Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 28, 2016
I am still kicking myself for not realizing how good a singer Lynda Carter is! Like every other person, I remember her as Wonder Woman, but as it turns out, she is really a wonderful woman! An amazing talent, and very seductive voice that really shows her range on Crazy Little Things covering classic hits that are excellent choices for her style of singing!

I feel guilty that it was her work with the Bethesda game "Fallout 4" (she voice acted the character Magnolia) where she composed and performed five songs, and they were REALLY good. So good, I tracked down "who the heck is that?" and was quite surprised when it turned out to be Lynda Carter. Some people get the looks AND the voice (and the peppy, fun attitude). I hope she and her very skillful band make a CD with the Fallout songs on them (one can hear them by searching Youtube), along with other sexy original jazz numbers.

Crazy Little Things is soft, easy listening - everyone knows the songs (or at least most, depending on age and if one has taste in music), so overall it is quite comfortable listening to the songs driving, dining, etc. It's better than "background" music, as the skill of the band and sound of Lynda's voice will constantly pull you into the songs.
on August 10, 2011
I remember Lynda Carter from "Wonder Woman", of course, but did not know until recently that she had built a second career as a Cabaret singer. If this album is sufficent evidence, she has done so very well indeed...

As to specifics, Lynda does better with the old standards than with the semi-country numbers. The title cut, "Up On the Roof", "Chattanooga Choo-Choo", and "Sentimental Journey" represent her strength while "Desperado" and Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" I could have done without. "Locomotion" is a good enough song but the arrangement here is way too quirky.

All in all, a fun record. Good sound and album presentation. Nice photos...at 60 she's still hot. No booklet, if you care. Four stars not five because of the country songs, but still a nice disc...
on January 18, 2014
Love it. There is something utterly soothing and comforting about this lovely lady's voice. The quiet songs ease and stir old memories, while the others bring a cheer with the lifting beat. My favorite song so far is Up On The Roof--she captured exactly what I felt years ago when I took refuge above a city to rest the heart. My second is Leaving On A Jet Plane--the soft sadness and gentle hope is just plain beautiful.

Her voice made for perfect company to the close of a long exhausting day, I honestly couldn't have asked for a finer way to end it.
on May 9, 2013
Well, to play on the title, it wouldn't be false praise to say that I'm crazy about Lynda's CD, Crazy Little Things. She's a singer with obvious respect for the lyric, even the way the production was mixed demonstrates that -- with the vocal being "out front" and not buried by the band.. The arrangements are inventive and very classy, not overblown or cluttered but nicely understated. Her choice of songs shows a lot of confidence in her ability to sing a variety of styles and she does them all well. The actual timbre of her voice is enjoyable to listen to. And her original song (co-written with Kerry Marx), "Jessie's Song", is really a well written heartfelt tribute.
In short, this is a CD I really enjoy and I don't hesitate to recommend it to folks who like good solid Middle of the Road music -- if such labels are indeed helpful or even necessary. I mean it rocks, it swings, it soothes, it amuses -- what else can you ask for in a CD. And the cover is easy on the eye as well.
on May 5, 2011
Lynda Carter is not new to singing, in fact this is her third release. She just keeps getting better. This CD, Crazy Little Things, is not just covers, but covers in a way that no one has done. Lynda puts her own spin on these tracks as she has done in the past. "Locomotion" you may know from Little Eva or Kylie Minogue but when you here Lyndas, it like when Adam Lambert sang on American idol he made the songs his own as Lynda does with this CD. Lynda not only put her originality on the covers but she also has one son which she wrote for her daughter, "Jessie's Song", which shows her tlaent for writing asd well as singing. My suggestion is to buy this CD it has so many moods that when you're down it will pick you up. Lynda can't wait for number four, that would be a good title for the next. Thank you for not making us wait 32 years for your next, CD. Lynda you should put "Treat Me Like A Lady" on your next one, for those of you who have never heard it it is AWESOME. Again, it show her talent cause she wrote that one as well.
on February 3, 2012
You can tell when a CD is really good because you can play it over, and over again, and still find new creative stuff in the songs you missed the first time. Having said that, the CD is a little slow to start with "Lets Stay Together" as the opening song. Ms. Carter's vocal range prefers up tempo and high notes which is where she really shines. There are slower songs that are as good if not better than the originals. "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" are INCREDIBLE. Another slow number is "Jesse's Song" which is by far a superb addition. And, by the time she gets to the big band swing songs you can't help but sing and dance along with her. The faster the tempo and the higher the notes and the lady is rocking out the CD. Her vocal versitility and dexterity with what are VERY hard songs to sing is amazing. My one complaint on this is that I would not have started the album with a song like "Lets Stay Together." I would have loved more big band and swing. Ms. Carter has a voice that can lead a large band and I would have loved much more of that.

