Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crappy to Happy: Small Steps to Big Happiness NOW!
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

93%

on December 30, 2002
I read this book a few months after getting academically dismissed from law school. I was broke, dejected and many of my former classmates stopped associating with me. I was at a low point in my life.
After reading "Crappy to Happy", my attitude improved a lot. Ms. Peyser's heartfelt tales of woe and redemption are perfect for anyone who is going through a rough patch in their life.
on May 11, 2002
Author Randy Peyser gets my nomination as the New Age Erma Bombeck.
Randy's honest, funny, and vulnerable self-assessment of the baby steps she took (not always willingly) towards finding her own personal claim to happiness offers an imminently doable blueprint for other "struggling souls" to follow.
Randy's humor is infectious, her voice is precious, and her sense of humor is absolutely wicked. Her ability to simultaneously poke fun at herself while offering valid advice to the stuggling soul makes "From Crappy to Happy" a double edged read--informative, yes, but also wildly entertaining.
The stories Randy opens her chapters with will leave you rolling on the floor with laughter at the same time you gasp with a sense of personal comraderie as you discover a bit of "everywoman" in the author's personal struggles.
Then, just as you are drying your tears, this talented author stuns you with universal insights into what really constitutes "happiness", and how anyone can achieve it.
If you feel that you're floundering in your personal quest for happiness, read this book.
If you're already happy, read this book for the sheer enjoyment of the author's insightful wit.
Even if you don't want to be happy, and rather enjoy wallowing in your own misery, read this book for the unique, raucous humor that Randy brings to every page.
on July 5, 2002
I literally have not put this book down since I got it! I'm taking it with me everywhere -- just to have the opportunity to get another laugh, insight, inpsiration throughout the day.
Randy is inspiring w/o being sappy -- funny w/o being sarcastic -genuine, brilliant.
What can I say? I love this book and if you've ever felt the slightest bit [bad], so will you!
This is an excellent book for those not lucky enough to grow up with parents like Ward and June Cleaver...
This author is "real" and very funny. She takes lifes difficult challenges and honestly shares her opinion and experiences, which allows the reader to find her own sense of humor, and even perhaps some joy, as we journey through some of lifes most difficult moments. I have found it very insightful, empathetic, and honest. A very relatable trip down memory lane, for me.
This book has given me a new sense of 'hope'. That, perhaps, even I, can live life in the moment, can walk with my head held high, recognizing my own inner strengths, leaving my shadows to mosey along beside me, safe-guarding me from the 'crap' that ruminates around the next corner. Allowing 'old ghosts' to move "through" me, more gently now, without getting 'touched' every time.
"But for the Grace of God Go I"..... Along with a little help from Courageous Women like Randy Peyser.
I'm drawn to honesty and Randy Peyser's book is one of the most authentic reads I've had in a while. I laughed, I wept, and I learned.
Whether using her own style of swift and discerning humor, or laying bare her own vulnerability, Randy gives us a treasure of a book that enlightens and inspires. She offers tips for emotional honesty (how to "notice and report"), and encourages us to take a deeper look as we journey toward a rich and rewarding life.
"Crappy to Happy" is witty, deeply moving, and a total joy to read!
on June 11, 2002
the book acted as a catharsis for me. it enabled me to vent all my pent-up emotions; i laughed and i cried. her loving relationship to her grandmother touched me so! even tho' i'm a grandmother, i could readily relate to many of her experiences and the manner in which she handled them. i bought the book primarily because i'm a friend of her parents. but i never expected it to be as terrific as it was; i couldn't put it down once i started it.
on May 30, 2002
I thoroughly enjoyed this light-hearted look at metaphysical principles.
Randy Peyser's honesty, transparency, and humor truly shine in this listing of 152 recommendations for happiness. Her anecdotes and illustrations from her own experiences, related in an amazingly droll way, show how she has applied these recommendations to her everyday life.
To read this book is to be inspired, challenged, and to know Randy Peyser (get the spelling right!)--one of the more unique and delightful people on the planet.
on November 22, 2002
Tuck this book into you car glove compartment. The next time you are stuck in a traffic jam, pull it out and flip the pages. Pause anywhere. Read. Better yet, read aloud. You'll find yourself smiling, nodding, and becoming re-energized.
Peyser doesn't dogmatically preach at you--she reaches out to you in a delightfully, light-hearted way. She's a pal who understands how it feels to be crappy and who pulls you chuckling into being happy.