5.0 out of 5 stars I just might end up keeping this book
I bought this book for a special little one on the way, but it is going to be hard to part with. The illustrations are simply beautiful - needle-felted figures, expertly done, that perfectly illustrate the one-word captions.

Published 18 months ago by Rushmore

3.0 out of 5 stars Review: Cozy Classics: War and Peace
Cozy Classics: War and Peace by Jack Wang & Holman Wang is a beautiful children's board book that tells a classic tale in a very simplified way.
I think it would be best if the parent is aware of the general story line of the actual classic novel. This way, if the child has any questions or just wants to know more, then the parent can answer them.
I have never...
Published 20 months ago by Lisa Hines

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I just might end up keeping this book, August 6, 2013
Rushmore (CHICAGO, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)

I had joked with my spouse, since we were asked to bring a storybook for baby's library to the shower, that I was going to get him War and Peace. I was astonished, delighted and thrilled to find this book. It's a durable board book. Hopefully he will love it as much as his Great-Aunt Rushmore does and will keep it for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
My son got this for his first birthday and the whole family loves it. My husband and I love the felted figures, the care taken in creating them, and the composition of the photographs. Each page only has a one-word description, but because of the detailed settings, you know exactly what's going on. I have never read the adult version of this, but I feel like I have the basic concept of the story now. Because I think this is such a unique idea, I bought copies for 2 friends as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and fun, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
These books are marketed with the line "Give a kid a classic!" I adore literature, and when I got pregnant, I started a new book list in my brain: Books to Introduce to My Son One Day. I aspire to raise a reader, and these books are a wonderful way to get started on that goal.

The illustrations are stunning: needle-felted and wonderfully expressive. I wish they would mass-produce these little vignettes so I could buy them and put them on display in my home library. They're that good. My 11-month-old son loved them, too: he leaned forward, reaching for the characters and interested by the lifelike expressions on their faces.

For honesty's sake: will my son remember (or, really, even understand) the plotline to War and Peace just because I read him this book? Of course not. But it can't hurt to plant the literary seed now. And also, it keeps me engaged. I loved looking for elements of Leo Tolstoy's story in the pages of this book, and they sated my appetite (for now, at least) for sharing a literary classic with my son.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review: Cozy Classics: War and Peace, May 27, 2013
Lisa Hines (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
I have never read War and Peace but understood enough to still get the gist of the story from this board book.
The thing that drew me in the most was the BEAUTIFUL felt creations. The imagery is amazing. I enjoyed reading this book with my daughter. She is learning sight words and could participate in reading this book. I would definitely read more of this series with her.

5.0 out of 5 stars she always claps at the "happy" page (probably due to the song "If You're Happy and You Know It", November 1, 2014
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
My 15 month-old daughter LOVES these books. We have five of them, and she makes me read them about 20 times a day. To the point where I had to put them up for one day because I was so tired of reading them, LOL. She particularly likes War and Peace... when we get to the "hug" and "love" pages, she hugs herself. In The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, she turns her face up for a kiss on the "kiss" page, and tries to say the word "gold" when we get to the last page. In Emma, she always claps at the "happy" page (probably due to the song "If You're Happy and You Know It".) These are the only books we have that she "reacts" to. They make great 1st birthday gifts, especially when the parents are literature fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange Book, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
I thought the concept was interesting...an adult book with no words for children....my grandchildren.
A bit hard to share especially since I didn't read War and Peace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for babies., March 22, 2014
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
It is really fun to read a classic in 10 -15 words. Also, the words are every day words so a great way of introducing vocabulary to babies. I haven't read the real book, but from what I know of the story, this version follows it very well. I love that fact that a baby can also read a classic, at least be introduced to it. This is a great idea. The pictures are great, and it is amazing the details they put into the scenes and the felt dolls. I love these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to kids' collection!, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
This book is adorable! It's a very simple toddler book (one or two word descriptions and a picture for each page). It's perfect for my 2.5 yr old who is learning about books and sight words, and it's fun to have in our collection. I'll be ordering more from the Cozy Classics for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars War and Peace rocks!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
My 16-month-old daughter just loves, loves, loves this. She also loves their *Pride and Prejudice*, but seems to have developed a strong preference for this one -- as in, last night we had to read it five times in a row. There really is something about the words and felt dolls that small children just love; I was initially skeptical, but am totally sold and will be getting the rest of them as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book that my daughter loves, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: War and Peace (Board book)
This book is so cool I would buy it myself even if we didn't have an infant daughter. But we do, and our 9-month-old loves reading this over and over. Having read War & Peace myself, I can't believe how accurate a synopsis this is - and that's not even the real point. Needless to say, I plan to get the rest in the series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cozy Classics: War and Peace
Cozy Classics: War and Peace by Holman Wang (Board book - May 30, 2013)
$9.95 $7.51