5.0 out of 5 stars Another great collection of projects
Bead and Button Magazine's newest installment in their Creative Beading series lives up to the standard set by the magazine and the previous volumes. The books collect the best projects of the year in a hard cover format. The advantage to having them in a single volume is that it's easy to find that project you just love.

The short introduction has basic...
Published on July 19, 2011 by Shala Kerrigan

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably Wouldn't Buy if I had Previewed
Published on July 12, 2011 by Skye Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great collection of projects, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)

The short introduction has basic information and covers various techniques, so if you need a refresher, it's there.

Then into the projects. This one leans heavily towards seed bead projects. Shapes were a heavy theme last year, so very few of them are pictorial. They are mostly sculptural, wearable art. Elegant, dainty, fun, industrial, geometric, and big statement pieces are all included. You'll learn ways to curve, twist and form shapes using different stitches.

Many of the projects use familiar stitches in new and exciting ways. Such as the 5 pointed star that's made using a variation of the St. Petersburg Chain. Some use unexpected elements or supplies, such as the Arctic Cuff which uses a head cut off a toy to create a polar bear that seems to be coming out of the bracelet .

One of my favorite pieces in the whole book is one of the simplest, it's an industrial looking bracelet made in peyote stitch using hex nuts. It's one of those projects that could encourage young men to learn to bead and it's very wearable by men or women.

Bead Intuitive uses several techniques to create a beaded bead necklace that looks like a lampwork art bead on a cord. It's intricate and challenging with lots of room for interpretation.

Get to the Point is a really neat looking daisy chain variation that in the right colors would be wearable with anything. It's sparkling and delicate with an edge provided by dagger beads.

There are a lot of projects, and I could write about most of them. Which would make this a really long review. So I'll skip to the wire working part of the book.

The wirework chapter is pretty short, but it also has some great projects. My hands down favorite is the Paisley Perfection earrings which combine great shapes with beads to make lovely motifs. The project that looks the most fun to me is the Keshi cuff which is a frame that is heavily embellished with pearls.

I really recommend this if you're a fan of the magazine and love seed beads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beader extraordinaire, August 1, 2011
C. Manchester (Dover-Foxcroft, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
I have purchased the whole series of these books as they have oodles of ideas for the
home jewelry maker and are beautifully presented instructions. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative Beading, August 7, 2011
wanda smith (Sarasota, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
I can only advise that if you subscribe to Bead & Button magazine think twice before purchasing this book. I love Bead & Button magazine, however because I do subscribe to the magazine this purchase was really kind of wasteful, I already had 98% of the patterns. This book only condensed keeping track of them. If you do not subscribe to the magazine this is a super great purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
i now have all of the creative beading vol. they are great i like the clear instruction that they provide

5.0 out of 5 stars A good compilation!, May 12, 2014
zkundak (Istanbul, Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
A must for beading fans. All the best projects in one place. I will try most of the projects. Thanks Bead&Button

5.0 out of 5 stars Chalk full of goodies!, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
I love this collection of beautiful and inspirational projects, articles and great ideas! The book is chalk full of some of the very best projects from Bead and Button magazine that are beautiful and easy to follow for both beginner to advanced beaders! Highly recommend this collection and hope that Bead and Button continues to put out these great volumes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation of magazine articles, January 24, 2013
Tricia C (Cameron Park, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
If you love bead books, you'll really like this because it's the best of all year's projects. I love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably Wouldn't Buy if I had Previewed, July 12, 2011
Skye Norton (Silver City, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Beading Vol. 6 (Hardcover)
I was disappointed in this book, but mostly because I did not read the description good enough. This is not new projects offered by Bead and Button magazine. Instead it is simply a collection of projects that have been released in their magazine. Since I have a subscrition, I just bought a book that repeats what I already own. Still they do seem to show a few more detailed photos of the projects, but I have not compared side by side to the magazine, so I am not 100% sure on that. Overall, I will keep the book because it is a nice hardcover that will probably be easier to work out of then a flimsy magazine, but I will most likely not by another book in this series during a year that I got the magazine.

Creative Beading Vol. 6
Creative Beading Vol. 6 by Editors of Bead&Button Magazine (Hardcover - July 12, 2011)
$29.95 $20.91