Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Size: 12 CountChange
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 25, 2013
I love these pencils!! I recommend making a color chart of these. The color names will sort of confuse you into thinking its a different lay down of color. For example I presumed candy apple red to be a relatively light color, however, the lay down of color is very dark.

-Such wonderful vibrant colors, and an excellent variety of them.
-Very soft and even lay down of colors.
-Work very well with other colored pencil brands such as; prismacolor, pentel, faber castell, pablo and crayola. Blends exceptionally well with other soft core pencils I listed.
-These can be used by themselves as a standalone set(because there are 72 of them) or to supplement an even larger collection of colored pencils.
-Works very well with paper from everyday sketchbooks to illustration board such as cardstock
-Long handled, as well as long lasting.
-I love the pastel/skin tone variations
-No random breaking or lead loosening with sharpeners

CONS: Can't think of any

I wished someone listed or took a picture of the colors, so I'll just make a list here(and maybe take a picture as well;

Pink orchid
Blue jeanz
Lemon 'n' Lime
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
This is my third box of Crazart Colored Pencils (72 Count). The first two boxes (bought about a year ago) were wonderful...full, rich colors, great variety, and a smooth application to paper. The latest box which just arrived is unbelievable. First of all, most of the colors do not correspond to the old colors. In fact, two of the same color accidently made it into the current box and, though they were both labeled "holly", the colors were not even similar (one was a muted dark olive green, the other a pale green-blue). The greens are all too light or blueish, the pinks are too pale, the blues are just odd. But most importantly, the lay-down of color is poor, poor, poor! No amount of pressure gives a good color; all look like they have been washed-out and are spotty and uneven. I can only assume that the dye used was old or not enough dye was put into the pencil. Very difficult to use on any kind of paper and only a few colors are worth considering. Has anyone else run into this problem with recently purchased pencils from Crazart? These pencils used to be my go-to brand for the beautiful, vibrant colors and the rich and easy application of color I used to get. I would like to purchase another box on the chance that my current box was from a bad run, but I need to be reassured.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Cra-Z-Art has given us a treat here: six dozen colored pencils for less than the cost of the competition's 48 or 50. While not a somber palette (there are not quite enough browns and far too few greys), the cheerfulness and exuberance of the colors is irresistible (even if there are several greens that look much like each other). The color cores ("leads") stand up to hard use and the pencils come pre-sharpened. Careful maintenance includes future sharpening with hand-held instruments only, because any electric sharpener will chew these softer colored pencils unmercifully and the crank-type school models are practically torture chambers.

For the kid or the kid-at-heart, it's hard to find reasons not to like this generous selection of quality colored pencils. Cra-Z-Art is an American company founded several years ago by one of the Rosen Bros. of Rose Art, but the colored pencils were manufactured in Indonesia.

I'm quite serious: never use an electric sharpener on these pencils.
on December 5, 2011
I bought these locally last week after reading the great reviews online. I would have had to press very hard for any color to show, and I returned them with great dissatisfaction. The colors were so pale on paper as to be barely visible with normal pressure, and I tried different papers.
on December 29, 2011
My 8 year old son asked for nice colored pencils for Christmas, and since we use them daily for schoolwork, I brought out my dearly loved, expensive and no longer manufactured Spectracolor artist pencils. He tried them out and loved them, so I bought a set of Derwent Coloursoft (Artist) Pencils which are supposedly closest to my old set. His aunt bought him these Craz Art pencils too, and on a whim I decided to try all our pencils out and compare them using the basic red tone. My favorites (in order) were: My original Spectracolor, Prismacolor, CraZ Art, Coloursoft and then the Crayola. This is saying something given the Spectracolor and Prismacolor pencils run about $1.50-$2 each, and the Coloursoft is in the same range.

These Craz Art pencils have a great feel to them when coloring- they are very velvety and provide nice even coverage. True, some of the pigments are not as bold as the more expensive pencils, but most of the basic and darker colors are very bold. They seem to sharpen well and there is certainly no shortage of colors to choose from. I see them as a definite improvement over Crayola, and we are even selling the more expensive artist grade pencils until I can upgrade to Prismacolor Premier. These will be a good stand in until then.

