Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: Nintendo 3DS|Change
Price:$3.79+ $3.99 shipping

on November 30, 2012
If you've played any of the other Jewel Master/Cradle of... match 3 games, you'll be very familiar with this game. I didn't find much new or much that was particularly intriguing. Although much is made of the "3D", I didn't really feel like it added much, so if you can find a better deal on the DS version rather than the 3DS, I don't think you'll be missing out.

I do think it was a bit tougher (or maybe I just wasn't making good use of the bonuses) than the original Cradle of Rome. I say that because as I recall I got to level 50 or so in Cradle of Rome before I started having to replay levels due to failing/running out of time. In Cradle of Rome 2, I started having trouble around level 35. Like I say, I may have just made bad choices about using the bonuses, but for whatever reason, I ending up playing most of the levels from 35 on more than once.

On the plus side, having to replay a bunch of levels does extend the gameplay!

I enjoyed the blueprint puzzles (jigsaw type) that go along with building each of your structures/monuments. They start off pretty easy, but get more complex as the number of puzzle pieces increases.
on December 6, 2012
Let me first say that this might be the most under-the-radar North American release for the 3DS in its first two years. Literally no publicity has surrounded this title and it takes some deep browsing to even find it available for the 3DS on any online retailer, including Amazon.

Don't let that dissuade you from picking this great little title up! While this title is really more of a DS game (the 3D is hardly used except for a few throwaway cut scenes), it still provides loads of gameplay and replay value for the 3DS crowd.

If your familiar with any match-3 game, then your familiar with Cradle of Rome 2. It's more than just a "Bejeweled-type" game as some might label it. There is challenge, meaning and strategy in all of the games 100 levels and you will tempted constantly by that "one more try" compulsion that could keep you playing for hours. There are personal challenge and achievements within the game, but really, the meat and potatoes is to get through all 100 levels and build up Rome. It's so simple yet so effective.

The game is five-star for me because it kept me playing. Getting through all the levels will easily get you around 20-25 hours of playtime (or more, depending on your skill). After that there is an Adventure and Blitz mode that, while not as fun as Story mode, could suck away a few more hours.

This is one of those few games that just taps into the addictive nature of a good puzzler without needing to do anything else. There isn't much in terms of graphics. There really is no "story" in Story mode. Music is ok, but nothing special. But it's sooooo dang addictive.
on September 30, 2015
This was one of my favorite computer games because it was so quick and easy to just pick up and play a round or two. With this on the 3DS it made things even quicker to jump right in and play!

For new buyers, be warned this is extremely addictive. And for those who've already played on a different platform, then you already know what to expect.

Sit back and get ready for one of the best time wasters out there!
on March 24, 2013
I'm a huge fan of the "Match Three" games. One of my favorites was Fishdom for my PC, but wanted something similar to it for my 3ds. This game was exactly what I was looking for, only a little more challenging. Unlike Fishdom, you have a certain amount of time you have to complete the levels. But if you like "Match Three" games that you can play at your own speed, don't let the clock discourage you from buying this title. The clock does not run too fast, giving you time to complete levels. Also, you need to collect food, gold, and resources to build your village, which is done by completing the levels. Also, when you build new buildings for your village their is a mini game that is not mentioned in the description of the game that I find very fun. It is a puzzle of the building that you have to solve, kind of like a jig saw puzzle. If your not a fan of jig saw puzzles, you can skip the mini games. It does nothing to your game progress. I've already recommended this game to my sister-in-law.
on March 8, 2013
I think this is a great game. It is not exactly like the last one I played so that was a nice surprise. I recommend this game to others who enjoy this type of game, I hope to get another game when I complete this one!!!
on June 23, 2013
I haven't played the whole game yet. I love the game so far, very challenging. I do recommend this game for the older generations that are not in to the action packed games where you have to use all the buttons or multiple buttons at the same time.
on April 23, 2014
FUn and easy but challanging game for an 84 to play and enjoy. Have a hard time putting this or the other one down!!
on August 14, 2014
I bought this for $5 at Five Below (along with a couple others), and have been addicted ever since I started playing. I've already beaten the main levels, and am working on the Tourney and Blitz modes now. This game will definitely keep you busy, and it is fun to watch your city slowing get built as you progress through the game. The 3D effect is a nice addition.
on October 12, 2012
Wow this game is beautiful. I have cradle of rome, cradle of anthia, cradle of persia and jewel master egypt on the DSXL and love these games but the colors and grafix on this game are so much more vivid. I havent played the whole game so I dont know if it has any sort of glitches or any thing. But it looks great on my 3DSXL.
on November 25, 2013
I really do enjoy this game! My sister has part 1 of Cradle Rome.This is part 2.I enjoy having this and all the other Cradle Ofs.My gratitude to you is forever in the way of your great service to me.

See 1 answered question