5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!
Ordered product for portrait photography. Product is sturdy and just what I was looking for in an off the camera mount for my external flash unit and umbrella. Great price!
Published on January 17, 2012 by Photo lover 43

3.0 out of 5 stars Work horse with issues
A mount bracket is a pretty generic piece of equipment with at least several manufacturers. This one has a tightening screw that is a bit fragile. The screw broke pretty quickly when trying to tighten something down. Otherwise it fits and does its job.
Published 6 months ago by Jean Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, January 17, 2012
This review is from: CowboystudioUmbrella Mount Bracket with Swivel/Tilt Bracket for Nikon and Canon 430EX E580EX SB600 SB800 SB900 (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid metal bracket, excellent build quality, February 25, 2013
Solid metal bracket, excellent build quality. Most of what I was finding when I searched for this bracket where cheap plastic. This is around the same price as the plastic ones, but much better build quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mount and great value, January 28, 2014
I paid half as much as I paid for a speedlight mount that I bought at a local camera store, and feel like I got twice my monies worth. This mount is built very well, I am very happy with it. The umbrella shaft hole is angled, to help center the umbrella in front of the flash, and the swivel part of the head is built very strong, absolutely no chance of it slipping once the umbrella is mounted and the head is tightened. When I get more lights this is the only mount I will buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Work horse with issues, May 2, 2014
Jean Perkins (Branford, CT, US) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Hotshoe/flash mount isn't perfect., July 28, 2013
The hotshoe/flash attachement piece doesn't tighten up perfectly straight. It does snug up, but I can't get it to line up perfectly perpendicular to the umbrella. I end up turning the flash head to get it just right. Other than that, these are alright. I don't LOVE them, but they do the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap plastic swivel. There are better choices out there., January 12, 2011
To call this thing cheap is an understatement. Its uber-cheap.....but it does work. It probably won't last long before it breaks. But thats just my opinion and probably of little value to you.
So I will just say this....There are MUCH better swivels for the same amount (or close) of money out there. Off the top of my head, the Photoflex swivels (metal construction/ smooth swivel) at BH are $22. I am sure you can find similar ones on Amazon just look around. The extra $3-$5 is money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent bracket, January 11, 2011
We used to have some really terrible brackets purchased from a reputable dealer that were store branded. They fell apart in no time. This product seems to be slightly better in build-quality, and a tad bit easier to use. I also like the way that it locks the flash into the hot-shoe with a vice, as opposed to some other cold shoes that use a simple knob.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to keep it screwed on, April 30, 2013
The screw is fine if you really tighten it but with 3 devices on this thing it gets a little hard to keep screwed in.

4.0 out of 5 stars The same but better!, June 26, 2010
jared houske (Gainesville, FL) - See all my reviews
I bought this swivel flash bracket so I can use my Vivitar DF383 flashguns with my Photogenic studio light stands. The picture you see from Amazon.com does not do this handy device justice! Be sure to see my pictures! It's made of a high impact plastic, came with a double sided 3/8" to 1/4" mount, with a flash hotshoe mount for my flashes. The angle adjustment handle is spring-loaded so you can turn it independently if you need to change the grip's direction or use it to hang things on it (ie: Cowboy Studio NPT-04 wireless triggers, bungies, extra powerpack, etc). It has a racheting swivel for smooth angle changes and the umbrella mount is great with a solid metal set screw. Great buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not grip the flash., January 27, 2011
The surface of the shoe is completely smooth. It won't really grip the flash unless you tighten it till your fingers hurt. The flash will look like its secure with just a little bit of tightening but if you push on the base with your thumbs, like you might by accident while raising a lightstand from behind, the flash will move easily. Compared to my other cold shoes, which have a rough surface and hold the flash tightly with just a tiny bit of tightening, this is pretty bad.

Also, the hole for the umbrella is parallel to the shoe and not slanted, so your flash will never point to the middle of your umbrella.