved the rodeo. Madeline Patton was a school teacher with a past she wanted to forget. Jade Cooper came on the scene and shook things up for Jackson. He doubted what Jade told him but he wanted to do the right thing and checked out statements she made. Nice love story, renewed faith and happy ending.
on January 3, 2013
This book is one that really tugs on the heartstrings- perhaps more so for me than most because finding birth parents is a subject near and dear to me. I That said, I loved the characters of this book. I so want to live in Cooper Creek, nosy people and all.

My husband teased me about my "boo-hooing" while reading the story, but I couldn't help but get emotionally involved. Now I feel a need to go find the rest of the Cooper Creek books. If you're looking for a nice warm fuzzy romance, for me, this one fits the bill. A good, clean read one can finish and feel... uplifted.
on April 26, 2014
This book is also a part of the Cooper Creek series. I think when Brenda Minton started writing this series, I don't think she realized that it was going to become a series which is one reason why this and the first book don't have Cooper Creek on the cover. Good read.
on March 12, 2012
I choose this book only because I'm caught up with my usual author, whose books don't come out for another month. But I still was hesititant after reading the excerpt, and I did not want a series read. But after reading the reviews given about this book, I gave in and read this book. I can say and will say that I'm glad I did this is an easy read, very real and beautiful characters that make you reflect on life. I recommend this book. Though I wish there was more conversations, more information on some characters, I really liked this book.
on January 4, 2013
I really liked this book there was a little different twist to the story with the addition of a teenage daughter showing up out of the blue. If you are looking for a good book you don't want to put down you are going to love this one.
on May 25, 2014
Cooper Creek
Book 1

First of all, when I saw that there were 25 Five star reviews and that's all, I was a bit nervous. I was afraid I'd read the book and feel it deserved a lower rating, but...I'm happy to stay that this gem of a book deserved all five stars! It's one of those books that you really wish you could read in one setting, wondering first about the DNA test and then what happens to Jade? I really hated putting this book down, but life goes on!

The thought of a cowboy suddenly becoming a father when a girl announces she's his daughter is just wonderful! I loved watching this playboy of a cowboy turn into a tenderhearted, sweet father and boyfriend. The book was good from the first page to the very last page. It was also a pleasant surprise to revisit some of the characters from the wonderful Cowboy series that Brenda Minton wrote.

This was a wonderful story and one worth reading. It keeps you interested from the word "The" to the word "Hands."