5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is amazing.
For lightweight durability, it's my favorite saw for clearing the woods out back. It keeps going and going and the blade stays unbelievably sharp. Keep the bar oiled and use 40:1 mixture and it just keeps cutting. Excellent saw for long term cutting due to it's ergonomics.
Published 9 months ago by Seattlecomm

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Motor, but chain oiler is defective
Published 23 months ago by Jose J. Garcia

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Motor, but chain oiler is defective, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Craftsman 35190 42cc 18" Gas Chain Saw
Bought this to replace an aging Craftsman 16" chainsaw that still worked great after many good years of use. This one had troubles from the very beginning. The oiler just never seemed to keep up with use. The chain appeared wet, then dry, then got very hot. It had oil in the reservoir, and it did seem to use some oil, but it wasn't consistent. The motors on these are great! They start everytime after a very slight pull. Just the oiler. It was brand new, so not sure why it was clogged. I tried to pull the filter, but it ended up just falling through into the reservoir. I'll try working on it again in a few days, but brand new saws shouldn't have such a critical issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is amazing., January 14, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Chain will not stay on bar, September 28, 2013
This review is from: Craftsman 35190 42cc 18" Gas Chain Saw
I have had this chainsaw for about a year and it seemed to be a great addition to by toolbox. I could do some simple projects and save some bucks. However, the unit has been nothing but trouble. I first thought that it was user error since I was quite inexperienced, so I had an a technician look at it and service the unit. Got it back and as stated in other reviews the motor works perfectly, but as soon as I began to work the chain came off. I bought a second chain; same problem. I went and bought a new bar and chain, $41 and had the same problem.

I have a two year warranty so I am unsure what my options are. I do not have the time to keep fixing a bad product. I think I will have to sell it on craigslist with a buyer beware disclosure.

DO NOT BUY THE CHAIN SAW

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, October 13, 2014
This review is from: Craftsman 35190 42cc 18" Gas Chain Saw
This chainsaw does the job every time runs good

1.0 out of 5 stars A dull butter knife would work better, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Craftsman 35190 42cc 18" Gas Chain Saw
My first review for Amazon but I had to speak out on this one. My dad bought this from a dept. store and although it was our first chainsaw I have to say that the results were very disappointing. I read the instructions which were pretty simple and easy to follow, the carrying case is a great convenience, and came with a tool to quickly tighten the slack on the chain. After fueling up and adding the oil it was a quick start. My project was to cut off some massively thick tree roots that were growing next to and headed under my house. I was just going to cut the roots that were visibly growing above ground. I mean these were about as thick as a person's leg but I only got about halfway through one of the roots before the chainsaw seemed to slow in progress and only appeared to be rubbing the wood. Then after giving it as much push as possible the chain just disengaged from the bar all together. Really? Some quality chainsaw. So we went to the trouble of buying a whole new Craftsman replacement chain and a sharpening kit. The new chain also worked perfectly for about five minutes then became dull and went off the bar as well. We had no choice but to make good with what we had. What we thought would be a simple project became a constant and annoyingly tedious cycle of cutting through an inch of wood, chain becomes loose, turn off the saw, tighten the chain, cut through half an inch, the chain comes off the saw, turn it off, take it apart and reset the chain, sharpen the chain, then cut through about another inch before the chain gets dull and falls off again. I think we had more progress with the pick ax we brought along but my dad was very adamant about using this chainsaw as much as possible and getting his money's worth. I HATED IT! I watched a how to video for some other brand's chainsaw and I was like, "Hey, how come ours doesn't cut like that?". Unfortunately, we waited too long and couldn't return it.

Craftsman 35190 42cc 18" Gas Chain Saw