5.0 out of 5 stars It works
Published on April 4, 2011 by T. Kyne

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!
Published on September 4, 2012 by paglady47

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!, September 4, 2012
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
I have not used this product, but while searching online for the best Android Antivirus option, I found more than one article showing a graph that has this app at the very bottom for protection. In fact according to the graph that was done by a testing lab this app doesn't work at all according to them. Just type in "best android antivirus" and read the first few articles. They list the best and the worst, and this one is said not to work at all. Check out the Av-Test report to find the best. I am posting this review because I would want someone to tell me if I was using something not secure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kills your battery, results unverifiable, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
I've been wanting an antivirus app for my Kindle Fire. Its only a matter of time before the first virus or Trojan attacks the thousands of unprotected Android devices. Unfortunately, this app kills my battery. Before I installed it, I could use my Kindle all day before having to charge it. Since installing it, I have to plug my Kindle in hours before I am done for the day.

Additionally, this app pretends to scan all of the apps on my Kindle and it does a good job of detecting new apps and "updating its virus definitions" frequently, but how do we know whether it is actually doing a good job and thus doing what it advertises itself for.

If this app didn't kill my battery, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and let it run in the background, but the Kindle Fire's battery life is short enough without this app taking its share.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suspecious behavior, fake scanning, May 12, 2011
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
It asks for personal information before allowing you to progress. There is simply no legit reason a so called virus scanner would need this info. If that's not enough, the scanner is fake. How do I know? Because as of this date, there are NO viruses for Android. Scanning is a waste of battery life and resources. The closest you'll get to a virus is something like this app, that tries to get you to hand over personal information. obviously this app wouldn't detect those, as it is one of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars tons of pop ups, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
Removed it after one week. I got a ton of unsolicited texts and pop up ads. Use AVG free instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Have to register to continue (no opt out option), April 26, 2011
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
When you start this for the first time, it'll ask you to register. If you don't, you can't even quite nor hit back button to get out of it. I had to reboot and then when in "Manage Applications" to uninstall it.

3.0 out of 5 stars This app works well, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
However i uninstalled it for an app that offers more features such as phone locating. If you are just looking for basic anti virus protection only, then this app is more than capable.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, April 4, 2011
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
I wondered what tabs and my wife's I pad did for virus and malware protection. I first bought my Xoom and immediately found protection. So far it does what it is supposed to do. Scans in the background and when I install apps. Not a power hog. Though I wish I knew if it would alert me of an app that isn't clean before I download it. I just haven't run across anything horrible yet. Remember, your are your best protection from malicious apps.

1.0 out of 5 stars This app is malware., April 12, 2011
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
It doesn't do anything but pretend to scan the name of your apps. Useless. It requires you to submit personal information and floods you with ads.

4.0 out of 5 stars no problems here, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
some people have had doubts about this app, but i have had this for 2 months on my kindle fire with no problems. it never asked me for any personal info so I am not sure what others mean. its done exactly as its stated in its ad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, May 10, 2011
This review is from: Antivirus Free (App)
So far, not a single android malware/virus has been detected by these AV programs. Don't waste you phone's resources with this snake oil app or others like it.

Antivirus Free