Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 21, 2013
The Princeton Review Cracking the MCAT was an absolutely essential part of my study schedule for the MCAT. It was very thorough and a great help, especially the portions covering general chemistry from my freshman and sophomore years of college. The only negative aspect of this book was the practice tests that came with it. The passages were confusing and not like the MCAT passages at all. I received my lowest scores on these practice tests, while I received my highest on the official MCAT practice tests. I would highly recommend this book, but I would definitely spend the money on official MCAT practice tests.
on April 11, 2013
Princeton's MCAT book really makes some stupid mistakes! I have found about 20 mistakes in it so far, from a simple diagram or a very general equition, to the definition of important scientific rules! What disappoints me more is that I pointed out the mistakes in the book for them and sent them an Email last month, and I havent heard anything from them! I think this Princeton book just has an exaggerated reputation.
on August 17, 2013
Simply put, this book tries to be an all-in-one MCAT prep book, but it fails in this capacity. It is just not comprehensive enough to be useful (it literally skips over topics that are listed on the MCAT's Content Outline) and it doesn't provide enough passages to prepare you for the MCAT, either (one passage/~6 questions per topic).

The material that it does cover is, for the most part, explained well, but it makes more sense to get the individual review guides from Princeton Review instead of this book. MCAT preparation is expensive - don't waste your time or money on this.
on April 28, 2013
This has all the requirements. for the exam but one should remember that the information is a synopsis of what should have been learnt. Used in conjunction with the required textbooks, this package is good.
on March 13, 2013
I liked this book way better than the Kaplan books. It sometimes doesn't go into quite as much detail as Kaplan, but it almost always made things easier to understand. There are less typos (although still a few) and better analogies. If you're looking for a self-help MCAT book to study on your own rather than a course, I think this is the best bet for your money that I have found.
on February 5, 2013
There were a bunch of errors that drove me crazy: typos, math errors in worked problems, and things like putting solute in place of solvent (GGRRR...) But the content of the book is spot on for people looking to get the base knowledge they need for the MCAT. After doing the Chem and Physics sections, my AAMC MCAT practice score for Physical science went up 3 points. Every topic on the test was covered in the book.
I mostly got it to review basic content that I have forgotten or never learned; I'm not sure if it would be as good for people looking to get better at the reasoning that the MCAT is testing.
on January 29, 2014
Is a good book, however I wish there was more practice questions (usually there is about 6) after each section .
on August 21, 2013
ive heard a lot about this book and purchased it. i tried mcat for the first time and can tell that the complicity of the test is almost the same that examples in the book. of course more material needed but its a decent addition. really like it
on March 30, 2013
Awesome book that summaries a lot of information into concise easy to read pages! I personally like princeton review and this book is a good way to go if you are reviewing for your MCAT
on April 7, 2013
The book is perfect for reviewing the MCAT content. It was worth every penny spent and I would highly recommend it for any student ready to take the big test.