5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and exciting, I loved it!
Keta Diablo is one of those authors that makes me enjoy a genre I don't normally read - historical romance. Really, I stay away from the genre on the whole. And this book even has something else I'm not a fan of - time travel. You'd think this was a losing battle, right? Wrong. I've read Keta Diablo's writing before, and I knew I was in for a treat.

Cradle...
Published 22 days ago by Liz @ Fictional Candy

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great
Published on March 26, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and exciting, I loved it!, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Cradle Of Dreams (Time Travel Erotic Romance) (Kindle Edition)

Cradle of Dreams is the first book in a series of three, I believe. It's not even very long, around 50 pages. But in that short amount of time, this author was able to make me care about several characters.... and a cat. Quite a feat, indeed.

Kendra watches over a store for Mrs. Higgins, an elderly but wise woman. Mrs. Higgins was funny and caring, and I get the feeling that she knows more than she even lets on. On one particular day her cat, Miss Calypso, is being a rascal and Kendra runs after her. Something happens, and we are transported to the past where we meet Roane and Kendrick.

Kendrick is a regal woman of the south. Prim and proper, but on the inside something a bit more fierce lives. Or at least it did, until her lover was killed in battle. Now she is with someone else, and Roane has returned - obviously alive and well. Does he want her back? Does he get her back? What will she do when she realizes he didn't die? I was anxious with questions!

This story was very engaging, from beginning to end. I felt the characters emotions quite clearly; everything from wonder to romance to arousal, and even a bit of hatred. Obviously, it's not a long story, but it doesn't feel like you are reading just a few pages. On the contrary, Keta was able to transport me back to 1865 with just a few words, and I felt like I was at the ball - and I wished I was in the library rather than Kendrick. Roane proved himself to be quite the Alpha man: see - want - take. Dirty talk and heated sex, things you surely wouldn't expect kept me glued to my Kindle. Kendrick felt like she was a woman brought back to life herself when she was near Roane, and that had me positively giddy.

I have a review for the sequel to this book, Whisper of Dreams, coming up. I can tell you right now, it's every bit as awesome as Cradle of Dreams. If you are looking for something quick, steamy, romantic and quite enjoyable, you won't go wrong with these novellas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzle Sizzle - Love it, August 5, 2014
*Gift from the author for an honest review*

Such a lovely story. You never know how true your dreams become until you meet Kendra. This book starts out in present time and then when Kendra hurts herself she goes back to 1865 and meets Roane who was her lover at that time. Only Roane believe Kendra is Kendrick Moreland.

Kendrick meets Roane again after thinking he died at war and Roane believes that Kendrick has lied to him and he wants to prove that to her. The sex scenes are wow, makes you want to be in them. After Roane realizes that Kendrick wasn't lying he does the only thing he can and agrees to a shoot out with her fiancé.

Kendra ends up waking up but feels that the dream was so real and when Mrs. Higgins returns with her nephew they find Kendra on the ground coming too. Kendra was lulled awake by a cat. Kendra at first doesn't remember where she is and feels that she is still in the dream.

I really enjoyed this story. This is the first book I have read from the author and will read more books. Now onto book two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling Novella!, July 18, 2014
Sizzling Novella!

Perfect short read to entertain one's sexually craved mind. Roane Bradfield and Kendrick Moreland reunite at Dowager Huggins’ Grand Ball in the library and let me tell you their union is explosive - borderline savage taking (anal penatration)but sensually exciting - crossing legs as I envision the chills and tingles that Roane's voice alone could entice to make me melt - LOL

I loved the historical background behind the story and how in war mistakes happen when reporting deaths in a paper journal. I can literally envision the shock on everyone's face when someone (Roane) supposedly dead shows up a live. LOL

But what made this a magical story was Roane's determination to get to the woman he loved and claim her before she was married to someone else.

Keta Diablo you are one talented and creative writer! Reader's will love your character's and will want to know more about their lives and their world they live in, I know I do. So looking forward to your next book.

Excellent Read!

4.0 out of 5 stars ohh so much packed in only 30 pages, July 25, 2014
The past and present collide in a wonderful tittalatting (sp) time-travling dreamscape.
In about 30 pages the author creates a whole story filled with revenge, anger, love, and debauchary(spelling). You don't need a whole backstory to enjoy this quick novelle. The characters are well written and just suck you into to the story.

Love or pride one always comes out the victory rarely do you ever get to keep both.

I myself don't usually enjoy eighteenth/ninteenth century victorian era stories with balls and gowns, and all the gossips and overall craziness of that time period. However, the author created a story that I couldn't help but enjoy.

I recieved a copy of this from the author for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 27, 2014
This author packs a lot into a short amount of pages. She gets just the right amount of steamy scenes with out making the book or it's characters trashy. I loved the fact that it being so small can be read quickly during a lunch break or anytime you need a little splash of hot in your life. The book gives you enough information that you don't feel like your missing everything. This one gives you a couple oh my word scenes and Roane is a strong willed war hero, who fits perfectly as the main character. My complete review of both Cradle of Dreams and Whisper of Dreams( which is the sequel to this one) is located at: http://allnightbooks.com/2014/07/27/cradle-of-dreams-and-whisper-of-dreams-by-keta-diablo/

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely love this book, May 29, 2013
I love how decadent and thrilling the story is for being such a short story. I fell in love with the 2 main characters, even with all their flaws. excellent read for anyone with a little bit of time on their hands

4.0 out of 5 stars Be still my beating heart!!, July 23, 2014
I have to say that this is the sweetest yet hottest book that I have read!!! I mean Roane and Ryan....Be still my beating heart!!! Then when I read " I want to know one day. and don't worry, I won't ever let go of your again." Talk about teary eyes and goosebumps!! This book is the perfect poolside read!!! I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more!, July 29, 2014
Short read that quickly draws you in. It definitely left me wanting more. I wanted to stay in 1865 with Roane/Ryan, just as much as Kendrick/Kendra did. The author is a very talent writer and does a great job interlacing the past and present.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great, March 26, 2012
This was a quick, okay read. The writing was strong and the I really liked the intro. I liked Kendra, the young antiquities store assistant we met in the prologue. I even liked Ryan, the man we are introduced to in the epilogue. The two are supposed to be representative of Kendrick and Roane, two lovers from the 1800s who were torn apart by war and the mistaken reporting of Roane's death.

I was not too fond of Kendrick or Roane. When Roane comes home to find that Kendrick has moved on in the face of his 'death', he is furious. He seeks to humiliate and bend her to his will to....what? I'm still not sure. It seemed as though he wanted her back, but he wanted her to squirm a bit as well. Fair enough. But the way he goes about it is a bit cruel for my taste and his 'foreceful seduction' of her was over the top and a turn off. When he finds she is a virgin, THEN he becomes contrite for being so cruel...for me it was too little too late to redeem him and honestly his complete 180 did not resonate with me. I still didn't care for him. Kendrick was a pushover and a flat character. At least Roane had some dimension.

The reason I gave this book 3 stars instead of a lower ranking is because I found the way the author wove and past and present together to be very clever. Also, the writing is very strong. But for me, this story could have been a bit stronger. I appreciated the attempt at making Roane a sympathetic character because of his bloody background in war. If this had been expanded on maybe the story could have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Romance, July 23, 2014
A great time travel romance about a woman living in modern times named Kendrick who falls in love with a Civil War soldier named Roane, with good descriptions of the explicit scenes.

Rate and Discover Movies