5.0 out of 5 stars A ray of sunshine and hope
Published on September 25, 2007 by gg

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price
Interested in this book but why should the Kindle version cost 50% more than the paperback, new about $16, Kindle $25?
Published on May 25, 2010 by Mr. D

5.0 out of 5 stars A ray of sunshine and hope, September 25, 2007
This review is from: Creating Moments of Joy for the Person with Alzheimer's or Dementia: A Journal for Caregivers, Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Through tears of joy I read the first pages of "Creating Moments of Joy", a journal of hope and joy. This is a must read for families who have loved ones with Alzheimers. Jolene gives us such sensible answers about the mysteries of this disease and helps us to realize where our Alzheimer patients are coming from and how we can calm their fears and give them mements of joy. This is such a confusing illness to the patient and the caregivers, and the author provides concrete examples and illustrations of how to make precious memories and moments of joy for the entire family. Thank you so much for such a wonderful book.....the best I have read of this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short & Simple, June 4, 2008
Cara (Severn, MD) - See all my reviews
Creating Moments...was recommended to me by Amy, a Nurse Practitioner of my Fathers. She would ask whenever she'd see me "Did you order the book yet?" & between being a master of procrastination & being the sole care taker of my Dad, even my best intentions never seems to come full circle. One night my phone rang & it was Amy asking again if I ordered the book, it just happened to be on her mind!!!! Well I immediately went on line and thought "this better be a great book" for all the bothering from her. Giving it 5 stars barely does it justice but thats the highest the scale goes. I love it because one minute you are learning something serious & the next you are laughing so hard at the stories Jolene has sprinkled through out the book. Order it (when you get a chance!) Care takers and family members alike will enjoy and be informed. Take Amy's word for it!! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Crerating Moments of Joy, October 3, 2007
This is the best book I've read that helps caregivers understand how important it is to enter the world of the Alzheimer's patient and gives concrete examples of how that can be accomplished. It helps us understand the serious reality of this disease, but offers hope that we can bring joyful moments to our loved ones in the remaining time we have with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spreading the Joy, November 18, 2008
My only regret is that I did not know the helpful insights and ideas from this book while my mother was living. My mother from Ames, Iowa, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at age 66 and died at age 76 in 1999. We could have loved her better if we had understood her. I have shared the book with others whom I know are struggling with the gamut of questions and frustrations of caring for loved ones. Creating Moments of Joy gives practical answers to situations all of us have encountered or surely will. I have personal stories from the years we watched my mother slowly lose herself to the disease. Some stories are funny and some are tragic. All are precious. If I should ever develop dementia, I pray my family and my caregivers will read Jolene's marvelous book. If I should have occasion to assist another on this journey, I now will be beter able to support the person with the digmity and compassion he or she so deserves.

Marcia Snook
Parker, Colorado

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for everyone connected to the disease!, March 24, 2008
Grandma P (Minnesota USA) - See all my reviews
This book is absolutely the best I have read regarding the disease. I am a care-giver. The insights into the disease, how to make the best of it for you and for them is invaluable. You can create moments of joy for everyone. Tips and tricks are sensational. I will read it again and again as the disease progresses. I just can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeing her smile is wonderful, October 2, 2008
Lauryn Boyd (Richmond, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I have read so many books about this terrible disease and know first hand how much it impacts the entire group of family and friends around those who have dementia. I wanted to find a way to not only understand what my Mother was going through, but also to be able to bring a smile once again to her beautiful face. I wanted to care for the body as well as the spirit. Jolene Brackey has given me the tools to create that smile. The easy to read format allows me to carry the book in my purse and read (and reread) a chapter whenever I have a few minutes. Rather than presenting all "doom and gloom" about this disease, Jolene offers tips and stories that bring a smile to my face and allows me to give my Mother the same joy. Any caregiver will tell you that having a chance to smile is truly a gift and being able to bring happiness (even if for only a moment) to your loved one is "priceless." I plan to order several copies of this book as gifts for the holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, March 28, 2009
If you have a loved one or are working with someone who has Alzheimer's, this is a must read. If you have ever thought, "please grant me patience", this book does just that. It is filled with suggestions and coping skills that greatly benefit the caregiver while at the same time, keeps the loved one's dignity intact. It is filled with practical solutions to everyday situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, July 5, 2010
I wanted to learn more about dementia. Now I understand what is going on in the minds of patients, and what I can do to help. This book explains what you can do to bring comfort and joy to your loved one every moment of the day. I highly recommend this book to all caregivers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creating Moments of JOY, February 11, 2010
Fantastic book. Very helpful - could relate to so many stories. I bought 4 books - one for myself and for each of my siblings.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful read!, July 21, 2008
My Mom has Alzheimers (or something darn close)and I have tried to understand how to work with her without my head exploding. I read this book and realized that by switching my perceptions/expectations and changing how I handled situations, my Mom and I could have a pretty good time together. And, it's working! Thank you for helping me enjoy being with my Mom again.

For you out there that have someone in your life with damaged brains, read this book. Kristen

$24.95 $17.02
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies