Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on November 4, 2006
Several years ago, I bought two of these sawhorses. I used them for a lot of things but mostly for supporting a door that I use as a portable worktable. They work great. I was so impressed that I bought two more a couple years ago. Recently, one of the original sawhorses collapsed while I had my thickness planer on it. I had not checked to insure the locking mechanism at the bottom of the sawhorse was engaged when I sat it up then later tripped over the leg of it as I walked by.

I put a fair amount of investigation into why the sawhorse had failed and dropped my thickness planer (while it was running). I discovered (1) the sawhorse was a very old model whose locking mechanism was poorly designed. There was no real `positive lock' when it is opened. (This has been fixed-read on.) (2) Because the sawhorse was not locked, it had twisted and pulled the track of the sawhorse away from the bottom shelf. (3) Of course tripping on the leg of the sawhorse with my toe as I walked by didn't help. <grin>

I looked at the second set I had purchased and they had made some incremental improvements regarding the design where the sawhorses locked together. I was glad that I had two of a newer design.

Because I love these sawhorses, ordered a replacement for the one that had collapsed. To my delight, I discovered the most recent design of the sawhorse had been redesigned so there is a very good positive locking mechanism when you open the sawhorse and put the bottom shelf down. It `clicks' into place and is held there with a great amount of resistance. Once in place, it is a very stable and strong sawhorse even though it is very light. I was quite pleased with the upgrade. At this point, I think I should replace the other sawhorse that came in the original pair so as to alleviate the possibility of the remaining `old design' sawhorse collapsing.

These are GREAT sawhorses, especially if you are tall. Don't be fooled by other yellow and black folding sawhorses. Purchase Storehorse brand. They are light, take a lot of abuse (throwing them in the truck, etc.), fold to store in a narrow space and once properly deployed, are very strong. And, if you are tall like me, you'll appreciate the absence of the `half bent over' posture while you are using them.

I would strongly recommend this model sawhorse.
11 comment41 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2005
I bought a pair of these saw horses a while back at another location at a time when I needed a set. The 36" height is great! No bending over to stain, measure or cut wood. I was so glad to see them listed on Amazon that I quickly ordered another set. They are strong, sturdy, light and fold right up. Another thing I like is that they stand when folded so they don't have to lean against something while storing. You will love these saw horses......I sure do!!
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2010
I own three of these horses. I'm 6'2" so the extra couple of inches was a welcome change of pace from the standard horses. I've seen a few reviews the mentioned that these horses tip over too easily. However, the laws of physics apply to ALL sawhorses. They will tip over if you push or pull them at an angle. They are intended to carry a load in vertical fashion.

Pros:
1.) Nicely compact when folded yet fairly sturdy when open (considering it's "footprint").
2.) Smart design for a dumb user.

Cons:
1.) Tops come off too easily. A real pain in the butt.
2.) I'd imagine a replacement top for one of these would cost you your first born child.
3.) Too expensive! I'd buy a couple more if they were (...)
on August 14, 2006
I am not an experienced carpenter and bought a pair of these sawhorses to use in my first wood project (building an arbor). They worked well and have been a great help! They also store folded in nearly no floor space.
on September 3, 2009
Finally ... a sawhorse for the rest of us! Well ... maybe the tall of us.

As an avid DIYer, I have lots of "Honey-Do" projects every weekend - cut plywood sheets, peg board, paint doors, refinish doors, etc. Up until now I have used more traditional sawhorses which were of the 30" variety. Not being as limber as I was in my youth, my back would stiffen when bending over to work on items held by my older sawhorses.

Enter the Storehorse and my back no longer bothers me when I do prolonged work. Their 36" height is perfect for me.

I was a little skeptical when they arrived - had to send one back due to poor packaging and damage - because I am not used to working with "plastic" sawhorses. However, they are very strong! They have steel tubing in their legs that really confers a good amount of strength. I have no concerns that they will not hold the loads I put on them.

I have also found them to be extremely stable - which is very important to me. Once opened and the bottom shelf locked into place, their stability and strength make for a worry-free and well supported session.

The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is that the hand cutout for locking and unlocking the bottom shelf seems to be rather small and scrapes my knuckles - quite severely actually! I have taken to not using the cutout and snapping the shelf from where it attaches.
on December 2, 2008
My favorite thing about these sawhorses is how sturdy, but lightweight they are. You can set them up with 1 hand
on March 2, 2010
very strong, 36" tall is worth the extra money. No bending over as far. very sturdy and strong. I own 3 sets and can't say any thing bad about them
on March 31, 2012
I have a set of these saw horses and find them very handy. They are super light weight and easy to set up. I kept a hollow core closet door so I can set-up a decent work area in a couple of minutes. These are excellent compared to the miserable B&D Workmate stands that always leave me cursing because the stupid foot pads that keep falling off (and the effort it requires to set them up)
on September 29, 2010
The first was shipped in a box and received in perfect condition. The second was shipped in a plastic bag, arrived broken. Replacement for the second was shipped in plastic bag, also received broken. I'm very disappointed that I've had to go to another company to obtain a replacement item. It's taken me over three weeks trying to get an unbroken item and I'm still one short. I don't know why they decided that shipping in plastic bags was the way to go. Although, I have always had good service on everything else I've ordered through Amazon, I am very disappointed with this transaction.
on October 19, 2005
I ordered one pair of these sawhorses and was so impressed with them that I ordered a second set---extremely strong, easy to set up, and maintain. I also added a second shelf on the lower level. These are being used in a greenhouse for plants for the coming winter. In summer they can be easily folded and put away. Thank you for a superb product!