5.0 out of 5 stars Tells you what you need to know.
I am 55 years old and I want to get a college degree. Where do I start? My son-in-law felt this is a good book to start with. I have gone through it all and sat for my last exam today.

Published 21 months ago by GS

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
I have bought every 2007 GED book. The McGraw Hill and Kaplan book are the best. The material in this book is not very good in my opinion. You get what you pay for.
Published on September 9, 2007 by redbehelit

5.0 out of 5 stars Tells you what you need to know., October 16, 2012

I think this is a good book to have if you are short of time to prepare for the exam, like I was. I like it a lot bec it has been recently published plus they tell you exactly what you need to know. They give you tips on how to tackle the questions and the great thing is the GED questions are limited to just the handful.

Naturally they can't predict all the questions but it sure narrows down and cuts out the unnecessary materials which you would otherwise be slogging away and wouldn't need.

great stuff. I hope I pass and get into college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, enabled me to PASS the GED, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Cracking the GED, 2013 Edition (College Test Preparation) (Paperback)
This book is great!!! It is very easy to read and understand. This book gives you great details and tips on how to ace the GED. I ordered this book in January and just took my GED this last Saturday (March 16th). Today I found out my results and I passed the GED. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to study. I was studying this book while I was taking college classes. If you do all the exercises in the book and complete the two full length practice tests you should be fine on the GED. I would recommend studying the math more thoroughly then the rest of the material, unless you are really good at math.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, October 29, 2004
If you're like me and you don't need a thorough, in-depth overview of high school Science, Math, Language Arts, and Social Studies, but you want to know what kind of questions are on the test and get a bit of practice, this book is for you.

Don't be intimidated by the book's size. It's light and...dare I say...even amusing reading at some points (ex:PH Levels of Talk Show Hosts). The area in which I found it most helpful was the information it gave on how the tests are written and graded, especially on the essay portion.

If you need help on any of the test subjects there are chapters in the book that cover them and then 2 practice tests in the back. The Language Arts and Writing parts of the test are emphasized and the book goes into great detail on how to "crack" these (if you can pass these sections, you can probably do Social Studies and Science without a problem). But little attention is given to Math, which is why I gave it a 4 star rating.

Otherwise, it's a great book and I highly reccomend it especially to those who are nervous about the test and have a little brushing up to do on their writing skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for GED!, February 3, 2010
I bought this book about a year ago.. and it is ALLL marked up!! It teaches you ALOT bout the GED and how to pass it. It tells you nearly everything you need to know about the test, and gives you good in site.

I would recommend to anyone!!

It's like your own personal teacher. It tells you how to do the problem first, then gives you a similar problem, then tells you the answer!
There are also little tips on the side of most each page.

It has: Math, Writing, Reading, Science, & History

5.0 out of 5 stars "THE ONLY BOOK YOU NEED TO PASS THE GED PERIOD"., February 18, 2011
I purchased this book and studied for about 3 weeks. I took each test, one at a time, and passed each test without ever failing one. I was able to do this after being out of school for 16 years. If you are serious about obtaining your diploma then purchase this book.

Study for and take each test, as you are ready, and earn your diploma in less than a month like I did. You will not find a better or more complete book for your GED studies. I purchased one other book before buying this one, which did not provide you with the necessary information to study for, learn, and pass the test like this book does.

Buying the right book to study for this test makes all the difference in the world, trust me! The GED test will be revised next year (2012) so this your last chance to take the test and pass it @ the 2002 test version. Buy your copy today, take and pass the test, and move on with your life.

P.S I passed the GED with a total score of 3275 out of a possible 4000......you do the math....it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for "Cracking The GED", September 16, 2009
This book is easy to understand and is a great tool for anyone preparing for the GED. I would highy recommend it for is easibility of use and captivating wording.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lacking one major promise, but excellent study guide, November 6, 2010
I wrote an earlier review and only scored it with one star because I was disappointed that there seemed to be a promise for college test prep. There wasn't any. There was only a web link. Meanwhile, this book is an excellent resource for preparing for the GED Exams. It has two complete sets of tests in all five areas of testing with answers and explanations at the back, plus a way to determine what your score would be.

I recommend the science and social studies chapters as the best two out of five, especially in the way they cover topics. There's a great timeline at the end of the social studies chapter. There's an attitude all throughout the text of helping you to "Crack the Test." They mean it. They don't intend to teach you everything you need to know.

The writing section gets too bogged down with templates that can scare students off, the reading is boring, and the math is not really detailed enough for students needing a lot of math instruction. However, it's great to have the practice tests to find out what a ballpark figure for a score you might get.

I use this book all the time in my classroom, and one-on-one with students.

Again, it was disappointing not to find test prep questions for college placement, which the ad promised to contain. Some links online lead students to questions that are much harder than these, and I don't believe that it's helpful to do questions that only promote anxiety. This book is the best resource I've come across, but if you need to do it online, another appropriate area to explore is the Official ACE/GED test center site. Those questions are put out by the same people who make the tests. This book is put out by the Princeton Review, to help you CRACK THE TEST. Like I said, they mean it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking the GED, October 6, 2012
Great product lots of usful information for studing for the GED. Covers all area's of the GED gives questions and answers tells you why the answer is what it is. So you know what you are up agianst. I would suggest this book to anyone who is studying for GED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GED prep book, July 17, 2010
Kim Guterry (WEST SUNBURY, PA, US) - See all my reviews
The book went over all subjects and had self tests for each section. Passed the GED with 90%+ in each subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching... limited audience, April 15, 2007
Adult Ed. Teacher (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
This book presents the subject matter on the GED test in a easy-to-follow manner. In contrast to some other GED preparation books, I appreciate that the Princeton Review book doesn't try to cram too much information onto a page -- the relaxed layout makes learning the information less overwhelming. They seem to do a good job of covering just what is needed to review for the GED and not getting off track on other information not covered on the test.

I have been evaluating several different GED preparation books to use with a group of refugee adults of several nationalities. I will probably pass this book up because the book seems written for the younger teen/twenties group and so many of the examples are very culturally biased. If you need a great GED prep book for a younger crowd that will understand the culutral references (TV, celebrities, fast food, dating, etc.) the examples are memorable and really do help to spice things up and keep the reader interested. However, for the newcomer to this culture, it could be confusing, or as the last reviewer said "annoying".

Cracking the GED, 2013 Edition (College Test Preparation)
Cracking the GED, 2013 Edition (College Test Preparation) by Princeton Review (Paperback - July 24, 2012)
$23.00 $21.85