Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 9, 2011
I love hot cereal for breakfast, and I've always liked Cream of Wheat but it has almost no fiber in it- 1 gram. Cream of the West has 6 grams of fiber per serving however, and tastes even BETTER. It has a nutty, hearty, delicious flavor but a very creamy texture. You can microwave it in 3 minutes and it doesn't get all those nasty lumps like in C of W, it's so easy! I like to add just a little salt and a dash of cream and it's a scumptious, filling, and healthy breakfast for both children and adults. I love it!
on April 3, 2009
Like a lot of people, I grew up on hot cereals and old-fashioned Cream of Wheat in particular.

Graduate to something WAY better: Cream of the West Roasted Wheat. This is a whole grain product, not just the starchy farina part of the wheat. It's better nutrition and digests very well.

Easy to stove-top cook, give it a vigorous boil to bring out the flavor. Microwaves well, too. Highly recommended.
on July 20, 2011
This is the best tasting hot cereal around. It has a nutty flavor and my body craves it. Don't over cook it or let it get too thick, just bring the water to a boil, stir in the cereal and take it off of the heat and it will thicken up on its own. A dab of butter and a little bit of sugar or erythritol sprinkled on top and you have a good breakfast side. I wish I could roast my own wheat and get the same flavor, but I have not had any luck with experimenting recipes. I can't find it at the grocery store on a regular basis for some reason, so when it is in, I purchase all they get in and store it in the freezer to keep it fresh and weevil free. I would love to get this from Amazon, but almost $10 in shipping is ridiculous. If this ever goes on super saver shipping, I am a customer. Until then, it will be hit and miss when I can find it on the grocery shelf.
on November 30, 2014
Most whole wheat products feel grainy and taste a bit "off" compared with the stripped-down (less healthy) white flour versions, but somehow "Cream of the West" Roasted Wheat cereal avoids this problem. At first I wondered if maybe they mix in white flour with the whole wheat flour, but the ingredient is just one thing: "Hard Red Wheat." We used to buy this at the stores in California, but when we moved to Tennessee we could no longer find it, so I decided to order it from Amazon. Delicious. Tastes as good or better than Cream of Wheat, but better for you.
on December 3, 2012
Since i was a child i have loved Cream of Wheat and my mom fixed it for us often, especially in the winter months. Since studying the South Beach Diet and learning what the effect that white grains, breads, potatoes, etc have on the body, I have gone a long time longing for Cream of Wheat, but doing without as the products in the stores are not made with whole grains. Cream of the West is made with whole grains, has 6 grams of fiber and is very nutritious. It is very easy and quick to prepare, the flavor is wonderful if only made with water as the package directs. One could add brown sugar, raisins or other ingredients if they choose. Every time I eat Cream of the West cereal it is a treat, but I enjoy it often whether in the mornings or as a late night snack. I am delighted that I found this healthy hot cereal on line and I've been excited to share it with my friends and family.
on January 28, 2015
I used to use the "Cream of Wheat" brand of whole grain Cream of Wheat, but I could no longer find it in the store. I looked it up here at Amazon, but it cost more than I wanted to spend, so I tried this brand. The other brand has all kinds of ingredients, while this one has only organic whole wheat. This brand is creamier and better tasting.

Also, if you add one tablespoon each (give or take) of cocoa and agave nectar, it is like the Cocoa Wheat hot cereal that I used to have as a child.
on November 19, 2015
This cereal has such a nice consistency and tastes really good. I recommend you stir constantly for the 3 minutes you are cooking but it comes out really flavorful. Add a little milk and brown sugar or your favorite topping of fruit it's a lovely and healthy option for hot morning cereal. We are hooked on this. My husband used to eat cream of wheat but he said this is so much better. I've never had the other so I'm glad I found this one first!
on January 6, 2014
I learned about this product in a hotel restaurant in Glacier National Park; they call it "Cowboy Porridge" and it is delicious. Made from ND Red Wheat. it is easily prepared, nourishing and sticks with you on cold mornings!
on July 20, 2013
Great stuff. Simply a whole wheat farina, but where else can you get something like this anymore? Not in your grocery store. This is a very quick cooking, whole wheat hot cereal, basically just like Cream of Wheat or Bear Mush, but totally whole wheat from hard red winter wheat grown in Montana.
on September 19, 2013
Huge fan. Love the product when I found out it was the old cream of wheat. Only thing is they only ship UPS which adds $10 to the price, almost doubling it! I still buy it and would recommend it.