1.0 out of 5 stars Messy Marker, October 19, 2007
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
My daughter received these as a gift. We quickly discovered that while she was enjoying the animal shapes the markers were quickly making a mess of her and her surroundings. Since there is no cap from the moment they were out of the package she could color on everything within reach. Also, since the marker dot is on top everytime she tried to hold the animal up to look at it she'd put her hand on the marker and color all over her palm. These would have been much neater if they had used the color wonder technology in them. Even though she was closely supervised she still managed to make quite a mess...so if you love messes these are perfect. Otherwise, you might want to look at Crayola's less messy alternatives.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money - A Big Glob of a Mess, January 8, 2008
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
Now I know why you shouldn't give kids under 2 yrs. old markers to "draw" with. Crayola Tadoodles are nothing more than a vessel with gobs of liquid color blobs floating out of it. They are a mess. I threw the ones I gave my 19 month old for xmas in the garbage today.

I'll just wait several more months until I can sit with him with crayons. Right now I'll stick with the aquadoodle.

Tadoodles are too messy - colored liquid flows out like a waterfall.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plain old crayons are better, November 5, 2008
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
We received these as a gift for my kids when they were 2 1/2 and 16 months and they quickly landed a spot in our weekly garbage. This idea seems to be a great intro to art for smaller kids, but as the other reviewers have commented, they just end up making an enormous mess. I am a parent who encourages my kids to be free with their art expression, but these Tadoodles are ridiculous. Also, my kids had already colored with traditional crayons for a while before trying these and the shape of these markers confused them. They kept holding the marker so the face would 'look' at them while they drew (which is upside down)...drawing on their hands instead of on paper, which made them angry because they couldn't understand what was wrong. From now on, I just give my kids crayons, colored pencils and paper and supervise their art projects.

Did they test these things on real toddlers *and their parents* before manufacturing them??

1.0 out of 5 stars Try twistables instead, June 30, 2008
J. Hoffman (United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
I completely agree with the other reviews--these markers are a good idea that fail miserably. They are very messy (even when they aren't leaking), and the ball-like appearance turned out to be a bad idea (at least for my toddler who loves to throw balls--ink all over the carpet!!!). And when he tries to put them away in the "car" holder that we also bought, he gets even more ink all over him. I rarely pull these out, they are so messy. I like Crayola's twistable crayons for him much better--he can't eat or break them like he does with regular crayons (even the triangular crayons marketed for toddlers aren't as good as twistables), and he is learning how to "draw" with them. We have had both the tadoodles and twistables (and Crayola's color wonder markers and fingerpaints) since he was about 9 months old, and hands down the twistables are my favorite--and I think he likes them too, since he can draw and "write" like his parents do with pens (he also likes to sort the twistables, put them in and out of the package, etc). Come to think of it, a pen would be less messy and a better choice for you and your toddler than using these tadoodle markers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, December 6, 2007
new mom (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
These crayons are of a completely horrific design. The crayon falls out of the holder CONSTANTLY. Do not waste your time and money on this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Such a mess!, December 28, 2009
T. Rhodes (New Mexico, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
I got these for my 16 month old son for christmas thinking they'd be great for him as he loves to color. I opened them today and luckily I tested them out before I gave them to him! Upon first trying to draw with them huge amounts of the ink spills out, making a huge puddle soaking through the paper and getting on everything. I tried all 3 thinking maybe it was just a fluke but each one did the same thing. After letting them sit a few minutes they were not as bad, but still quite messy. Definitely a toy that you'll have to supervise closely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that horrible, August 27, 2009
D. Wenning (Leominster, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
I find these work well if I sit with my 17 month old and help him. We use giant coloring pages and talk about the animals and the colors. It does get on his hands and arms but washes off with a baby wipe. I make sure he's dressed appropriately before we start. Bought them during a buy one, get one promotion so when/if I do toss them I'm not out a lot of money. How hard is it to sit and help your toddler for 15-20 mins, their typical attention span?

1.0 out of 5 stars Messy and frustrating!, June 23, 2009
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
Good concept, I guess, but completely impossible for a young toddler... First, they are weighted on the bottom, so the marker part is always on the top, so every time my daughter goes to pick one up, she gets marker all over herself. Then, if I hand it to her the correct way, you have to hold it exactly upright to color with it - my daughter kept trying to color at an angle, and since the marker part is flat, it didn't work, which just made her frustrated. So, she started making dots with them, like a stamp, which just made ink splatter all over the place!
These are complete garbage (which is exactly where they ended up!). For the same amount of money, you can get a box of fat crayons and some construction paper, and your child will have MUCH more fun with it!

1.0 out of 5 stars hate them!, December 14, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
I thought these looked like a cute idea, and that my son would love them, so when he received them as a gift I was excited. They really did just make a huge mess! Also my 20 mo. old son couldn't really hold on to them. He can hold a regular washable marker just fine- so we'll stick with those. Really, believe the reviews and DON'T BUY THIS! I think Crayola should stop making these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly messy, January 18, 2009
This review is from: Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown (Toy)
This product was HORRIBLY MESSY. the design for toddlers was a great concept but the ink leaked all over the place! Now I'm not objected to messes but this was ridiculous!

Crayola 3ct. Washable First Marks Red, Green, Brown
$12.18
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies