Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:55 Mins
My son loves this book. He has a lot of fun looking at the pictures, to him they're like toys or stuffed animals that have come to life, and I'm always entertained at how they summed the entire book up in just a dozen words.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture Book
I was disappointed when I received this book and it was only pictures - not sure if I didn't read the entire product description - but I was disappointed.
Published 3 months ago by C. Tenore

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a truth universally acknowledged that a child in possession of a brain must be in want of more books., November 28, 2013
Length:: 0:55 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Cozy Classics: Instant Hit!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
It's not often we find ourselves truly examining or appreciating the board books that we read our young children and babies. Usually they are either purely educational or entertainment with bright colorful pictures usually focusing on first words, colors or some zany story. In this sense Cozy Classics is a breath of fresh air and an idea that executes flawlessly.

Taking the classics, such as the first two available books Pride and Prejudice and Moby Dick, in twelve simple words the authors boil down the essence of the story and distill it in an easy to understand format geared toward the little ones. Bringing classic literature to infants would be great by itself, but the fantastic visual accompaniment is what gives the books a distinctive look and feel.

On each page you'll find illustrations of a needle-felted variety. Various dolls and set pieces are lovingly lighted and pictured depicting various scenes from the classic. The scenes themselves are usually set up well and clear from just looking at them what is going on. Even the overall quality of the book itself is outstanding, every page is heavy and completely baby slobber repellant.

In another nice move the book itself is fashioned after an actual novel. Most book boards tend to be small and square or long and rectangular while with Cozy Classics the spine and everything about the book mimics an actual novel. Intentional or not I found it to be a fantastic touch to an already world class experience.

I have two children, a 6 year old boy and a 4 and a half month baby girl. Pride and Prejudice was the book I received by mail and my daughter was instantly entranced by the well done pictures of the dolls. In fact, still building depth perception, she continually tried to take the dolls out of the pages; the quality is that good. To maintain her attention is impressive enough and the lovingly stitched pictures did just that.

My older son, still working on reading in school, was thrilled to be able to read the entirety of the book to his little sister. Not only that, but the pictures and gist of the story had left him intrigued to learn more about the book himself and led to me giving him a more beefy outline of the story until he can read it on his own.

Cozy Classics sets out to bring classics to our children and raise both the narrative and physical quality of board books. I can say without hesitation that they have succeeded splendidly. With Christmas coming up I can think of few better gifts for someone's new bundle of joy or tenacious toddler than the gift of classic literature in such a lovable little package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
This is a beautiful adaptation of one of my very favorite books. They somehow manage to convey the narrative arc of the story in only 12 words, the felt figures are fantastic representations of each character, and the photographs are really gorgeous. This is my new go-to baby gift (I've already bought it for two babies!). Wonderful baby book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, Lovely!, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
I loved this book before I even opened it. The idea - making a board book out of Jane Austen's most treasured novel - is just too delicious for words. And the cover! Look at dear Elizabeth Bennet protecting her bonnet from the wind and tugging at her muddy skirts. Priceless.

Brothers Jack and Holman Wang condensed "Pride and Prejudice" down to twelve toddler-friendly words. Then they created and photographed sculptured dolls to illustrate the simplified story. The Wang brothers make the dolls by needle felting: using a barbed needle to tangle and compact wool fibers, forming three-dimensional felt sculptures. They are remarkably lively and absolutely beautiful.

The first spread displays the word "friends" and we see Mr. Bingley smiling, his hand on the shoulder of Mr. Darcy. They are standing in front of the first page of the novel where we can just make out that oh-so famous opening line, "It is a truth universally acknowledged..." Delightful!

I give this four stars only because I think that it has a niche audience - if you don't know P&P, you'll still like the book, but you won't be able to fully appreciate it. Perhaps it will inspire you to read the original! If you already enjoy Jane Austen, "Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice" is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars I nearly wish I had a baby so I could buy these books..., January 16, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
Well, O.K. that's a huge exaggeration. I've had teens and that pretty much cured any baby yearnings I may have had in the past... ;-) But still...these books are so deliciously CUTE! They combine adorableness (perfect for babies & toddlers) with the classics (perfect for literature loving moms & dads).

I always worked hard to nurture the love of literature in my children from an early age. I wish this brilliant idea of a baby board book was around when they were in arms. What a perfect way to introduce babies to time-honored stories and characters! Babies won't have any idea of what is going on, but after cutting their teeth on these board books (perhaps literally, lol) they'll at least have a foundation of being introduced to some of the greatest stories of all time. How many of us can say we loved Pride and Prejudice before we could read a word? :-) Thanks to Cozy Classics, that can be a reality for your nerdy baby (and I say that as a compliment).

Each book features felted figures (cozy!) in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings. The pictures look almost 3-D and remind me of some of the story books I used to have (and adore) as a child.

Each page features one word on the left side of the 2 page spread and felted character or objects on the 2nd that illustrate a part of the classic story. I find the illustrations (photographs actually) to be really original and endearing.

If I had a baby, I would get these books. Even without one, as a collector of children's books, I'm highly tempted... They are lovely! Who said babies can't be homeschooled? Start their love of literature with these sweet introductions to the classics!

I was given free e book versions of these adorable board books in exchange for my honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and Well-done, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
As a Jane Austen fanatic, it was a delight to receive this as a gift. The words are well-chosen and really do convey the gist of the story for my little girls. My only quibble is that when Jane is sick, Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley are shown peering over her in bed! I get that they wanted to show she was sick at Netherfield, but this is an anachronism reminiscent of the 2005 film. Regency gentlemen would never enter a unmarried lady's bedroom! Other than that, I loved the concept and execution. I'm looking forward to collecting all the board books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and Ageless!, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
Okay, so no baby I know will understand the actual story of P & P, but he/she will appreciate the colorful and beautifully crafted felt characters! The simple one-word vocabulary is completely age-appropriate. I would like the whole series for the love of literature and their artistic content. I think some people analyze these too severely and miss the simple joy they will bring to young and old alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
While each "page" only has a single word, this was an entertaining read even for someone well beyond the reading level of this book. The art is amazing, and it's wonderful that classics are being adapted for such a young age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
Made the perfect baby shower gift! A lovely take on a timeless classic. Much more sophisticated that a goofy cartoon or cheap plastic toy. The book's 12 words really do tell the Pride and Prejudice story - in a humorously charming way :) I'll have to purchase another for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Cozy Classis!, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice (Board book)
Wonderful! My 21 month old is learning to read with Cozy Classics! He loves them and is so proud of his own reading! He recognizes the words in this book, in the rest of his environment. Great for building sight word reading skills. I find the books adorable and so much fun to read too!

Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice
Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice by Holman Wang (Board book - November 15, 2012)
$9.95 $8.42