4.0 out of 5 stars finally a toy that is even better than the commercial....
My 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son both love this dome. It is actually fun to watch. The beautiful colors and the circling action of the dome are really beautiful. It is made of a heavy duty plastic that wipes clean easily. Love it...also it is only $[...] at target
Published on December 6, 2009 by Pat

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a one-hit wonder.
Published on December 25, 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a one-hit wonder., December 25, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
Kids are supposed to draw on the dome, then flip the switch for different light shows. While the colors are interesting and pretty during the light show, there is no reason to play with this more than one or two times. The "hook" of this toy is the new experience of drawing on the dome, and then having your crayon drawings turn magical colors. Once the kids got past that, they were not interested in playing with it again. That's ALL the action it has gotten in my house even when other kids have been over. It is not easy to clean -- an adult will have to clean it each time -- and it is very, very loud. Do not waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars finally a toy that is even better than the commercial...., December 6, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Loud and Limited Play, December 9, 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
I bought one of these for my Grandson who is a big fan of light-up drawing toys. This one was dissapointing. It's not easy to draw on, and it's definitely not simple to clean, especially if the ink is left on it over night. The unit makes an obnoxious noise.
After a while the Glow Dome loses its novelty and it becomes a dust collector.
I was expecting something better from Crayola.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, but it probably depends on your target audience, February 5, 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
Bought it for my 11 year old daughter for Xmas 09. I only paid $18.00, I don't suggest you pay much more than that if you can help it, because you may or may not get that much entertainment value out of it. My daughter used it once so far and found it pretty "cool". She likes arts and crafts, etc.., but this item can lose its mystique pretty quick. She did some designs on it, enjoyed it for what it was and was pretty much ready to move on. I think kids today are exposed to so much by the time that they are 11 these days, heck most of her friends either have cell phones, itouchs or both. Its not like when I was a kid and Lite Brite was like heaven on earth and we played with it forever. Younger children will problem really enjoy this toy alot if they haven't been over exposed to alot of hand held electronics. Just don't pay a lot for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crayola Glow Dome, February 8, 2010
KB USA (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
My grand daughter had to have this for her 8th birthday and was so thrilled to receive it. She seemed to have really enjoyed at first but has since lost intrest in it. I think it maybe better for younger children as she is at an age where she enjoys a challange and this maybe just too young for her. As far as the toy itself in concerned it is nice, very colorful, well made, and easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 16, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
I bought two of these domes for $18 each. Why? The first one quit working after the second use, it stopped turning and one set of lights didn't work, so I returned it for another. The second one had the exact same problems from the beginning. So, I returned it for a refund. I contacted Crayola, and all I got were canned responses like, make sure the batteries are new and the room is dark and the switch is on, I'm not stupid people, so no help there either. I was highly disappointed in both the product and Crayola's customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't reccomend for young children/toddlers, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
Bought this for my 3YO wanting a fun nightlight. Thought drawing his fave chars would be a nice addition, but he is just too young and it's too loud. At times it helps, but think I should have waited until he was older. It's deffinately durable and strong though. He has taken it apart to stand on with no problems. I also reccomend keeping the markers stored away. He got into one and it dried out fast. He does have a thing for space atm, so the instructions for the space theme was nice, and I imagine could lead to fun as a space education tool later.

4.0 out of 5 stars rachaael's carolyn glow dome, June 8, 2010
Angela C. Babin "blinky" (madisonville, louisiana, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
rachaeal is really enjoying her glow dome every day. she has put own art work in it and lights it everynight. she loves it and has wanted one for awhie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda neat, but some practical problems, January 4, 2010
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
This is an interesting toy, that produces a neat visual effect. With the neon glow and rotating dome, you can generate some fun, kinetic effects that will delight creative kids.

However, I have two gripes:

1) No AC option; batteries only. I like devices that can switch power supply, but this uses only batteries, quite a few in heavy use. I wish the base had an AC socket. I don't even care about an adapter. I'll pick one up from an electronics store if I want one(they're @ $15) -- but that's not even an option with this design.

2) It's hard to clean and scratches easily. I've tried a couple ways to clean this and all seem to leave marker residue film on the art surfaces. I haven't tried a cleaner like Windex, but that shouldn't be necessary for a kid's toy.

Also both the dome and internal pane seem to scratch easily, leaving marks visible when the light is on. Diminishes the effect.

Anyway, like I say, kind of neat but those drawbacks give me pause. If you can pick this up for under $25, it's not bad. More than that (like I paid) and it feels like a clunker.

[...]

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to play with, even for us older "kids", January 19, 2011
This review is from: Crayola Glow Dome (Toy)
I bought this for one of my nieces for Christmas - she is 8. At first, she was off playing with it by herself, but then we couldn't help but join in the fun. This thing does more than I thought it would do, and me being too lazy to read the instructions, she had it all figured out on her own anyway. We used some boxes for a body and made the dome a big glowing robot head. Then she made it into a volcano. It was very cool, especially with the lights turned off. I was really impressed with this thing, and it was well worth the small price (I would have expected to pay about twice this much). The shipping was fantastic, I ordered it last minute and it was delivered very quickly. If you buy this for a kid, bring a couple AA batteries with you, because they will want to play with it right away!

Crayola Glow Dome
$39.99 $7.61
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies