- Save 10% each on Qualifying items offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET when you purchase 5 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Crayola Treasure Adventures - Nintendo DS” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 48% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.59 shipping
Crayola Treasure Adventures - Nintendo DS
|Price:||$44.99 + $7.99 shipping|
- Draw, color and dthink your way through different exotic locations and adventures
- Transform your stylus into 120 authentic digital Crayola Crayons
- Over 110 pictures to color in the digital coloring book
- Play mini games such as connect the dots, jig saw puzzle and speed coloring
- Earn rewards of bonus crayons and pictures
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
There are two phases to the game, which has a little back-story about three stolen color crystals and colors disappearing all over the world. There's the Adventure mode, where you complete jigsaw puzzles, join-the-dots and speed coloring; and there's the coloring book.
Adventure Mode: Fairly easy puzzles that can be completed by most four year olds without help.
1. The Jigsaw puzzles have all the pieces the right way up, so all you need to do is find where they go and slide them in place. This is a novel way of introducing puzzle solving.
2. The Join-the-dots puzzles require only basic counting knowledge. Just touch a swirling rainbow and the puzzle appears.
3. The speed coloring game requires that you color flashing objects quickly, before a character fades away.
4. The Boss Challenge is the part where you catch a robber and color him in order to get back the missing color crystals.
5. To complete the Adventure Mode, you have to track down three robbers in different locations, unlocking crayons and coloring pages after completing each game.
This leads us to the Coloring Book, where the fun really begins.
1. By completing the Adventure Mode, you will now have 120 crayons to play with and 110 different pictures in six categories, namely dinosaurs, vehicles, farm, ocean, zoo and adventure.
2. Simple button options allow you to choose colors, erase mistakes, use a narrow or wide tipped coloring tool, and even choose between crayon and marker.
3.Read more ›
The coloring aspect of this game was exactly what I was hoping for. The colors are bright, there are lots of pictures, and it makes good use of the touch screen. For these aspects, I would give this game five stars.
However, this game only gets a three from me because there is no save option. When you color a picture, it's erased when you turn the DS off. That's pretty much a deal breaker for me, so I gave mine away.
DOESN'T SAVE...but the children don't seem to mind. I kind of do, but they don't...well at least when I explain they can't save their coloring, but they do get to color it again and again and again. Sometimes I take a picture of them if they particularly like their work (on my good digital camera, or on my cell phone).
I was upset that it didn't have any free drawing...until one day I saw that there is one that is a picture frame, and on the inside of the frame you can draw whatever you want.
Also, you can only draw in marker or crayon. And it does NOT let you color out of the lines.
Sadly, he lost this game the other day, because he was carrying it around and being kind of a "naughty 3 year old." I don't want to replace it because, I am waiting to buy it used...unless I find the one he's lost. Really, you can't go wrong with this game...unless your little ones are playing more advanced FAST PACED GAMES, and have Lost the youthful enjoyment of slower paced games.
P.S. My 3 year old has high functioning autism....doesn't sit still too long, but he actually does sit longer while doing this game.
Not only do my 3 older children enjoy coloring on this, but I (39 years) even enjoy coloring on this game...not as much as "Imagine Artist" which has painting and color pencils, but it still allows for a lot of colorful fun.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My 4-year-old received this game for Christmas. He loves it! It contains jigsaw puzzles, connect-the-dots, coloring games, and more to unlock coloring pages and crayon colors that... Read morePublished 9 days ago by Brian Taylor
Great game for my 4 year old. It has directions to read but they're very quick directions you can explain to your child once and they'll get what to do for next time. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Macey
This was for my grandson and he enjoys playing the game.Published 12 months ago by Barbara W Sweeney
I expected a little more from crayola and was disappointed. My daughter enjoyed it but since she cant read she couldn't really play the store mode.Published 14 months ago by Mr. Kandelac
This game is great for kids. One of the few that young kids can play themselves on the ds.Published 16 months ago by amber
My son has always been interested in art, so I bought him this game. He had a great time playing with it on his DS. Read morePublished 21 months ago by KristenTag
wow, so easy for the little ones. good fun. for the kids too young to handle an ipad, the ds is sturdier and this is a great beginner game.Published 23 months ago by mom with kids loves toys
if you have child who enjoys coloring then this game is a must it keeps my daughter entertained on long road tripsPublished on January 21, 2014 by I. Gotto