Even though I'm a professional writer, words fail me. I'm sitting here at my computer with my fingers poised in touch-type position waiting for one gigantic capsule of brilliance to come out. Nope, still nothing. So I'll make my rave less-than-brilliant. Even though her DVD is genius!

Three words: Get this DVD. Six words: Even if you don't have cancer...
Published on March 17, 2008 by Martha Finney

3.0 out of 5 stars She' great. Informative movie.
Very good, a little bit of poor me but then who could blame her. Very inspirational. I liked it and would recommend it.
Published 3 months ago by samaire

5.0 out of 5 stars An Invitation to Health, Life, Love, Hope, Joy, and a little Juice on the Side, March 17, 2008
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)

Three words: Get this DVD. Six words: Even if you don't have cancer.

Kris Carr has done the miraculous: She has turned the whole conversation of cancer and healing and empowerment, and creative control upside down to invite all of us to look at our lives and even mortality through brave, fresh, fun, authentic eyes. She's a delight to watch; informative to listen to; an inspiration to emulate. She may actually make me do the unthinkable: shove kale down the feed tube of my juicer and give it a try. (Needless to say, I'm a juicing newbie; but her influence is bringing this Chocolate girl around.)

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Sexy Cancer, May 10, 2008
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
Here is a wonderful exploration of young folks with cancer. Her worldwide search for cures and potent diets are inspiring. I work for hospice and plan to reccommend this video and companion book to my patients. The extras on the video include yoga for healing and vegetarian diet help. I think that this is a very important video for most people as nowdays we all now people struggling with this disease. Also for those of us who want to avoid cancer, there are plenty of tips for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and charming, April 10, 2008
Amy Jarvis (Fond du Lac, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
I saw this on TLC, and it's a beyond charming look at what would normally be a private struggle with cancer.
Kris Carr is an amazing inspirational young lady and she inspired me so much to live my days to a much more full extent!
She has an open heart that she is sharing with the world.
I have purchased a few extra copies for friends now as I don't want to give up my own.

I'm not sure why her name is not FIRST on her DVD (lists Rodney Yee who stars in an extras chapter)!

5.0 out of 5 stars When I was ready, the book was waiting, November 18, 2008
Diane E. Bretz "Bretzy" (Cornwall, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in May 2008. Had surgery, found out the cancer spread to my lymph nodes and liver. I was scared to death. My friend Marganne kept telling me about the Craze Sexy Cancer lady she was on TV, and wanted me to read the books. It took me months to find the courage to start reading about cancer. I thought the more I read, the more I researched, the more I'd see that I was in big trouble. Well, I finally got the books six months later, and my life has been turned around. So many things clicked with me, that I can say, WoW, Kris totally gets it.

since ready her book, a had to make some changes to Team Diane!! I let go of my oncologist at my primary hospital, whose bedside manner didn't jive with me, and now see a second year oncology Fellow, who works under the first oncologist. He is so patient with me, hugs me when I need it, and is not afraid to hold my hand and look me in the eye and explain what is happening to me. As it turns out my new Main Man at Penn State Hershey Medical Center was in residency with one of my two oncologist I see at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. My Team calls each other with ease to discuss my case. Thank you Chris for giving me the strength to let go of a very, highly trained oncologist, for someone who is also highly trained and educated, genuinely cares about me.

This is just one of the many truly life changes experiences that have come out of the CRAZY, SEXY, CANCER series. I've got my GalPal's, who comes to chemo with me, and turn it into a party. I try to turn everything I do into a little party.

Sincerely,
ryderone@verizon.net

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope during a difficult time, May 7, 2011
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
As someone currently fighting cancer, I had been looking for almost anything in regards to fighting cancer on your own terms and being pro-active in your health care. I would go for treatment everyday (and still do) but when I leave the hospital and go home, nothing I did at home would be beneficial towards fighting cancer. I felt like my doctors were doing the work but that I wasn't putting in any additional effort, just going with the flow. I wanted a resource that was also geared towards young adults battling cancer. This documentary is about a young adults' cancer journey and not just sitting by as doctors performed tests on her, but by also being pro-active and taking an important role in her healing journey, through nutrition and eastern forms of healing. This documentary has helped to inspire me to make a change in my own life, outside of cancer, so that it may benefit me and change the course that my disease has taken. This documentary for me is one step to seeing my healing journey in a whole new light and to helping me become more aware of what I can do to help myself. I highly recommend this movie for cancer fighters, survivors, caregivers, friends and family of those with cancer and anyone who wants to be able to better understand the opportunities that are available for us to become active participants in our health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformation!, March 19, 2008
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
Every time I see it I pick up another gem. This documentary isn't about cancer, it's about wellness, about living. We ALL need to step back and examine how we individually and collectively are living our lives. And how that is impacting the health of our species. Kris had an in-your-face wake up call. What is going to take for YOU to start truly taking care of yourself? I recommend starting with this DVD! Absolutely inspiring!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this DVD!, January 29, 2009
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
I saw this documentary originally on TLC and I was absolutely captivated by the beautiful spirit, attitude and determination of this amazing woman. I am so glad she released it on DVD and I think it is very inspiring and uplifting. This is a must have for people seeking inspiration and seeing how Kris deals with adversity in a very positive, real way. She left such an impression on me and I cant recommend this highly enough....unforgettable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and engaging film about a scary topic, October 26, 2008
E. Karasik (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
I applaud Kris Karr for taking us along on her frightening but inspirational journey through "cancer world" -- a scary place from which everyone is in theory just one doctor's appointment away. The film documents not only Karr's own struggles but those of several other young women who have taken a kick-a** attitude towards battling their disease and finding meaning within the harsh new reality they have been dealt. Because Karr is so young, beautiful, and surrounded by loving family and friends, she makes an arguably atypical protagonist with advantages other cancer patients don't have. But more power to her -- she uses her abundance of energy and charisma to document with grit and honesty some extraordinary individuals and some fascinating aspects of cancer treatment, both conventional and alternative. And she never loses her sense of humor and irony, making this film surprisingly entertaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars For a young person with cancer, this is very uplifting., September 3, 2009
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
I'd heard so much about this book on the 'cancer support' blogs that I wanted to read it and was so pleased to get it at such a good price. The attitude is very uplifting for a person experiencing cancer, as long as you can accept the author's 'non-religious' way of dealing with her diagnosis. Some readers with cancer may not be able to accept a person who didn't have to have surgery, chemo or radiation as representative of their own cancer journeys, and may not relate to this author. Most of the author's avant garde diet and bowel cleansing routines to hold her cancer at bay were over the top for me, but if you have an open mind and are able to read around her ideas you disagree with, there are many good tips and life-affirming philosophies that make this a worthwhile read for a cancer patient/survivor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cancer one day at a time, May 3, 2008
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer (DVD)
Chosen for our annual Women's Film Festival 2008 this was an uplifting view of one woman's fight against her cancer. It also interviews other young women who are dealing with the disease. It is brave and sad, and hopeful.

Crazy Sexy Cancer
Crazy Sexy Cancer by Kris Carr (DVD - 2008)
$19.99