Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2012
I like the concept - stand alone speaker tower with FM radio built in. Package says "FM Stereo Radio". It's true - BUT there's no readout. You have no way to know what station you've tuned into. Locating a station you want to hear becomes a guessing game of leapfrogging from one station to the next, repeatedly hitting the "scan" button, until you think you've landed on the one you want.

As if that's not bad enough, when you turn the power off, IT RESETS ! So now you have to play this confounded game all over again to get to your desired station. Every time you power up.

Craig could not have possibly implemented a worse FM interface. The only saving grace is that the FM radio is fairly sensitive, picking up a weak college station I like that not every radio in my house can get.

The speakers only sound fair, I was hoping for the size and cost of this thing it would have a more robust sound. Very midrangey, feeble bass, no sparkle in the high end, and no tone controls to adjust the sound.

I bought this to use in a workshop so I'll keep it, but can't turn it off unless I want to hit the "scan" button 20 times again. A JVC boombox would have been a wiser purchase.
on November 1, 2012
Great unit. Had bought one for our older son last year and it sounded SO GOOD and he loved it, that we bought another one from Amazon. (Had bought the first locally but then couldn't find it around) I find it interesting that more local retailers don't carry a tower type model like this but they don't! The newer model was even an upgrade with FM etc. I've always loved good sound and it does produce it. Needless to say a 16 year old plays it loud and STILL SOUNDS GREAT. For the money, it's a pure winner!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone.
on August 28, 2012
My son got this for his first year at college. It has worked out great for their dorm room. They even connected the TV to it. It's nice for them to be able to play music off the I-phone. I think my husband would like one for the summer out on the patio or in his work shed.
on November 26, 2012
I thought the price would make this a weak product, but I got it on sale and was blown away, literally. I have the Bose so my ears are tuned for better sound...this was by far the greatest find I've had in a long time. Not only does it work well, supports the iphone AND ipad, but it has a radio, adapter to connect to TV and also lets me watch my iphone on the TV...simply brilliant and I love it.
on November 1, 2013
I bought my first iCraig tower 3 years ago. Very impressed with the power and bass response. As a musician, DJ and audiophile, I found myself using it in countless areas. I use it for small and medium sized parties, indoors and outside. I load my iTouch or iPhone with playlists and away we go. I even bring it to large DJ gigs for veranda cocktails, lobbies, etc. It's portability made it easy to use it by the piano with backtracks or Karoake tracks from my iPhone. It can even be used as a P/A. I can plug my mic/instr mixer for guitar jam sessions. Whether it's chillin' on the patio or accenting the atmosphere out front on Halloween or Christmas, my iCraig Tower is always around.
It's gotten beaten up from it's extensive travels and use over the years. The remote control finally failed last week from being dropped several times. Unfortunately, the bass adjust was set on high when the remote failed. Uh oh! I searched for a replacement remote. Then I realized, 'Why don't I just get a new tower?' I found one on Amazon. This one has the FM tuner which I didn't have on my older model. $20 less than the old one, with free shipping to boot. BONUS: The remote works on both units. Now I can continue to use the old one which still works perfectly and I keep the new pristine one by the piano.
I have to commend Craig on the design, power, sound and functionality and durability of these units. The biggest sound for the buck. I have even bought 2 other units for gifts.
If you haven't already, treat yourself to one, or two of these. Yes, I'm a true fan. And, NO.. I don't work at Craig. :)
Peace,
Patrick I.
Livonia, MI
on November 27, 2012
I moved into a new townhouse with my wife and we've been hosting a good share of house parties, where music was a mainstay. We were using a small 2.1 speaker system with an AUX in for playing music, but it was a mediocre arrangement at best. I've seen these tower-style speakers before, but was skeptical of how they'd sound. I took a chance on the iCraig, and I'm glad I did. It charges our iPhones and iPad (even has a groove to fit the iPad in) while playing, and includes an AUX jack and 3.5mm link cable for our non-iPhone owner friends. My only cons are: 1) The remote control is lacking. The range isn't very good and it feels a bit cheap, and 2) There is bass control, but no treble control. The speakers fill two average-sized rooms with good sound, but not being able to control the treble takes the high end out of songs. You can bypass this by using the onboard iOS music EQ, but it's a bit inconvenient. Overall, a great, inexpensive unit. Would recommend.
on December 13, 2012
I must say, I was skeptical buying the product, because my husband is picky and I didn't want to get a cheap speaker. This product surprised us, because the reviews were sort of mixed. Some loved it, and some, not many but some did not care for the sound quality or lack of tremble ajustment. I have to say, this unit fills the room with great sound. It plays music and charges our iPads and iTouch, we connected it to the TV in the family room for additional sound. We were plesantly surprised this device worked so well. And it's easy to move from room to room if you have a party. We moved it outside for entertainment. It's slim and doesn't take up much space.
Completely recommend this product. Can't go wrong for the price and quality of this product.
=)
on January 7, 2013
We purchased this item to use as a supplemental speaker because we were having difficulty hearing our television. We have placed it behind our recliner chairs and ran and A/V cable to the television. Now we can keep the televisions main volume down and still be able to hear the television programs. The sound is good and it doesn't take up much floor space
on December 5, 2012
Hard for anyone to believe this but this sounds absolutely incredible! And I am an audiophile sound quality junkee ! This sounds so good that I went and bought a second one the night after I bought the first one. The sound is FULL, great highs and incredible sounding base... whatever your preference is, I saw another review site of somebody that said this sounded as good or better than their $450 Bose wave radio... I agree... I have a $1200 Yamaha Receiver that I have owned for years hooked up to a $1200 pair of Infinity speakers and this unit on low to mid levels even hi levels sounds more full sounding than my Yamaha.... Just go get one!! That is all I can say, I may go buy a third one, they are that cheap.
on February 16, 2014
I got this version for the better 2.1 quality sound and it is mediocre. The worst part is the design for the remote control. It is useless unless you put it right up against the top of the face that covers the speakers. Why? Because they drilled a quarter sized hole in the face of the unit for the IR remote signal to go in to. This is the stupidest design I have ever seen and renders the remote useless. I will remove the top unit and see if I can route the IR detector so it is outside and in the clear so it can receive the signals.

The radio gets good reception and over all it sounds good and does the job...unless you want to use the remote then it is a total fail.