5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story for preschool and elementary aged children!
My children (ages 3&4) loved this book! We rented it so much from the local library that it was well worth the money to buy it.
Published on May 14, 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
It was pointless. If a cowboy falls asleep without his clothes on animals will steal them. The End. Was embarrassed that I bought this for a gift for someone to show them what Texas was like.
Published 14 months ago by Tracy Elias

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story for preschool and elementary aged children!, May 14, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Why Cowboys Sleep With Their Boots On (Why Cowboys Series) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bedtime story!, June 11, 2005
My 4 year old son loves this book! He dreams of being a cowboy one day, and this book just makes him giggle! I woud recommend this to anyone who has kids that like cowboys or silly stories. I also read this at a Library pre-school reading hour and it was a big hit! 5 stars and then some!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and a good lesson, July 30, 2007
My three year old grandson and five year old granddaughter loved the story and the illustrations. We read the story three times in a row and they loved the anticipation of seeing which animal was creeping up next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute story!, October 30, 2008
Mom of 2 (Southern Illinois) - See all my reviews
I bought this for the summer reading program that I coordinated at my local library. We had a cowboy theme and this turned out to be a great choice to read out loud. It is a cute story and talks about everything a cowboy wears/has with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Cowboys Sleep with Their Boots On, February 25, 2008
Very funny and a cute way to put your little cowboy to sleep at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, March 22, 2009
This is the cutest little book ever. The drawings are awesome and it's very well written. Not too short, not too long. MY 3 year old loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Belly laughs!, March 22, 2014
A hit with my kindergartners. Great pictures! We all laughed and laughed. I love the rattlesnakes in the blue jeans!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, July 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My Boys favorite!, July 20, 2013
Evette Shuk (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This book was an all time favorite for both my boys until age 8. We had the opportunity to practice our "southern drawl" making it extremely fun and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, nice illustration, great all around, April 26, 2013
My 4 year old and I have really been enjoying this book! I recommend it if you are looking for a cowboy story to add to the collection. We haven't gotten the others in the series yet, but I'm sure I will soon.

Why Cowboys Sleep With Their Boots On (Why Cowboys Series)
Why Cowboys Sleep With Their Boots On (Why Cowboys Series) by Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton (Hardcover - December 31, 1994)
$16.99 $12.49