5.0 out of 5 stars This is a craft item...not a toy
Last year I used Crayola Fabric Markers for a VBS, t-shirt, craft project. I tested the fabric makers on an old t-shirt to see how easy they would be to use. Children from 1st grade through 6th grade were coloring in a t-shirt design. I was very pleased with these markers, they were much easier for the kids to use than fabric crayons or fabric paints.

When...
Published on September 11, 2009 by Lynn

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs out way too fast
I bought these for a small crafts project and the markers began to run out only a small way through -- the amount in these markers is just laughable. Be prepared to buy a dozen packs of these if you need to get anything significant done.
Published on November 22, 2010 by Jason

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a craft item...not a toy, September 11, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)

When coloring a design on a t-shirt, the fabric must be kept tight. I put a copy of the design on a magazine, then placed the magazine, with the design on top, inside the t-shirt. (so the design could be seen through the shirt)Then stapled around the design, keeping the shirt tight. I prepared 80 t-shirts in this way.

The colors are bright & don't run. The markers should not be shaken, should be re-capped as soon as possible, and should be stored in a horizontal position.

The design must be heat set which can be done by ironing the back of the design using a back and forth motion for 4 minutes...or...the design can be placed in a dryer, using the hottest setting, for 30 minutes.

I have bleached the sample t-shirt twice, surprisingly the Crayola Fabric Marker design was not affected. It's as bright as the first day I made it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, June 18, 2008
S. Godwin (Abbotsford, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
We bought the Crayola Fabric Markers to use with a craft for our daughter's 6th birthday party. She had a pajama party (without the sleepover) and we thought it would be fun for the kids to colour pillow cases to take home. Nice, bright colours. Not messy at all. The kids all had a blast!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, May 6, 2007
A. Gomes (Rio de Janeiro - Brazil) - See all my reviews
It does the job. You can draw on your t-shirts and it will stay there. It didn't come out after washing. Grandpa and Grandma loved the T-shirts that the grandchildren made them for Christmas. My son's school teacher also loved the one she got with the names and drawings of each kid from the class.

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs out way too fast, November 22, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars A brand comparison: Crayola is good but not best, August 29, 2014
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)
I bought three brands of fabric markers: Crayola Fabric Markers, Stained by Sharpie, and TULIP 28976 Fine Writers Markers. This review is a comparison.

The TULIP were my favorite, hands down. They flowed just right, neither too dry nor too watery. The colors were vibrant. I will be ordering more.

The Sharpie markers have the advantage of not requiring heat-setting. Unlike most fabric markers, these don't call for ironing before washing, which saves a lot of time. However, they were also the driest of the three. They weren't dried out; but it took more strokes to fill in an area.

The Crayola markers were the wettest, so much so that I got bleeding between colors. This wateriness makes it easier to fill large solid areas, but you need to be careful to wait a few minutes for the color to dry before drawing with another color in an adjacent area.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ink ran out, June 13, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)
We purchased the 10pk of markers for a birthday pajama party for our daughter. Five girls were decorating pillow cases. After the second girl, the ink began to run out in the markers. The girls were not even coloring whole pillow cases, simply using stencils. The girls were very disappointed, as was I. Now I know why they sell them in bulk - so you have enough to finish a project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snowed in? SOOO No Problem!, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)
Hearing about an impending snowstorm and worried about entertaining my boredom-prone children I went to my local crafts store and went shopping. While most were stocking up on bread, cheese, milk, eggs, frozen pizza and cereal I loaded down on construction paper, glue, scissors, markers, crayons, finger paints and just about anything else I thought would entertain my kids.

These markers looked intersting, and at the last minute I threw them into the basket as well.

I'm so glad I did.

These markers are super-easy to use. I mean, they're basically just markers. I opened up a package of Hanes undershirts and let the kids go to town. They made their own jerseys, they made pajama shirts, they made "I survived snowpocalypse" shirts. Once finished with their projects I stuck them in the dryer (as instructed) to let the colors set. After that, the t-shirts were done. Countless washings later the t-shirts still don't disappoint. The colors are still there - much like our flag, the colors of the t-shirts don't run once set. Markers on fingers wash off easily, and they don't stain any more than other markers would.

I'm very pleased with this product and would definitely buy again (but hopefully won't have to!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for simple projects, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)
I got these markers for a baby onesie party and they did what they were supposed to. Nothing special but the colors were vibrant and stuck onto the fabric. Haven't washed the designed onesie yet to know how long the colors last.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a craft item...not a toy, September 11, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, September 4, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers (Office Product)
I'm a quilter and I'm always looking for products to use for marking on fabric or for modifying my fabric. I happened to find the Crayola Fabric Markers on clearance at Walmart and bought a box to take home and try.
I loved them! They made great images to use in my quilts. The ink is easy to heat set. I went and bought all they had left!
I'm just glad to know that I can find more sets online and can recommend them to my quilting friends.

Crayola 10-Pack Fabric Markers