Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 25, 2012 7:55:57 AM PDT
It's crazy that the only thing that gets me excited for the Wii U is a 3rd party game from Ubisoft. It seems like Nintendo doesn't even know what to do with their own systems anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 8:54:34 PM PDT
DcalebX says:
It's the launch of a new console, so you'll have to give it some time to get some heavy hitters. The only reason Wii had a Zelda game at launch was because it was being developed for Game Cube when they decided to release it on Wii too. I think the fact that ZombiU is 3rd party and that I'm excited for it is actually pretty awesome. A lot of people usually get Nintendo systems for the 1st party games, so it's interesting to be looking forward to 3rd party ones.

If you have some time, look up the launch titles of other past consoles and compare it to the launch lineup for Wii U. In comparison, I think you'll find that Wii U has one of the best console launch lineups despite few 1st party offerings. Personally, I'm looking forward to getting Assassin's Creed III, ZombiU, and New Super Mario Bros. U on launch day, but I might replace one of them with Pikmin 3 if it ends up being a launch title.

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 5:42:22 AM PDT
Same here, Zombi U seems the only title for me thats interresting to get with the Wii U Release.
Dont get me wrong, its nice to play the same and same Mario Stages with every new N-System again, but I think New SMB 2 was the last time I
spend money on the same-old-since-years game again. Whats left to get on Wii U release ???

By the way : The new Coverartwork of Zombi U ( British style guardman Zombi ?) is just awful. Hope thats not final artwork, even simple black with Zombi U logo looked better.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 3:44:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2012 3:46:20 PM PDT
warren blyth says:
DcalebX: agreed. Though, I believe pikmin3 is confirmed to be slipping well into next year. (take heart, The Wonderful101 will be launch title. and has similar gameplay).

I expect the negativity around WiiU is just a vocal minority (online mirage). They're offering so many new gameplay innovations that current gamers' brains are just shutting down. How else can you say there is nothing new? it is very strange. reality distortion.

I'm excited about a new SMBwii that lets one person affect the level. ditto rayman. i'm excited about changing over to a second screen in ZombiU (which i'm sure will be stressful as hell). i'm excited about the RTS possibilities in TheWonderful101 and pikmin. I'm excited about my wife using WiiU Fit while I watch tv. I'm excited that Amazon's Xray video enhancements might be coming over from the kindle fire to TVii. i'm excited that NintendoLand explores a disneyland-style appreciation of their long running franchises, and offers mini-games with some depth (instead of the one-note gameplay of the wii sports mini-games).

I'll almost certainly get Aliens: Colonial Marines on WiiU for the motion tracker gimmick. Probably also get Epic Mickey2 and Tank!Tank!Tank! and Runner2.

I see endless possibilities for WiiU and a damned diverse launch line up. very exciting.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 3:34:14 AM PDT
trent82 says:
I just wanted to say that I completely agree about the cover art. It's absolutely atrocious.

Also, Warren, where did you see anything resembling confirmation regarding Pikmin 3's release being "well into" 2013? From everything I saw, nothing was said other than it will be a launch window title and all launch window titles are expected by the end of March. It's been 8 years and this is just getting stupid.

I'm hoping for something like the GameCube launch where there were a bunch of day 1 titles in November and then there was a little second wave in December that included the original Pikmin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:00:19 PM PST
I. Miller says:
One thing I don't quite get is that Nintendo makes Zelda and thus knows when they are planning to release a new console. Why don't they time development of new Zelda games and mario games and other ones to coincide with the release of the new console?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 1:32:55 PM PST
daniel i think nintendo ordered ubisoft to do zombim, im pretty sure they did. the japanese are some smart guys...

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:49:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 4:50:58 PM PST
V. Fernandes says:
You know what's crazy, that a so called gamer finds only one interesting game in the 50 games for the launch window. If you dont like either Batman or mario U or call of duty or Pikmin 3 or Assassins creed or Rayman or Aliens, the only explanation is you dont like games, period. At least 1 of those would interest any gamer in the world, this is probably the most diverse launch games of all time for a console.

I. Miller
the explanation is that Mario 3d and Zelda are the biggest Nintendo Games, those take time to develop, even if developers had the kits 2 years before the launch, it might not be enough time. Those games will have to be perfect. A proof of this is the several Pikmin 3 delays. Big Nintendo Franchises usually launch when those are perfect with no bugs and properly tested.
Think about Skyrim, I bet that game took years to make on an already learned system. And it took months until the bugs were sorted out. And even now it's not sorted on the ps3 completely.

Plus, Nintendo has a lot more on their hands now, with the online features and such.

trend82
The gamecube/wii/n64 launch is nowhere close to the wii U in terms of number of games. Plus, the wii has full backwards compatibility, plus eshop games, plus VC on wii mode.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 12:00:36 AM PST
I was talking about launch day not launch window, and most of the games you listed are not exclusive to the Wii U.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 4:39:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013 5:14:07 PM PST
V. Fernandes says:
Mr Daniel, no console has had more than a couple good exclusives at launch, if any (360/ps3). This happens with every console launch ever. ZombiU, Nintendoland and NSM U are all fantastic exclusives, all completely different from each other, unlike some other consoles with mostly shooters. Also, assassins creed 3 came just one day after the other consoles, black ops2 came the same week, those were brand new games at launch despite being on other consoles also.

PS3 best launch titles - Ridge Racer 7, Resistance

360 best launch titles - Condemned, Kameo, Project gotham 3

WiiU best launch titles - NSMB U, ZombiU, Assassins creed 3, Black Ops2, Nintendoland

Wii best launch titles - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Wii Sports

PS2 best launch titles - Dynasty Warriors 2, Ridge Racer V, TimeSplitters

Xbox best launch titles - Project Gotham Racing, Dead or Alive 3, Halo: Combat Evolved, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Gamecube best launch titles - Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm

Dreamcast best launch titles - Sonic Adventure, Power Stone, Soulcalibur

N64 best launch titles - Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64

PS1 best launch titles - Ridge Racer

NDS best launch titles - Super Mario 64 DS

3DS best launch titles - Pilotwings Resort

From this list I assume the xbox and wiiU had the best day 1 titles. People tend to forget History, as you can see, there were no lack of launch games at all. The ps2 and wii had the most success of home consoles ever, both launched with less good games than wiiU, not to mention games on the eshop for wiiU.

''One thing I don't quite get is that Nintendo makes Zelda and thus knows when they are planning to release a new console.''

For the same reason that 360 didnt launch with halo 3 or ps3 didnt launch with metal gear 4 or GT5. Development takes time, the biggest games take a long time to develop, even if developers had the kits 1-2 years prior it might not be enough time. For this reason I will predict the ps4 will not launch with a brand new metal gear or GT6 or uncharted day 1 and the new xbox will not launch with a brand new Halo or gears of war. Its only normal.
ZombiU and NSMB U are low budget games developed in maybe a year tops, Nintendoland is also basic, those barely use any power of the wiiU. Black ops 2 and Assassins 3 were in development before, porting to wiiU is a lot quicker than building from ground up. The first true WiiU game from Nintendo will be Pikmin 3.

Read again what DcalebX said, he was spot on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 25, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
ZombiU - Nintendo Wii U
ZombiU - Nintendo Wii U by UBI Soft (Nintendo Wii U)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (241)