Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cozy Classics: War and Peace
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 1, 2014
My 15 month-old daughter LOVES these books. We have five of them, and she makes me read them about 20 times a day. To the point where I had to put them up for one day because I was so tired of reading them, LOL. She particularly likes War and Peace... when we get to the "hug" and "love" pages, she hugs herself. In The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, she turns her face up for a kiss on the "kiss" page, and tries to say the word "gold" when we get to the last page. In Emma, she always claps at the "happy" page (probably due to the song "If You're Happy and You Know It".) These are the only books we have that she "reacts" to. They make great 1st birthday gifts, especially when the parents are literature fans.
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2013
I bought this book for a special little one on the way, but it is going to be hard to part with. The illustrations are simply beautiful - needle-felted figures, expertly done, that perfectly illustrate the one-word captions.

I had joked with my spouse, since we were asked to bring a storybook for baby's library to the shower, that I was going to get him War and Peace. I was astonished, delighted and thrilled to find this book. It's a durable board book. Hopefully he will love it as much as his Great-Aunt Rushmore does and will keep it for a long time.
on July 7, 2013
These books are marketed with the line "Give a kid a classic!" I adore literature, and when I got pregnant, I started a new book list in my brain: Books to Introduce to My Son One Day. I aspire to raise a reader, and these books are a wonderful way to get started on that goal.

The illustrations are stunning: needle-felted and wonderfully expressive. I wish they would mass-produce these little vignettes so I could buy them and put them on display in my home library. They're that good. My 11-month-old son loved them, too: he leaned forward, reaching for the characters and interested by the lifelike expressions on their faces.

For honesty's sake: will my son remember (or, really, even understand) the plotline to War and Peace just because I read him this book? Of course not. But it can't hurt to plant the literary seed now. And also, it keeps me engaged. I loved looking for elements of Leo Tolstoy's story in the pages of this book, and they sated my appetite (for now, at least) for sharing a literary classic with my son.
on May 27, 2013
Cozy Classics: War and Peace by Jack Wang & Holman Wang is a beautiful children's board book that tells a classic tale in a very simplified way.
I think it would be best if the parent is aware of the general story line of the actual classic novel. This way, if the child has any questions or just wants to know more, then the parent can answer them.
I have never read War and Peace but understood enough to still get the gist of the story from this board book.
The thing that drew me in the most was the BEAUTIFUL felt creations. The imagery is amazing. I enjoyed reading this book with my daughter. She is learning sight words and could participate in reading this book. I would definitely read more of this series with her.
on January 28, 2015
Bought for my 1.5 year old nephew, he loves the book so much that he can recite it by heart (each page has one word). The illustrations are adorable. A bit pricey though, which stops me from buying other books in the series.
on September 10, 2013
My son got this for his first birthday and the whole family loves it. My husband and I love the felted figures, the care taken in creating them, and the composition of the photographs. Each page only has a one-word description, but because of the detailed settings, you know exactly what's going on. I have never read the adult version of this, but I feel like I have the basic concept of the story now. Because I think this is such a unique idea, I bought copies for 2 friends as well.
on December 30, 2013
My 16-month-old daughter just loves, loves, loves this. She also loves their *Pride and Prejudice*, but seems to have developed a strong preference for this one -- as in, last night we had to read it five times in a row. There really is something about the words and felt dolls that small children just love; I was initially skeptical, but am totally sold and will be getting the rest of them as well.
on August 26, 2013
My 14 month-old girls adore this book and carry it around with them like a "lovey." The pictures intrigue them --they seem fascinated by the soft, felted figures, and the single words on each page are perfect for vocabulary development. There are social words, like "hug" and "goodbye," animal words like "horse," and silly sounds like "boom" that make this a fun read. And of course, there's the ultimate cute factor of this book being modeled after War and Peace. I cannot wait to check out the other Cozy Classics books.
on October 7, 2013
I am glad to see the authors used adjectives, one on each page accompanied with beautiful full page pictures. Lovely to have a baby book offered that's different than the board books with just Nouns and primary colored clip art.
on March 2, 2016
This is literally (pun intended) our daughter's favorite book. She's been enthralled with it since she was 11 months old. Now, at almost 18 months, she loves to act out the pages. She hugs us when we read the "hug" page and dramatically falls to the ground on the "boom" page. It's also fun for her father and I because the simplicity builds her understanding yet allows us to elaborate and creatively tell the story. I bought these (we own Les Mis as well) as a gag gift for my husband before we even had children, but they have turned out to be our favorites to read. Our daughter LOVES them. I'm sure that your child will as well.