Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 27, 2010
I have had this pump for about five years now. I keep it in a small, saddle mounted pack with tube repairs and tire levers. I swap the bag between road bikes and mountain bikes. I have used it to bring me back up to pressure when I have had flats on numerous occasions. Its a little tough to get used to. (I have found that holding the unit still so the air doesn't escape while you pump requires using my non-pumping hand's palm to be firmly planted against the non-moving end.) Once you have it down, it does a great job. Yes, the short length makes for a lot of upper body work to get the tire up to pressure, but it does a fine job, and yet it fits in a very small space. The selector for high pressure or high volume makes sense, and combining the use of the two makes for a fairly swift repair. (start with high volume 'till it gets too tough to pump, then switch to high pressure 'till the tire is at desired pressure). It has also lasted at least 5 years of regular use with no sign of breakdown any time soon. I may have given it a lower rating during the first year of use as it did take me a while to develop a working process, but for over four years now it has proven invaluable time and again.
on July 28, 2008
I got this pump as a gift, and recently started carrying it as a backup to my frame pump. It works, but it takes a lot of time to get a Mt Bike tire inflated, and a lot of effort to get a road bike tire up to pressure. But it does work on both types of valves. And in high pressure mode, you just have to pump a zillion times to get the tire inflated. But it beats walking home.

I'd buy this pump either as a backup, or if you very rarely get flats, or you can call someone to come get you. Otherwise get a larger pump.
on October 11, 2010
Well engineered, very compact, very light weight, works on presta and shrader valves, rugged, pumps up fast with minimal effort to suitable pressures - Just one thing wrong - Every time I try to disconnect it I loose my air - Yet I have seen others use this same type pump and mine without difficulty - Operator error? - Yes - Maybe I am just getting to old... (if not for my personal inability to use this pump I would award it a high five) - You may want to look at the Lezyne Pressure Drive Hand Pump or another more conventional Crank Brothers pump that threads onto the valve stem...
on April 19, 2010
The first problem with this pump is that while it can be used on presta and schraeder valves, they've marked it so it's never clear when the selector at the top is in the correct position for the type of valve. It's as if they didn't contemplate what would be convenient for the user. The second problem, is that it's hard to get a secure attachment to the valve. And the third problem is that the pump doesn't give you any leverage. So this pump can take you 20 minutes to do what another pump can do in 30 seconds. A poorly conceived tool.
on August 25, 2010
two different nozzles--heck if i know their names. One skinny one fat. Well, this pump actually pumps air into both types of tire-nozzles. So, get it, its worth it. It doesn't do too bad getting the air in nice and tightly either.
on February 17, 2015
This pump nice and super compact it fits in my bike backpack. It may look like a great easy to use pump it's incredibly difficult to pump with. What I mean is when using to pump my road bike to 100psi man my arm dead before I reach 40. When using it on high volume super difficult and high pressure tiny bit of air goes in. I might as well bring my standard pump because it more useful than this and cost much less. If your looking for hand pump I get a different one.
on February 22, 2015
Good pump it's small compact and it can pump both Types of tubes. The only thing is it does not come with a frame mount.
on July 20, 2015
I have had this pump for 17 years (same model but with black not silver handle). Works great and super compact to fit in saddle bags. It will not pump to higher PSI's but its main purpose is to get you back on track. Had CO2 fillers but when you use one and forget to refill it on your next flat; you will wish you had a traditional pump like this one.