5.0 out of 5 stars So Fun
Published on December 19, 2010 by vamommy

1.0 out of 5 stars Day feature is useless!
Published on December 27, 2010 by Christy

5.0 out of 5 stars So Fun, December 19, 2010
vamommy (Midlothian, VA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my nephew but couldn't resist "testing" the product myself. It is true what the reviews of the regular night only version of this say. The glow effect does not last long enough to make very complex pictures. That said, it doesn't diminish the play value of this toy. There are so many effects and ways to use this my husband and I could barely stand to put it back in the box. The pen can be used to create airbrush type effects. If you place it close to the board a bright small area is illuminated. Hold the pen further away and create a hazy dispersed glow. The drawings remain on the board long enough to make the product enjoyable.

There are endless possibilities for creative play. I would definitely recommend this for a child who needs fine motor improvement.

I should warn, I was not thrilled with the day featured. It seemed like you had to hold the pen up to the board much longer to create a blue line and the effect was not as stark as the glowing lines. If it were a question of price I would not have opted for the day version.

1.0 out of 5 stars Day feature is useless!, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
My son got the Glow Station, night time only, last year for Christmas and it was a huge hit. He saw an ad for the day and night on TV and wanted it for this Christmas. The TV ad is completely misleading! The picture on the box is misleading! The daytime blue line is barely visible and completely disappointing. My son was so frustrated by it that we had to put it away before he started crying. If you are considering this product, buy the Night time only version, it is tons of fun and a real crowd pleaser. Don't bother with the day version, it is useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves it..., December 11, 2010
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
Good for little kids and big kids. Who doesn't like to doodle?
Fast delivery, and good price. Win, win all over...

4.0 out of 5 stars It Glows! Its Magic, October 3, 2011
M. Formica (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
We got this for my 9 year old, but he only played with it a couple of times. His four year old younger brother, though, can't get enough. Loves to create glowing pictures, and then magically, he can create a new one. Good quality toy and very good for the kids.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I thought, January 10, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
From the video this looked like a great toy. The problem is that once you write on it in the day (or night for that matter) the writing doesn't stay on it for more than a few seconds. I thought it would be a cool way for my daughter to write stuff on it like a poster and just have it on all the time. It was pretty disappointing when the words and shapes just disappeared.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just WONDERFUL!!, February 16, 2011
Honey (WASHINGTON, DC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
I gave this to my god-daughter for christmas and she just loved it!! She played with it for most of the day. She really like the fact that it glows in the dark. A must buy for the creative side of a child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you can find it cheap, December 27, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
My kids both (ages 5 and 9) think this is great. The day feature is lame and doesn't work well, but the night glowing is fantastic. But, I found this for ten and wouldn't pay more than fifteen for it. If you can find it for under 15, it's a neat toy. The only thing we don't like at all is that it has to hang on a wall or lay flat on the floor since it's basically just a sheet of paper that glows. After only a week, ours has creases in it because the kids would rather sit up in bed to play with it on their lap. It's just not a durable toy at all. I expect it to last about six months, a year if we're reallllly careful with it. I'm thinking about cutting off the plastic ends and having the sheet laminated so it doesn't fold and crease as easily. For the 25-30 pricerange that crayola has put on this, that's something that should already have been done. Overall, fun, but not durable so don't pay a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Everyone, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
I was a little leery of purchasing this product based on the mixed reviews. I happened to be at a nearby store - the one with the bullseye logo :) and got the last one on the shelf, at clearance for $9. I figured for that price, I didn't have much to lose and if it didn't work out, I could always return it. I had purchased the item over the summer and decided to save it until my daughter's 7th birthday in the fall. Like most kids, she loves anything "glow in the dark".

We've used the product for a few days now and she loves it. My intention was to set this up on the wall in her closet, so she could go in and play with it during the day. I was going to use 3M Velcro strips. I got it all set up and we wer playing with the board on the floor while waiting for the strips to "set". After playing with it on the floor, we found that we wound up using it horizontally rather than vertically (there are hooks and such to hang the stencils, but you have to hang the board vertically in order to make use of the hooks). And we found that we'd rather play with it sitting on the floor than having to stand up to use it on the wall. Like other reviewers have said, the day mode is about useless. And the pictures fade fairly quickly. The pictures also are not clean and crisp, like shown on the advertisement. Drawings are somewhat blurred and when you use the stencils that come on a sheet, the light still hits the outlines of the other stencils, so you will see dim outlines of everything on the sheet, including the hole on the sheet intended to be where you hang it. When you use the single stencils, it will kind of glow around the actual picture as well. Basically anywhere on the board that light even barely hits will glow a bit. So if the expectation is that the drawings are going to look as neat and crisp as the advertisement shows, that is not going to happen.

Bottom line is that the product is vastly oversold by Crayola and does not live up to the misleading advertisements. I'm sure if I hadn't read the reviews and expected the product to be more closely resembling the capabilities of what are shown in the advertising, I would have been very disappointed. But knowing what to expect, and having gotten the item on clearance, I would say it was a worthwhile purchase. My daughter, who has seen advertisements for these types of "glow in the dark" drawing products on TV (namely one where you sit in a tent and draw on the walls), is thrilled with this item and hasn't even mentioned any disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for younger kids, June 30, 2011
L. Cruz (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
My nephew was so excited when he got this for his 5th birthday!! It kept his attention and he loves being creative with his dad.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it, February 6, 2011
This review is from: Crayola Glow Station Day & Night (Toy)
My kids love this toy. they take it with them at night when they lay down in bed. They got it for Christmas and 2 months later are still playing with it. Great buy

Crayola Glow Station Day & Night