As someone else has already said, the snippets on Amazon or on Ms. Carter's song cannot do justice to such great musical arrangements.
on May 10, 2011
I first saw Lynda on Wonder Woman in 1975 when I was 13. She released her first album in 1978. It was the first LP I ever bought with my own money from my fist job.

I loved that album and always waited for the second, which never happened. Lynda had 5 tv musical specials but no more recorded output except for the single "The Last Song" which was never released in the U.S.

Finally, not too long ago, she released a collection of old standards after 30ish years. I enjoyed that but it didn't register with me so much, probably due to having some other favorite new albums at the time it was released.

Then I saw that "Crazy Little Things" was to be released. There was a week or two until the release date and I almost forgot about it. But then, I was on my way out of town for a work project and remembered to buy it from Amazon as I waited at the airport for my flight.

First night out of town, I get to play it. What a treat! Starting with "Let's Stay Together," it's a collection of pop/rock classics that Lynda dresses up with her own special style. Her voice has become richer over the years.

There's a warmth to her style that has improved with age. I hope that this gets some exposure and more people get to hear it for her benefit. I'm not usually a fan of albums of remakes but as well as I know most of these songs, there is enough variation from the originals that they sound new and fresh. It has a nice mix of upbeat songs and ballads.

If you've ever liked Lynda, buy this and give her a listen. It'll give you a lift!
on September 22, 2011
They say that the last organ to age are the vocal cords. Ms. Lynda Carter's vocal cords sound no more than thirty. She has pitch, clarity and resonance. She has it all.
What really popped out for me in this album were: "Cazy Little Thing Called Love", "C'est La Vie (You Can Never Tell)", "Choo Choo", and "Let The Good Times Roll". I would love to hear more songs like these.

The listening samples on Amazon do not give justice to the songs on the album.
May I suggest to the reader to pull up Ms. Lynda Carter's Site and hopefully
the songs from this album will be playing. Good Album. Very Good Album.
If you don't get this album, you will miss out, listening to one of the most versatile performers of our time. Ms. Lynda Jean Cordova Carter Give Me More.
Christopher Curry (aka) Paul Ricci
on November 20, 2011
Wow, this album shows what an all round talent Lynda Carter is. I loved her as Wonder Woman and other Acting roles, and I love her singing voice. This Album is a great Album to add to any collection. Her version of "Crazy little thing called love ", is really wonderful, as is the rest of the album. I feel this is a must have for any music lover.
on May 28, 2011
"Crazy Little Things" is Lynda Carter doing what she loves to do, and doing a fabulous job. Her voice and style are in top form. But as a follow-up to "At Last", I think "Crazy Little Things" might be even better. "At Last" had a very intimate feel to the arrangements, whereas "Crazy Little Things" is much more layered and lushly produced. The results are beautiful. "C'est La Vie (You Can Never Tell)" and "Choo Choo" are pure fun. "Up On The Roof" is an absolute stunning ballad as are a number of other songs. But the absolute awesome "Let The Good Times Roll" is worth the price alone. These are the standout tracks for me, but the whole album is so beautifully produced there isnt a bad song to be found. If you liked "At Last", you'll love "Crazy Little Things". I'm crazy about it.