For the price (less than 6 bucks at your local big box store) and the number of pencils you get, this is a great deal!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I wouldn't call myself a professional artist but I do have many years of Artistic talents, skills, etc under my belt. I've always wished I could afford the pro art supplies like Prismacolor but they just were outta my price range. I generally used Crayola's 50 color Coloring Pencils but I like to have a large variety of colors and 50 just wasn't enough for me and some Art projects I do that require a vast array of colors. I wished I could afford the 150 color Prismacolor set but on my Birthday I got a 48 color set of Prismacolor colored pencils. I was thrilled to finally be able to try out and use the Prismacolors. Sadly to my disappointment they weren't all that I thought they would be. They colored no different than my Crayola colored pencils. I admit the color layout is alot smoother but it didn't seem that much different to me.

I purchased a *new* set of 50 Color Crayola colored pencils since I've misplaced majority of the colors from my previous set. But still wasn't happy with the variety of colors. I came across this pack of colored pencils ... I've never tried CraZArt Colored Pencils. I've tried RoseArt and CraZArt is supposably owned by the former RoseArt CEO and I liked the RoseArt so I decided to give this a try. I immediately loved all the colors they had and some of their professional sounding names like Aruba and Smokee Purple. I bought a large bin to place both my Crayola colored pencils and these CraZArt colored pencils together. That gave me 122 colors to chose from !! (n_n) I have not come across the feeling I'm lacking color variety anymore and what's awesome is this 122 color set only cost me just a little over $10 compared to the $300 dollars you'd pay for a 150 color Prismacolor set.

So if you're like me and an Artist on a budget just buy a pack of these 72 color CraZArt colored pencils and 50 color Crayola colored pencils. I see no difference between these and the professional artists coloring pencils. These even show up on Black paper !! Some of the darker colors like Emerald Green and of course black won't but the rest do show up nicely on Black paper. I did have some minor issues with the lead breaking off after I've sharpened it but I think it's my cheap dollar store pencil sharpener and not the pencils themselves. I plan to buy a more heavy duty pencil sharpener and will update whether or not it was the colored pencils or the sharpener that caused the *newly* sharpened tips to break.

Overall I'd recommend these coloring pencils whether you're a child coloring in coloring books or a skilled artist these are a great alternative to the more costly professional coloring pencils. Definitely will be buying these again in the future.
on October 12, 2015
I bought this set mainly for my everyday use, coloring adult coloring books. I was looking for an alternative to my Prismacolor set which I just use for my special art and drawing projects. and I came upon this set. I've read the reviews too and I have to agree with most of them.

More color variety than other brands
Good color pigmentation with the right amount of hand pressure while coloring.
Somewhat erasable ( with Prismacolor Scholar Eraser - the black triangular one or the Sanford Kneaded Eraser. or Prismacolor's Kneaded Eraser works too.) color does not completely erase but it fades enough for coloring over it and with proper and good blending,erasures are unnoticeable.

Pencil barrel breaks when sharpening. (This is what I've read in most of the reviews too) It happened to me when I sharpened my Greener Pastures pencil for the first time. The barrel cracked but with some time I discovered that sharpening these pencils just like I would my prismacolor set works like a charm (I sharpen my prismacolor pencils with my prismacolor sharpener but the trick is, I turn the sharpener to sharpen and not the pencil, I keep the pencil stationary.) and I never had any more breakage after that.
review image review image
on July 3, 2015
Colors are very light and the wood of the pencil is very weak. I prefer Crayola pencils, so much better quality!
on June 17, 2011
These are really great colored pencils. I appreciate the fact that the color of the pencil is very close to the actual color that appears on the page. They are nice and soft. And I love the colors. Lots of variety.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have purchased this set in order to add to my other colored pencils. I joined the group of people who are coloring the Secret Garden and other books. What a disappointment! The colors are not bright at all and you have to push the pencil really hard to get some color. Apart from that, it leaves little lumps on the page. On Secret Garden's pages it is even worse.
Finally, 2 or 3 pencils came cracked, so not worth buying it. Cheap all right, but no quality at all.