5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, November 30, 2010
This review is from: All About Creating Japanese Gardens (Ortho's All About Gardening) (Paperback)
I have dozens of books on Japanese gardening. Some are beautiful coffee table books and are great to look at and escape into, but this book is hands down the best for practical planning and building a Japanese garden...and at a fraction of the cost of the others!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful book for my personal Library, December 31, 2013
This has been a very good purchase for me. I am still working on completing our Japanese garden and this book provided some nice images as examples. My husband and I visited Japan in 2012 and some of the images were from Japan's famous gardens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, May 18, 2013
Jeffrey E. Combs "Book wolf" (winston salem, NC United States) - See all my reviews
If you have the time, and want to make a Japanese Garden, Ortho book is full of ideals, color photos and information. I used this to help in creating my own small garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ortho's All About Creating Japanese Gardens, February 4, 2013
Very helpful! The pictures and diagrams and plant lists were very helpful in designing a corner of my yard where I wanted to get rid of grass. I'm thrilled with my results without having to hire a designer all due to the information in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for ideas, January 24, 2013
Great for ideas nice pictures and information. Good info about different plants. Nice to have for the coffee table. thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars All About Creating Japanese Gardens (Ortho's All About Gardening) Ortho, December 1, 2012
A very well written paperback by the Ortho company that shows a lot of ideas on creating Japanese style gardens and the instructions are very helpful. I would highly recommend this book as well as other paperbacks by Ortho as they contain lots of colored photos and good information on educating yourself about Japanese style gardens. It shows you how to undertake a project like creating your own Japanese garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Title.....inspirational guide with a helpful zoning page 108 and plant slections., December 1, 2012
Techsup (San Marcos, CA) - See all my reviews
Beautiful photos and simple summary of different Japanese Garden styles. I'm giving this as a gift to my mother who is planning on including some basic Japanese elements into her new garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars lush, November 14, 2012
When Ortho wants to do a book well, they do. This is done very well. Perhaps few readers can actually create a garden, but it's sure fun to imagine doing so. These pictures are a lot of fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideas Galore, October 27, 2012
Chris P. "72669" (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I was looking to turn a shady backyard into a Japanese garden, and I'm happy I found this resource. Tons of great ideas, from creating water features, to selecting appropriate plants. Richly illustrated with stunning photography. I'm not a big fan of Ortho, but this an excellent book.

All About Creating Japanese Gardens (Ortho's All About Gardening)
Used & New from: $1.76