Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 16, 2008
I caught Kris Carr's documentary on TLC and was really impressed with how real, raw, and relatable she was. I got her first book and couldn't wait to get this one too. Her message of being true to yourself and finding strength in seemingly impossible situations is something that anyone can relate to--not just cancer patients! And her suggestions for optimal nutrition and healthy eating make sense for anyone interested in eating better and feeling better. Cancer and adversity are such difficult situations to deal with, it's nice to find someone who understands that, but who also understands that sometimes you just have to yell back and be irreverent and not be afraid to be yourself so that you can find the strength to take control of your own situation and take care of yourself. I love that with this new book there's space for you to write in your own thoughts and feelings and to find your own inspiration as a means of empowering yourself in the face of cancer or any other adversity you may be feeling.
on July 18, 2009
This book clearly defines the difference between most younger and older cancer patients, particularly in the area of language. Since I'm in the (much) older group, the title turned me off, but I read it on the recommendation of a friend. Once past the language, I found the book loaded with information and wit. While I don't agree with all her recommendations, she thought of many things that never entered my mind when I was diagnosed. She refuses to be a victim, but continues on in her determined, proactive way. Good for her!! We need more written for this unfortunately growing group of women.
From personal experience, I can say that a cancer diagnosis, and the aftermath of treatments, out of control emotions, and fear, can leave us feeling VERY sorry for ourselves.

Enter one crazy, sexy, "CanSer Cowgirl", Kris Carr. In her newest book, Carr shines her encouraging light on anyone who is willing to look for a way out of the darkness that cancer brings into our lives.

I loved her first book, and this one did not disappoint. In every way, it lives up to its subtitle of "more rebellion and fire for you healing journey."

Kris Carr's chapters on diagnosis, treatment, mind, body, and spirit, offer suggestions and an upbeat philosophy that can help you cope even when you're feeling tired, overwhelmed, and very, very afraid. Her story, and the stories of her "cancer posse" are inspiring because they illustrate a tenacious WILL to live well--DESPITE cancer. (And there is the beginning of the end of the pity party.)

If you, or a loved one, have cancer, try this book. And light a fire under your own healing spirit.
on May 14, 2014
This is one of three books that I got for my friend who is battling triple-negative breast cancer. She has wanted to read this book, but didn't have it, yet. She is an amazing woman with a great attitude, but of course going through what she's experiencing is frightening and difficult. She was so happy to receive this book. It really gave her spirits a much-needed boost.
on September 11, 2009
This book brought me my first smile after my diagnosis of DLBC lymphoma. I read it while on a trip through Eastern PA, and while I may not subscribe to all her ideas, I couldnt help but see her point of view and enjoy her candid humor. I did find her website to be the best I have ever found for any type of cancer, & I highly recommend it. This is not the book if you believe in passive heathcare practices.
on September 23, 2014
I learned about this on Urbanette Magazine's Twitter. This book was just about the only thing that made me feel less alone. The book is super fun to read, all color and cool layouts, with a ton of useful info.
on October 30, 2013
Kris Carr can give you a sense of control and hope in a desperate situation. This book has made all the difference to me. Even if you don't have cancer, I'd recommend it because we all have things in our life that hit us hard and this will teach you how to cope.
on August 9, 2015
This was the first book I read when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I HIGHLY recommend it to any cancer survivors. It was informative yet funny and slightly sarcastic at times. She does not have kids and wasn't married at the time so I related to that as most books are written from married with kids perspective. FABULOUS book. Must read!!!
on September 21, 2012
I do not have cancer as far as I know.
I do however love to eat healthy and this book is loaded with healthy information.
Also, Kriss has a beautiful spirit and personality.
She lifts my spirit just reading her book.
For all of you health conscious folks out there this book a great read and one you will want to keep.
on December 30, 2009
Really lifts your spirits and makes you feel more connected with others who are enduring the same journey. It's also a good book to pick up and put down (in case your not feeling up to a continuous read)...Warning!Can cause spontaneous smiles.