Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Antivirus Free
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 4, 2012
I have not used this product, but while searching online for the best Android Antivirus option, I found more than one article showing a graph that has this app at the very bottom for protection. In fact according to the graph that was done by a testing lab this app doesn't work at all according to them. Just type in "best android antivirus" and read the first few articles. They list the best and the worst, and this one is said not to work at all. Check out the Av-Test report to find the best. I am posting this review because I would want someone to tell me if I was using something not secure.
22 comments|358 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2012
I've been wanting an antivirus app for my Kindle Fire. Its only a matter of time before the first virus or Trojan attacks the thousands of unprotected Android devices. Unfortunately, this app kills my battery. Before I installed it, I could use my Kindle all day before having to charge it. Since installing it, I have to plug my Kindle in hours before I am done for the day.

Additionally, this app pretends to scan all of the apps on my Kindle and it does a good job of detecting new apps and "updating its virus definitions" frequently, but how do we know whether it is actually doing a good job and thus doing what it advertises itself for.

If this app didn't kill my battery, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and let it run in the background, but the Kindle Fire's battery life is short enough without this app taking its share.
0Comment|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 12, 2011
It asks for personal information before allowing you to progress. There is simply no legit reason a so called virus scanner would need this info. If that's not enough, the scanner is fake. How do I know? Because as of this date, there are NO viruses for Android. Scanning is a waste of battery life and resources. The closest you'll get to a virus is something like this app, that tries to get you to hand over personal information. obviously this app wouldn't detect those, as it is one of them.
44 comments|398 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2011
When you start this for the first time, it'll ask you to register. If you don't, you can't even quite nor hit back button to get out of it. I had to reboot and then when in "Manage Applications" to uninstall it.
on December 18, 2012
Removed it after one week. I got a ton of unsolicited texts and pop up ads. Use AVG free instead.
on February 14, 2012
some people have had doubts about this app, but i have had this for 2 months on my kindle fire with no problems. it never asked me for any personal info so I am not sure what others mean. its done exactly as its stated in its ad.
on April 4, 2011
I wondered what tabs and my wife's I pad did for virus and malware protection. I first bought my Xoom and immediately found protection. So far it does what it is supposed to do. Scans in the background and when I install apps. Not a power hog. Though I wish I knew if it would alert me of an app that isn't clean before I download it. I just haven't run across anything horrible yet. Remember, your are your best protection from malicious apps.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2011
However i uninstalled it for an app that offers more features such as phone locating. If you are just looking for basic anti virus protection only, then this app is more than capable.
on April 12, 2011
It doesn't do anything but pretend to scan the name of your apps. Useless. It requires you to submit personal information and floods you with ads.
on March 1, 2012
I installed this app to Ainol Novo 7 tablet with Android 4.01 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It functions flawlessly and automatically scans all downloaded apps. Now...how ACCURATELY the engine scans is an unknown. Guess I'll just have to trust it. Luckily, the Android OS system is relatively untouched by "the bad guys" at this point it time. Hopefully, the anti-virus programs will evolve to keep ahead of them. ;<}