Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

81%
19%

on February 7, 2003
Craig's album speaks to all American's. Yes he was a soldier (and still is in his heart), but his music transcends that of just the military. His songs range from small town experiences as a child to reflective thoughts on aging and looking back at our all too short lives.
On a personal note, Craig Morgan just completed a USO Tour of AFGHANISTAN. While visiting us I believe he spent more hours awake and entertaining soldiers (often by fireside) than some of us here on a tour of duty may have. He continually and sincerely thanked all of your servicemen and women for their dedication to God and our great Nation. He is truly a role model and his music will speak to your heart, through your soul.
I highly recommend this album, as well as his new album "I LOVE IT" (which he gave freely to all service members here) as a well-worn and oft played addition to your listening collection.
on March 4, 2001
This CD is a great testament of how good country music should sound like. The songs, for the most part, are top-notch material. "Paradise" is a great song about his time in the Army. "I Want Us Back" is a great song, too. "Something To Write Home About" is my favorite. A great song about a man who is excited about a woman he cares about, and wants to tell his parents about it. There's not a throwaway on this CD. The best are "Something To Write Home About", "302 South Maple Avenue", "It's Me", "Paradise", "Everywhere I Go", and "I Wish I Could See Bakersfield." This is good, mostly traditional country music that deserves more airplay than it gets. Keep it going, Craig.
on June 19, 2000
What a wonderful artist! Where do I start... The songs on this record are sure to please your ears. Songs such as "Something to Write Home About", "Paradise", and "302 South Maple Avenue", will keep you in anticipation for the next song. I had to purchase this CD for the simple fact of his voice. A very original, wonderful voice. A one of a kind singer. Please have a listen to some of the samples, I'm sure you will fall in love with his music!
on September 24, 2000
Remember in the early 90s, most country CDs fail to disappoint, there are always those heartfelt songs that you can find in almost all albums. However, time has changed. Nowadays, most country CDs are about having the pop beat, cheap and repetitive lyrics. But thank God for Craig Morgan.
This debut CD is a testimony that good songs still exist in today's country major-labelled CDs. For instance the Dean Dillon co-write "I Want Us Back" is heartfelt emotional plea of a man's loneliness after a breakup. "302 South Maple Avenue" is a beautiful love song co-written by Morgan. The beautiful imageries of home of this song brings back so much memories. Home is also the theme of the tender "Walking in My Father's Shoes," which is tribute to a father-son relationship. "I Wish I Could See Bakerfield" is a moving tribute to Tommy Collins. By the way, the song also features a poignant recitation from none other than Merle Haggard.
The CD is not just filled with sentimentality but there are some humorous songs. "Hush" is one example. It is a lightweighted humorous track about dark side of life people try not to talk about.
The problem why Morgan is not zooming up the charts with this fabulous CD is that Atlantic Records have released all the wrong songs as singles. The first single "Something to Write Home About" is not bad but it's extremely cliched. It's about a guy not writing back to his parents but lately he finds himself writing back because there is a "blonde haired, blue eyed girl" that got him excited. Oh please! On the other hand, "Paradise" the current CD has an irritating intro. The song begins with a marching call-and -response motif. A reflection perhaps of Morgan's army days.
But besides these two cuts, the CDs feature some really good songs performed by a husky-voiced vocalist with lots of country overtones. This is truly a country CD that deserves to be listened!
on October 1, 2003
He can really sing - songwriting is excellent as well. When I first heard Almost Home I felt the same way as I did when I first heard Garth Brooks. I got Craig's first & second cd from listening to that release. Good variety of material on both his cds.

Worth the money for sure!
on August 21, 2000
I heard part of this song and I had to hear it again. After buying the CD I have listened to this song over and over again.I don't know if he was ever in the army, however for those of us that served myselfe from '86 to '96 this song has very strong meaning. my hats off to Craig Morgan!
VINE VOICEon July 10, 2004
Craig Morgan's self-titled debut lacks something his follow up--and breakthrough--"I Love It" does not; but what it is is hard to say. It probably doesn't even matter that much--this is still a good album. It was when it came out a few years ago and launched his career, and it's still good now, especially if you're enjoying Morgan's latest hits ("Almost Home," "Every Other Friday At Five," and "Look At Us").
Certainly this is a traditional album. While he does get his grove on here and there ("Something to Write Home About," the honky-tonking Bakersfield romp "It's Me," the tongue-in-cheek attitude of Joe Nichol's "Ev'rything's a Thing" and "Hush"), he remains his best on the ballads. From the beautiful tributes of "Walking in My Father's Shoes" and "I Wish I Could See Bakersfield," to the stone-cold-country of "When a Man Can't Get a Woman Off His Mind," Morgan reminds us why country music is about the common man and his emotions. He takes a look at his own military career in the touching "Paradise;" comes to terms with love lost in "I Want Us Back" and "Everywhere I Go;" and reminisses in the poignant "302 South Maple Avenue."
This self-titled debut is an album for die-hard country music fans--those of you who like your music with twang and heart. Craig Morgan has largely managed to avoid the pop-edge of most of radio's biggest hits; maybe that's why it's taken a while for country radio to notice him. Nevertheless, he's here, and he's writing and singing for you. Get this CD, and discover what country music is all about.
on January 19, 2008
All I can say is awesome about this review. I was hoping to get this cd right before Christmas for my mom. When I ordered however, it said that I would get it right after Christmas, but thankfully we got it on Christmas Eve. Thank you so very much!
on July 7, 2007
This CD was very good. I just recently just started purchasing his CD's, heard one of his songs and ordered the cd, excellent voice. I am now purchasing all of his cd's
on January 19, 2002
"When A Man Can't Get Can't A Woman Off His Mind" is destined to become a classic. It has the right instrumentation, melody and lyrics. Craig picked a home run song when he chose Bill Anderson's "When A Man Can't Get Can't A Woman Off His Mind".
One of the many songs Craig wrote from this album is "Paradise" which I would think would be climbing the charts with it's military theme. (maybe we should wonder about "the charts".)
"Hush" also has the makings of a great country song. If you enjoy Dale Watson's songs, give Craig a try.