Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cracking the AP World History Exam, 2015 Edition (College Test Preparation)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 6, 2014
The content in here is easy to follow and gets to the point. The timeline charts at the end of each section are certainly helpful in keeping the Big Picture in mind. There are also pop outs that identify topics that MIGHT be good ideas for comparison essays. There are helpful charts throughout that give you basic information if you're looking for overviews of comparative topics.

CON: The practice exams that have "full answer explainations" is a FALSE statement. They only give you the multiple choice answers with explainations but NOTHING for any of the practice essays. As essays tend to be the difficult portion of the exam, it is a shame and a sham that there is NOTHING included to help explain answers to the essay questions. And to say "ask a teacher or classmate to score your essays" is a cop out! (This is what it says on the HOW TO SCORE page).

If essays are your nemisis, use a different review guide.
on November 4, 2012
I bought the 2012 version of this book, and it is such a good book. Before every chapter test, I'd read the chapter summaries. They have great timelines too. You can't expect to do well without doing well in the course. If you got a B or A in the course and you use this book throughout the year and for last minute studing for the exam you'll get a 5. I got a C first quarter because I wasn't determined. Second quarter I started using this book and I got a B. Third quarter an A, and fourth quarter a 100% in the class A. Ended up with a 5 on the exam. This goes to show that paying attention in class, reading the textbook and using this book will help you get far. DON'T GIVE UP if you think it's too hard,thats what I thought but I got a five so I know you can do it too!
on December 23, 2014
I took this class sophomore year as my first AP and I read the techniques and started doing notes (highlighting and summarizing in the margin space provided) 2 weeks before the test and made a 3. If I had started 2 months before and gotten through more than 2.5 time periods (out of 6) then I probably would have gotten a 5. My advice:

- go through and read everything up to the review material, of that memorize techniques for writing the essays

- do notes like this: read time period chapter, go back through while writing notes in the margins, make flashcards of terms/people/etc.

- make sure you understand the timelines provided (this is VERY IMPORTANT because of how the essay questions are asked)
on April 5, 2014
The layout is different from Cracking the AP U.S. History Exam book. This one doesn't have end-of-chapter quizzes (which come in handy) and the practice tests focus more on modern history (not enough on Caesar and before to be comfortable for a test). Easy to read otherwise.
on August 24, 2013
I was required to buy the Kaplan AP World History Review by my teacher and also had a chance to check out Barron's through a friend. This is better than both. Kaplan treats the material well but the practice questions are a joke. If you think the real AP questions are that easy, then you are deluding yourself. On the other hand, Barron's questions are great but the review is mediocre and much too detailed. Princeton Review, however, strikes a wonderful balance. Sure, there are no review questions after each section, but in the end those aren't really necessary. The review itself is fantastic and covers just the right material while still maintaining a "global" perspective. Of all the books I've tried, the practice questions are by far the most like those of the CollegeBoard's and are definitely perfect practice. Get this book, it got me a 5.
on October 4, 2012
I purchased this book as part of my own personal collection for a class I'm currently teaching. I was HORRIFIED to see that there were no review questions after each section. As a teacher and I would imagine as a student for this difficult AP course, review questions are CRUCIAL to figuring out whether or not you got the gist of each section. To not provide review MCQ style questions is just LAZY on Princeton Review's part.

The information is dense and I'm not positive everything is explained really well.

I would NOT recommend this book as an AP World History teacher. I don't really like ANY of the books out there, but for my money, I recommend 5 Steps to a 5 book.
on April 16, 2014
I ordered this for my daughter who is preparing for the AP World History exam, and she can't stop raving about it. She says it is completely comprehensive in reviewing the material covered in the course, as well as helping her formulate comparisons and recognize historical trends. She is so much more confident now, it is well worth the money spent, whether she earns credit on the test or not. She has a Kindle, but preferred the print version because she could highlight passages and make personal note. Thanks Princeton Review!
on December 17, 2014
I should have started using this book in the beginning of the year. I didn't start using it as class progressed through our actual textbook until second semester, but better late than never, because it really proved to help me through the class. The book is very clear and summative, which is ideal for comprehending the main ideas and general significance of figures and events. The information is very concise, a good characteristic considering more detail would render it as a textbook, and thus redundant as it wouldn't be a review book... The multiple choice questions and justifications were difficult for me. I practically got an F on the practice tests located in the back of the book. But the justifications and reasoning for the answers helped me revise and develop test taking skills, as well as better understand the material, of course.

I used this book all the time. I would review it before every quiz, test, and sometimes even just regular note taking. Literally in the 15-30 minutes before the official exam in May, the "big test", my nose was buried in this text because of it's clear depiction of the main idea and "big pictures", definitely a positive for the exam.

I received a 5 on the A.P. exam and this review book played a key role in contributing to the amount of knowledge I retained during the test! :)
on June 17, 2014
I learned all my history from this book. I mean, I did take history classes, but I forgot mostly everything, and this book pretty much cushioned me. The chapters are easy to read and really helped me cram. It's got in-depth information, looks at changes, continuities, analyzes belief and trading systems, as well as societal roles, and all in all, it's got everything you need and more. I only really glanced at the test-taking tips, but they seemed helpful. I will have to say the tests in the back are /way/ harder than the actual test, though, excluding the essays.
on April 25, 2013
I bought this book a couple months ago for my AP review class and it really breaks down the information in a way that's easy to understand. It even has some funny jokes and puns which makes it even more fun to read :) I would recommend this if you're taking AP or need to brush up on world history information.