Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 8, 2008 4:51:05 AM PDT
D. Watson says:
This DVD comes in one of those cardboard sleeves and is sure to get scratched up from pulling it out of the slot!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2008 8:07:18 PM PDT
I was suitably appalled by this when I saw the packaging at Wal-Mart. There's a few other DVDs out there that are doing the same thing cause plastic's, you know, evil. I guess. Whatever. I wrote a whinny blog entry that you can read when I publish it (on April 10th), at wilybadger.wordpress.com . Suffice to say I was displeased. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2008 8:51:27 PM PDT
Dennis W says:
Those cheap bastards! Even one of those god-awful Snap cases that WARNER BROTHERS used would be better. First time I ever had to POLISH a new disc to get the scuff marks off of it from trying to get it out of the"case."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2008 11:08:49 PM PDT
Michael says:
I saw this crap and the first thing I thought was, "oh, if it wasn't bad enough with cd's, now movies?" What a crock! They rushed the hell out of this movie, the least they could do is put the disc in a basic disc tray so that it doesn't get scratched.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2008 10:32:42 AM PDT
D. Watson says:
If anybody's interested in writing Paramount and maybe having some resolution, here's their customer-service address:
PHE_CustomerService@Paramount.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2008 1:44:33 PM PDT
Brian F says:
Yeah I couldn't believe it. I just got the movie from Amazon and I thought there must be some kind of mistake. I mean I guess it will take up a little less space in my DVD cabinet, even though the case it not even all the way across, but come on. If they didn't want to use plastic, then at least make a standard size cardboard case. Unbelievable.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2008 10:01:21 PM PDT
Brian says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2008 8:33:01 AM PDT
Ok, you make a good point about the enviromental angle. However, I would point out that plastic DVD cases are not likely to end up in landfills anytime soon. I certainly don't plan to throw my collection into the garbage.
And, for the record, I have no problem with trying to preserve the planet we live on. Call me silly, but I think it's a good idea to put an end to pollution in whatever reasonable ways we can. I just don't think this method is particularly reasonable or effective.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2008 11:37:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 16, 2012 1:55:34 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2008 3:47:47 PM PDT
zooni says:
BUY A USED COPY AT BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO OR HOLLYWOOD VIDEO, THEY COME IN PLASTIC DVD CASES.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2008 5:52:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2008 5:54:47 PM PDT
Chubbs says:
When i purchase a 15 dollar DVD I want a plastic case so that it protects my investment, not a cardboard box that scratches the DVD the 1st time I remove it...secondly if they wanna use these crappy cardboard boxes, they should lower the price because it is a fact that these cheap cardboard boxes are much cheaper than the plastics ones, so on top of that they are making more profit (probably their #1 priority) and you just took the bait.... Take your earth day crap to oil consumers and government you fool

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 1:43:04 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2008 6:13:50 PM PST
Christopher says:
For me, it's not that it's cardboard... it's that it's so poorly constructed (and designed for that matter). Take a look at the first season Box Set for Eureka. Now that's Green conscious and design conscious. I don't love it, but they at least thought of the consumer. Get off of your high horse and realize that going green doesn't mean we don't have the right to demand a high quality product.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2009 9:48:35 AM PDT
Using your computer drains the Earth's natural resources too. I mean think of all the energy your going to waste by using that evil machine. You should become Amish so you can protect the evironment. Oh wait, you're not going to do that because you're a hypocrite.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2009 5:04:08 AM PDT
J. Moore says:
"...it is a fact that these cheap cardboard boxes are much cheaper than the plastic ones..."

may I ask from where you sourced this fact?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2009 9:53:25 AM PDT
H. Le says:
I got the cheap cardboard boxed version for $3.00 at Walmart. I dislike the cardboard as well, but for $3.00 + tax, it is a deal compare to the $19.99 2-disc version in plastic box which, according to most Amazon reviewers, offers a very slim picking on the extra.

Posted on Jul 26, 2010 3:10:41 PM PDT
Evil Monkey says:
Just get the Blu ray version. Or make a backup copy of the movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 12:25:05 PM PDT
Not everyone has blu ray players and making backup copies is illegal. That may not be a problem for you, but it is for some.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Apr 8, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions