4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and durable bag
Published on February 19, 2011 by Phantom

3.0 out of 5 stars Construction quality lacking
This should have been a nice bag. It is big and the material is sturdy. Unfortunately the quality control on the construction was not that great. There are two straps that should have been sewn on all the way around the sides and bottom. Only one was sewn completely but the other was stitched on one side only. Where the handle meets the bag there should be stitched X...
Published 26 days ago by Geoff Weyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and durable bag, February 19, 2011
Got this bag for military use to supplement the A3 bags we are issued so I can have a simple bag with my personal gear. Great canvas bag that feels sturdy enough to take a lot of abuse. It's about 2/3 the size of an A3 bag and to me feels slightly more durable with thicker fabric so I am pleased with it. A3 bags have a waterproof coating on the inside but this does not so I will spray it with some scotch guard just in case it is left sitting outside on a pallet. FYI... It has small D rings at the ends of the zipper that look like they are for a shoulder strap but no strap included. I don't plan on using a shoulder strap as I like using the 2 handles as shoulder straps and wearing it like a backpack to haul it long distances if I have it loaded up with heavy gear. The handles on this bag seem well suited to do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for., September 18, 2010
I returned from a trip where the rollers and handle of my large travel suitcase were of little use. After all, not all the world is a smooth sidewalk. After unpacking I realized that the suitcase must weigh 15-20 lbs when it's empty and its bulk made it a problem to store. I remembered my Army duffel bag which was lightweight, could be tossed around without damage, held a lot of stuff, and when empty collapsed taking up no more space than a folded pair of jeans. This item does all of that. I have used it on a recent trip and even packed some breakable souvenirs in it and everything survived.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tough bag, only regret is i purchased a medium size, January 6, 2009
We purchased three parachute cargo bags for an international trip. It held all our items well. The zippers seem to hold well under pressure. Only draw back is that it did not come with shoulder straps and we could not lock the bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Value, September 24, 2012
George Oboza (San Diego, California, USA) - See all my reviews
Whenever I ride my motorcycle, I wear and bring gear that not even my largest backpack can hold. But after reaching my destination, I don't want my belongings dangling all over my arms, nor do I want to wear them anymore. So instead, I remove from my backpack this folded parachute cargo duffle bag and expand it to its enormity. It swallows everything, including my backpack. In fact, even another rider's possessions can still fit into it.

As it turns out, the bag's humongous carrying capacity of 4,680 cubic inches (77 liters) is too large for my normal rides. For those, I eventually bought the mini version of this bag: the 2,508-cubic-inch (41 liters) Rothco Tactical Cargo Bag. At only 54% the size of its bigger brother, that smaller bag is more appropriate. However, I still like this big one in many ways.

Because although it's large, it has short, snub-nosed ends that don't interfere with my striding legs like long duffel bags. That boxy shape also makes the filled bag stand easily. By contrast, the typical duffel bag would sit like a floppy mess and take up a larger floor space.

Durability-wise, the Rothco bag's thick canvas is rugged. Plus, the handles wrap completely around the bag for heavy load-bearing duties. Then should I need both hands free, the large looping handles can be worn through both shoulders. So, yes, this can be a versatile backpack in a pinch.

And because of its enormous size, I use it now to relieve me of unnecessary work. Compactly folded to the size of folded jeans, the bag unobtrusively stows in the trunk of my car. The herculean bag then unfurls to haul my groceries and stuff from the car to the house. My one trip sure beats going back and forth between the two.

However, my one complaint is the canvas handles. Being 1.75 inches wide, they're void of comfort features -- like a neoprene wrap or some kind of curved hand grip -- that would make heaving a full and heavy load more tolerable. As they are now, the fibrous handles crumple into your hand like a small rope, resulting in them digging into your flesh.

Overall, though, the usefulness of this Rothco bag is remarkable for its massive size, rugged strength, and easy portability - all for only $21. You'd be hard-pressed to find that kind of exceptional value nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate inexpensive carry-all, March 20, 2011
Just like the ones I used as a paratrooper many years ago. Built like a tank and will hold all of your stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome bag, awesome price, November 15, 2010
If you need a tough and cheap bag, this is it. I still don't understand why it's so cheap. Really nice, you won't regret.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, October 10, 2010
I purchased a black one of these to carry my camping equipment.
I expect to get many years of use out of this item.
No issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tough Bag, April 29, 2011
This bag held a sleeping bag, air matress, and clothes for 10 for a trip to Nicaragua. Held up great. Easy to throw in the washing machine/dryer for clean up.

4.0 out of 5 stars great durable bag, July 14, 2012
A. Kalmar (Maitland, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rothco Parachute Cargo Duffle Bag (Apparel)
ive been to the militery. This bag will last 1ooo years. great bag. can hold lots of cloths and very heavy items. simple, rough and durable

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge and Sturdy, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Rothco Parachute Cargo Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I purchased the bag to use on the back of a motorcycle. It was to big for my bike but I don't regret the purchase. Good quality bag, zipper is fine, handle strong. I load it with camping gear and it does great.

Coyote Tan Military Parachute Cargo Bag