5.0 out of 5 stars Even great in College!
Im 18 and in my first year of college. Since begining of high school after i finished my first pottery class , i went to go buy some air dry clay and see how well it does to the techniques i learned on the Earthenware clay that required a kiln. I've tryed a few brands of it, but this one has the closest consistancy to the earthenware so far that i've found.

I...
Published on March 5, 2012 by Anzu

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked at first, but then
Published 20 months ago by Crumb Duck

5.0 out of 5 stars Even great in College!, March 5, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)

I use this at a College/semi-proffesional level.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW!!
1.) if its extremely WET, its like that for a reason. This clay can dry very fast depending on how much you work with it, your hands adsorb miosture so it's wet for a reason.

Work with it, it'll become dry and you can work with it easier.

2.) IF IT's DRY add water,as all air dry clay you can just add water let it sit there and then it'll turn back to its original state. If you made something and its already dried out, crumble/break it up and put it with enough water to slightly cover it back into the little tub it came with. It'll turn into a mud like conistancy but can be used again, open the tub for a bit everyday till it drys back to a clay texture, or if u dont mind getting dirty just mold it with your hands back and fourth and it'll dry back to clay texture.

3.) if something falls off, just wet the ends a bit let them get a little (idk a good word to desribe it) gummy/tacky and stick them together and smooth the crack over. It'll fuse back together as it dries again.

4.) if you want to paint this, use acrylic or latex paint. It will make it semi-resistant to water. If you want it rlly water resistant buy a clear air drying glaze from the craft store. They make it resistant to water.

5.) lastly you can make small thin details with this, but it takes practice and patience. You will need to add a few layers of glaze to protect it from breaking easily. In certain pieces that i know i will paint later, i take serran rap and glue it over the piece where-ever it might break easy ( this is a slow process but it will make it rlly resistant to breaking)and then paint over it a few times.I can say this is worth the time to do, i have made a detailed butterfly coy fish with this process, its been banged up a bit but has yet to break.

Good Luck and have fun with this great product

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked at first, but then, December 15, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
I made many things with this clay, though fragile, it was working fine. I took time to make the objects intricate. They sat happily on a shelf. I say "sat" not "sit" because after a year they literally started turning into dust. Then disintegrated into fine white powder with bits of paint in them. Only a few remain, but I can see they are also deteriorating. If it's for a short project, where you'll discard the clay after a few days go for it. If it's for a long term item? Buy something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars fine clay, December 16, 2009
MariaP (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
Good quality clay. It does not crumble or produce dust when dry. My daughter enjoys it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crayola Air-Dry Clay (5t lb bucket), December 30, 2009
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
Bought this for my 6 year old granddaughter. She has had a lot of fun with it. She found it easy to use by herself. Even though the product is firm, after rolling it in her warm hands, she was able to mold it easily. I think this is a great product for anyone who is artsy. I like it because it lets her imagination run wild and she can create whatever she wants to. I highly suggest this for those who have a creative side to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive toy for creative kids, November 29, 2010
Hazel (SAN DIEGO, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
It is a lot of clay for the price. My 8 year old daughter had good time with her friends making all kinds of little animals, cups and other crafts with this bucket of clay. It is not messy, easy to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, February 22, 2011
H. Vu (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
Good product. If you keep the lid on, the clay will last very long. Takes up water color very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with Clay, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
My daughter used this clay to make food for her American girls. Then after it dried she painted the items. I was pretty impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars No heat needed!, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
This clay fit the bill perfectly for a middle school summer class! The students were able to mold the clay into replicas of pots, pitchers, and baskets very easily. The clay dries overnight and then get ready to paint! Students loved the hands-on activity and it really wasn't that messy. I lined desks with plastic or brown paper bags and let them dry overnight on a piece of a brown bag with students name on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in seconds, February 23, 2013
Outslayer (California,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
Ok, I bought this clay because I wanted to make a gift for my little sis on her bday. I usually use sculpey but I decided to try this one since it is air dry and I wont need to bake it. It was soft and easy to sculpt with. I was pretty happy. So I made this key for her from a cartoon she loved and it took me quite some time to make it and paint it. I put it in a special pouch and gave it to her. Seconds later she came almost crying and showed me a broken wing and swore that she barely touch it and it broke. Since she is a kid , in my mind I though she just wasnt careful. So I took it and glued the piece back together , repainted it and again got a pretty pouch and gave it to her. When she took it out of the pouch it was broken again! In another place! I couldnt believe it! This time I wanted to cry. Once again, being very embarrassed I took it back. I couldnt understand why it kept braking. Then I carefully pressed on another part of it and it broke! I then crushed the whole thing literally just by lightly pressing on it. I was extremely upset! This clay was a piece of crap ! I cant imagine what can someone use this for or why someone would make it and sell it! This clay is like chalk. You know how easy it it to break a piece of school chalk? This is exactly how this is ! Shame on you crayola !Shame on you !

3.0 out of 5 stars Air Dry Clay is much more challenging for me to use., December 20, 2013
This review is from: Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White (Toy)
I thought I was ordering the Crayola Model Magic clay. It was my fault for being in to much of a hurry to check the label. This clay does work but takes much more time and skill to use. It cracked on my project. I called Crayola and found out that you have to put it on something that has some give in it(not so rigid). I was making snowmen and I used the clay to wrap around a styrofoam ball. I should have used a ball of tinfoil. It would not have cracked.
I really like Crayola.com website. They give you the information you need if their product does not perform like you want on your projects. I hope this tip helps.

Crayola Air Dry Clay 5 Lb Bucket, White