5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Scrapbooking!!!
Published on April 6, 2009 by Marsh Grass

1.0 out of 5 stars Kid Disapprove.
Illustory is so much better. My niece did not like this one at all. The place to draw the pictures was limited and unlike illustory...you have to pay for the shipping of the envelope! So, all in all...it cost more than illustory and it is just not as good.

Published on May 27, 2012 by Candy K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Scrapbooking!!!, April 6, 2009
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
The Bookmaking Project Kit is an excellent learning tool. My 9 year old granddaughter, who recently returned from a trip to Disney World in Florida, had the option of scrapbooking her vacation or creating her own hard bound "travel guide." She chose to be an author by using the Bookmaking kit. She enjoyed writing in her own words, adding pictures and designing her own cover. As a part time art teacher and grandmother, I highly recommend this creative gift for any child or young adult, who wants to let their imaginations soar.... The finished bound book returns within 2 weeks, stamped with your young authors name and titled to their request. TWO THUMBS UP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but is it giftable?, December 18, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
There is no doubt this is an excellent, lasting gift kids will "eventually" enjoy. It's obvious they will have to wait for the finish product and that's a good thing. I was a little unimpressed with the packaging as far as gift giving is concerned. It arrives in a plastic pouch and what you really get (to give) is a stack of blank paper and a paid receipt for binding.. This is a gift that has to be explained otherwise a young child might think he was cheated somehow. This shouldn't dissuade you at all but be prepared to spell out what is is and how it works. I ordered one to be shipped directly to the recipient and one to be hand delivered. I am a little nervous about the former. Although this is a great idea and will be treasured for years to come, it might be better to save this for a craft project.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kid Disapprove., May 27, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)

Updated...all they did was bind the pages together! My niece though it would be typed up like the illustory so, he just wrote it in pencil. Turns out when she got it back...she could erase everything she did. Why not just sell an empty blank book. I can buy 20 blank books for the price of this ridiculous product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Become a published author!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
I bought this as a gift for my grandson a few years ago. He loved it! After he wrote his own story and sent it in to be printed, I was there to enjoy it with him. It was such a hit his younger brother asked for the same thing this Christmas. I can't wait to read his story!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea..., January 30, 2014
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
I bought this kit for my 10 year old niece since she loves books and plans to write her own someday. I expected the kit to be of good quality and was very disappointed with the cheap contents. This may be good for a toddler or young child (under 6).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bookmaking Project Kit makes a great gift!, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
We bought this bookmaking kit for my 11 year old nephew on his birthday because he likes to write stories and is homeschooled. His mom was impressed with the whole idea and my nephew got started soon after receiving it. I'm thinking of getting another kit for him again in the near future so he can write a second book. They had no complaints and I think the price was reasonable. I'm pleased that the company offers it. It gives children more incentive to write and it's sure to be a keepsake for years to come. I think it's wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars gift for grandchild, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
This was a great product that was easy for my granddaughter to use. The turn around time on returning her printed book was quick.
I bought this for my granddaughter a couple years ago. She is still talks about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Personalized service was excellent! Excellent Product! Well worth the price!, March 8, 2014
M (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (Toy)
I ordered this with trepidation for my nine-year old. They shipped quickly and everything was as described. My daughter easily used the pages and followed the instructions to write and illustrate her own book, complete with a cover page and table of contents. Once she finished, we sent it off for binding.

About 4 weeks later we received a beautifully bound, hard-cover book, with gold embossing title. The quality is excellent and the finished product completely professional looking. Included was a hand-written personal note to my daughter about how wonderful her story is and they even shared their favorite part of her story. Nice touch.

We will be buying this again, as my daughter loves to write and illustrate, and it is really special to have something so beautifully and professionally bound. Well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 17, 2014