5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and disgusting

3.0 out of 5 stars Different humor than CAH
Published 9 months ago by J. Decker

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and disgusting, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
I ordered both Crabs volumes after playing CAH at my friend's house where he had these cards integrated into his deck. I honestly didn't even notice that they weren't part of the original game until he pointed it out to the group. Once I started looking for them, I thought that they were some of the best cards in play: very funny, very raunchy and very offensive. Some of the references were more geeky or obscure than the original game, so that would be something to be aware of.

The card and printing quality is excellent: I held one of the Crabs cards and one of the CAH cards up to the light and the texture, feel and overall look of the cards was identical as far as I could tell. The typeface on the Crabs cards is slightly different, and the fronts have a little red near the logo, but those are the only differences I found and they don't bother me or my friends. I guess if you were paranoid, you could sleeve your deck in opaque white and black sleeves... but we just play to have a good time so none of the minor differences bother me.

One thing I will say, is I don't get the $30 price on here: they cost $14/deck on the Crabs Adjust Humidity website so that's some kind of crazy markup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
As you all know, no matter how many expansion packs of CAH you have, eventually and quite quickly you begin to memorize all the cards. The only thing that can be done to remedy the problem is buy more expansion packs! Crabs Adjust Humidity flawlessly adds great content and almost seamlessly blends in with CAH decks. They are just as good and sometimes even better than CAH. Don't fear the stigma of having Crabs... Go get some you filthy whores!

3.0 out of 5 stars Different humor than CAH, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
Some of the cards are good, some are too specific and you feel like you are reading an inside joke made in the backroom of a dungeons and dragons convention. By this I mean just geeky or nerdy, not sure of the current vernacular. For example, one of the white cards reads, "My level 90 elfs*** puddingsbane." I don't understand that, but if you do you will probably like this expansion pack. Not all the cards are like this, about 1/2-2/3 I would say.

The cards do mix in well with the CAH set, and the quality is on par with CAH. The content of some of the cards is questionably funny. There are some more raunchy cards that are hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER than Cards Against Humanity!, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
Though I'd use it to add to your CAH cards, and not just stand alone, as there aren't many in this pack. STILL - the last time my friends and I played, we were all looking for the tiny red bit on the side of the cards for our next draws - they're THAT good folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to an already fantastic game, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
While I am not the overall master of our CAH box, I am sure almost all of these will meet the muster for our tastes.

Cards: The cards are great themselves, with a little variation to the original CAH deck. If you are a stickler for uniformity and appearance, these might make you twitch a little. The red marks on the bottom might also give you issues, but I think you can overlook this for the quality of cards it adds. Remember, it's all about the content.

Content: I'd have to say there were some really good ones to slip into the regular deck. It all varies on taste and sense of humor, but even the ones I might find questionable will easily fit in with the rest of my normal group I play with. I'd say, for average, I could keep at least 90% of the cards with ease.

The white cards are a little more low brow humor than what I enjoy, but certainly seeing them in combination with other cards could have some potential.

The black cards stole the show for me and I'm sure to nag the CAH keeper until he relents. I have one card in mind that I am sure will make the evening interesting.

Overall, if you are looking to expand your game and you don't mind the unofficial product, then you shouldn't hesitate to buy this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Crabs!, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
I got this expansion to play at a party and we loved it. The cards played seamlessly with the original game and the cards were either as good as or better than the original cards. They are funny, crude, and offensive and just in keeping with the original sense of humor of the game. Looking forward to more expansions and more crabs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing, but a good addition to CAH, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
I bought these cards to go along with my CAH set and I think that Crabs a good addition to CAH, while there aren't many "god tier cards" there are plenty of good situations where the cards might come into play. Just like in the original CAH, there are some bad cards that are just "throw away" cards like Judge Judy... But overall I would suggest you buy the 2 expansions, and buy them directly from their website as you can ask for something completely random, and they will do their best to fulfill it. I got a drawing of Bane, a plastic Army solider, and egg candy :P

There is a deck list somewhere, so you can browse the cards before you actually buy them. That is how I came to the conclusion of buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hysterical, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
If you are a fan of Cards Against Humanity, this is a must have expansion set. (And sets 2&3!)

The Good:
-The humor is in the same vein as classic CAH but still has some fresh new ideas.
> While going through them I often forgot that these were from an independent new source
> They set up several gags and running jokes
-The card quality is excellent. The cards don't bend or tear easily and shuffle well with the original deck.
- It's an expansion, I mean come on! Who doesn't want more CAH?

The Bad:
-The cards have a small red mark at the bottom and say "Crabs Adjust Humidity" on the back as well as having a slightly better quality. It is difficult not to notice the difference when picking up from the pile (or piles) on the table. But that shouldn't really matter, should it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good game!, November 6, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
(Same review I gave for the other two decks! ...Also want to add to anyone who hasn't tried Cards Against Humanity, this is NOT a child appropriate game. It's WILDLY inappropriate; that's the whole fun of it. But don't bother if you're easily offended, and maybe check in advance for any cards that may be trigger issues if you know someone with PTSD. Otherwise, you're going to have a blast!) Ongoing perfection! This game can be mixed into Cards Against Humanity, or played separately. It's the exact same concept, and the cards look just the same except for the words. Same texture, size, font, everything. It's not going to affect gameplay if you bother to read the back and know which deck the card played is coming from. I've played it separately and mixed in. A FEW of the cards have repetitive styles of joke, but they're all funny, so none of us were bothered by it. Definitely some good ones in there! One deck is enough for a brief game, but it's fun to grab as many as you can for the most variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it., November 23, 2014
This review is from: Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One (Toy)
Excellent expansion. I bought the first two Crabs Adjust Humidity expansions. I didn't like that they were more expensive than genuine Cards Against Humanity expansion packs, but I caved in and I'm glad. Now I have the largest and best deck around. CAH is great; it's greater with these.

Crabs Adjust Humidity - Vol One