5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PURCHASE!!! GREAT BOOK!!!, May 7, 2009
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
Dr. Colozzi has created a workbook which truly allows you to look past the current paradigms you have created in your life and get to the truth of where your talents, values, passions, calling, interests and skills intersect! It is with the meeting of these understandings about yourself that you obtain the vision and confidence to go after the career of your dreams!
Often times, we feel that we must fit into the mold of whatever generic job we see out there, and we forget to think out of the box of what we can create OR to look into a totally different arena of the world of work that is a better fit! The sky is the limit if you take the time to understand your own potential and your passion!
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is searching for a career that does more than pay the bills. If you want to live an inspired life...this is a great first step!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Interactive!, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
I recently read "Creating Careers with Confidence" and found it to be the most accessible, practical and thorough approach to career development I've seen. There IS no substitute for "field" research, as Ed points out; or for a student digging into occupational facts in his regional market. Ed really removes the intimidation factor with his practical, interactive guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, teacher and class!, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
Great book, learned of it through his teaching in a great class! Thanks so much for your work! carol j

5.0 out of 5 stars An All-Time Favorite Career Book of Mine, November 27, 2012
Stevie "S Puckett" (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
This book is an important and inspirational self-help career discovery workbook. "Creating Careers with Confidence" by Edward Anthony Colozzi will help you answer the question "What career is right for me?"

Dr. Colozzi walks you through a process that is grounded in career development theory. It is very insightful and lots of fun! His caring, creative, and intuitive style oozes through the page when he encourages you to trust yourself in self-assessment as he simplifies decades of complex career research to make it inspiring and practical.

The most exciting part about doing the exercises in Dr. Colozzi's book is that you end up with a list of occupations that are a good fit with a thorough understanding of why. Also, you will have a step-by-step guide to occupational research. Even more impressive is that you will have a decision making process at your finger tips as he spends a whole chapter on "key concepts for making successful career-life decisions."

There is a strong emphasis in this book on career-life roles. This is so important in combination with personal values. Without considering this aspect, all your career plans are more likely to get blown out the window as you enter different life stages. Dr. Colozzi also does a phenomenal job presenting stress tips and exercises which can help enable a higher quality of life.

Also, Dr. Colozzi's personal mission is worth noting as it influences every enthusiastic word he writes in the book, "I have devoted my life to dealing with people's innate need to discover their callings and to be paid adequately for contributing their gifts in ways that provide meaning and purpose, to achieve more balance across life roles, and to learn how to believe in themselves again."

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Ed Colozzi, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
If you have ever had questions about "What should I do for a living?" then you need the book Ed Colozzi wrote.

When Ed came into my world in later 2009, I was at a life/career crossroads. After several years as a published writer and business marketing coach, I suddenly found myself like many in the job market! Having skills and ideas, I could not seem to connect the dots. As I used to tell my clients, even a coach needs coaching.

So in late 2010, I bought Ed's book. It got me started. Wish I had not waited so long, but that is moot. Following the book's assignments, I had also several sessions with Ed. But if you cannot afford time with Ed, you cannot afford not to buy his life changing book.

If you are at a crossroads, whether happily or unhappily employed, underemployed or better yet in school wondering about your path, asking "What should I do with this life I have been given?" then I urge you to buy his book. It will change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing Approach for Job Seekers and People in Transition!, January 24, 2011
DrSal "sallyg" (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
The pressure of finding satisfying, well paying work, and balancing one's life during a career transition, can be very stressful. Ed Colozzi's unique and artful approach is a refreshing change compared with traditional career publications. Creating Careers with Confidence (Pearson/Prentice Hall), is based on the best of career development theory and current research, and uses storytelling, mythology, nature, symbolism, characteristics of the Hawaiian culture, and inspirational quotes to guide readers on their important journey through the career development process.

Ed, a Bostonian who spent a good part of his adult years in Hawaii, re-defines career as he presents his unique perspective on making career-life choices including self-knowledge assessment, occupational research, evaluating life roles, discovering person-environment matching, and learning effective decision-making strategies. He provides useful Internet links and an appendix packed with practical tools related to stress-management, time-management, academic advising, resume writing, and job interview techniques, making this self-paced workbook an enjoyable and invaluable read for high school seniors, college students, and adults in transition seeking new employment directions!

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable book by an expert in the field, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Creating Careers with Confidence (Paperback)
I used this book recently when I was a client of Ed Colozzi, the author, at his private career counseling practice. I strongly recommend the book.

I have struggled with my career for a very long time, so I have read a great many books on the subject. Most of the other books I read were filled with platitudes, pop psychology, and fluff that didn't help. This book is different because the author is truly the expert at helping people discover their calling.

I have read books that tell you to "do what you are", but - like many people - I didn't deeply understand who I was. This book helped me to extract that key information, and helped me to match who I am to a career that I can be much happier with.

I have read many books that tell you how to get what you want, but I needed help *figuring out* what I want. That - to me - is a much harder problem to solve. And this book was incredibly valuable in solving it.

The book helped me to understand specifically why I have been unhappy with my career for the last 20 years, and helped me to find a direction to go in that will be a much better match for me. I wish I had found this book years ago.

Creating Careers with Confidence
Creating Careers with Confidence by Edward Anthony Colozzi (Paperback - August 21, 2008)
$33.60 $30.73