From the Back Cover
Professional artists who strive to bring a new look to theirillustrations are using Alias' premier 3D software in tandem with Adobe'sprominent digital imaging program to create cutting-edge graphics. Now, with Maya6, this remarkable combo is even better integrated thanbefore.
Creating Striking Graphics with Maya andPhotoshop—brought to you from Maya Press, a publishingpartnership between Sybex and Alias—is a dazzling introduction to thevibrant world of 3D and Maya. Graphics wiz Daniel Gray, with help from an elitegroup of pros, will inspire you to incorporate 3D into your graphics and thinkmore artistically when approaching your creations. And if you're already familiarwith Maya, you'll learn how Maya 6 makes it even easier to work between bothapplications.
First you'll get the essential Photoshop user’sintroduction to Maya and learn how to make the leap from 2D to 3D. Then, you'lldiscover how high-profile artists use Maya and Photoshop together in real-worldscenarios where 2D and 3D collide in a burst of creativity. Through a series ofinterviews that address a variety of 3D applications, you'll discoverhow:
- Maya Master Meats Meier depicts Mother Nature withotherworldly success
- Michael Elins combines photography and classicalpainting with the 3D world
- Damon Riesberg cranks out a daily comic strip byposing and rendering his cast of characters
- guru studios crafts beautiful 3Dcartoons with a cool retro feel for TELETOON
- Meteor Studios bringsultra-realistic prehistoric creatures to life for the Discovery Channel'sDinosaur Planet
- IBM painstakingly re-creates ancient artifacts, suchas the Sphinx, for the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- Meshwerks digitizesautomobiles for use in movies, advertising, and video games and creates the ultra-cool chopped and channeled Honda EleMENTAL Woodie!