5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Equipment
Published on May 6, 2010 by Derek Bradford

3.0 out of 5 stars Misfired while not in use
For the money and a quick fix, this is the way to go. Only problem I have is they voluntarily misfire or fire while posing my subjects or just waiting for the next, they fire my strobes & it is very distracting.
I will soon replace them and use these as a backup system.
Published on February 11, 2012 by k/d/morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Equipment, May 6, 2010
This review is from: Cowboystudio 4-Channel Radio Remote Trigger with 2 Receivers for Studio Strobe (Electronics)
I'm an amateur photographer setting up my first studio. After serious research on wireless flash triggering, I decided to try out this $30 set before investing in pocket wizards. Now I know that pro's out there will cringe when I say this, but this off-brand set is amazing. I purchased a second receiver and I could not be happier. If all you're looking for is a way to trigger the flash without wires, these are perfect. Their range is insane! I fired the flashes from the other side of my house, through 4 walls (of course more than necessary). Now, keep in mind that you don't have any control over the flashes, besides setting them to fire as 1 or 2. But if you're setting all of your info manually in to your camera, that is all you need. This is the best $30 I've spent on equipment thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cowboystudio Four Channel Radio Remote Trigger, April 18, 2012
John_JT (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
I just purchased an Interfit EX300 flash kit from Amazon and knew I wanted to get a wireless device to trigger the flash heads. At this point I could not justify spending a couple of hundred bucks for one of the bigger name triggers. Maybe someday, but not today. I have seen other items from Cowboystudio and it seemed like they offer decent products at a very good price. This is a no frills trigger in no frills packaging. There is no instruction manual or even so much as a sheet of paper inside the package showing what you bought. There is just a plain white box with a plastic insert containing the transmitter and receivers. All you have to do is add two AAA batteries into each receiver, turn the receivers on, plug the cords into the back of your flashes, attach the transmitter to your camera and you are ready to go. The receivers come with a standard phono plug (just like you used to have on your old stereo headphones), but included are two adapters for a mini-plug. Make sure the switch settings match on all of the units and you should have no problems. This item is well worth the small cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless works well, had issue with sync cable input., March 29, 2010
Received this set rather quickly. Tested both the receivers and found that one of the receivers didn't work via Sync cable. Got an RMA and sent it back and Cowboy Studio simply sent me another one. The new one works well now. Thanks Cowboy Studio!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a Charm, March 31, 2011
Todd Jones (Studio City, CA) - See all my reviews
The remote and trigger worked flawlessly when I attach them to my strobes and Canon 5d markII. I tried a more expensive product and after the second shoot I couldn't get them to fire. When I'm in a photo shoot with the talent and clients paying hourly, having to stop and troubleshoot my wireless is NOT GOOD. I have used these remotes for over 10 shoots now and they have fired every time. I am usually only a couple feet away from my lights so I'm not sure how well it works from a large distance. All of my lights are 1/8in plugs so I'm glad they provided the adapters. I'm not sure what the more expensive products could offer. These recievers are great for indoor or outdoor shooting.

5.0 out of 5 stars cowboy yeeehaa!, January 29, 2011
Justa a short but sweet review of my purchase of the Cowboystudio 4 channel trigger, and I must say that for the incredible price you cannot beat the accuracy and usefulness of this units, it works as far as 40 feet(that was the set up for my lights), thanks for the product

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work consistently, December 31, 2013
It does not fire the strobe consistently. When I press the "test" button, it only fires the strobe on occasion. Based on the reviews, it seems like some people get triggers that work. Some people, like me, get triggers that don't work consistently. If you like to gamble, you can buy these and see if you get a good pack. But I'd advise you guys to avoid this and save yourself some trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, March 30, 2013
I am a long time PocketWizard user, and while those do indeed have more features, the Cowboy Studio triggers are remarkable value and do exactly what I want - reliably trigger my lights. I use these in my photo entertainment business and wanted something inexpensive, but reliable to free up my PocketWizards for other use.

The trigger is really low profile and sits neatly on top of the camera.

My only complaints with the receivers are that the primary connection type is 1/4", but they come with 3.5mm adapters. My lights are 3.5mm. Personally, I would prefer to see 3.5mm default with a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter. I ended up cutting off the 1/4" and soldering on my own 3.5mm ends to make a neater solution, but most people won't do this.

Also, it would be nice if the receivers came with velcro, or heavy duty double sided foam tape for mounting, but this is easy enough to add yourself.

Liked these so much, I ended up buying another set.

5.0 out of 5 stars ah, work incredible, July 23, 2012
i have bought like 3 different sets of wireless controls and finally this do work as advertised.
i can go all the way to the kitchen with walls in between and they do still fire everytime.
i even got another set for a backup camera that i use at the same time i shoot so i wont be switching the transmitter in between cameras.

Abolutely LOVE this transmitters!

10000% recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coyboystudio Remote Trigger, June 23, 2012
I am really pleased with this new addition to my arsenal. This certainly beats having a hotshoe and wires to both strobes. The price is terrific and they work fine!

3.0 out of 5 stars Misfired while not in use, February 11, 2012
I will soon replace them and use these as a backup system.

Rate and Discover Movies